Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Spirit Kings

Basically we got totally owned by that boss last night.
    Our problem ist, that we die during phase 1 or the transition to phase 2. mostly poeple die because they get oneshottet by the massive attack. This happens mostly while we are walking to avoid the flanking orders. We have 5 marks on the ground. 4 on each side and 1 in the middle.
    The tank tells us to which mark we walk when flanking order occures but we dont seem to be able to all walk on the same spot. how do u manage that?
    it takes some time for the tank to call where we are heading so walking too slow isnt an option. and i people are dead everything falls apart after that. im really a little clueless how we could get this to work...
    contrary to the guide on icy veines we arent dieing to the shield tho

Faster reaction times is about the only thing that would fix what you're describing. People are moving to slow and not keeping up so when attack goes off people are going to get one shot. Tank needs to call out a color quick and everyone at that moment has to move as a single unit to avoid everything and be in for massive attack. Not much else to it just practice.

Edit:Not sure when you're blowing bloodlust/heroism but at 30% helps speed up the first guy's death making the fight a lot easier as you dont have to stack anymore just avoid first volley and you're set.

Yeah bl is at 30%
    Problem is we are prot paladin and feral druide. since the paladin has no damage gear she tanks the boss and the feral which has better prot gear too and is normally our maintank and really good goes dps. i dont want to say our paladin is bad, but the feral would be better there i think.

I tanked that fight only once but I found it really easy (of course, my guild has done it quite often before, so that helps) we just mark the tank, so you can stack easily, and make sure the tank doesn't run but backpaddles, then you can easily see the direction the tank is going and can stay ahead of him. make sure someone shouts flanking orders when it's about to come and you should be fine (assuming the tank gets out of the way in time and doesn't make any sudden moves)
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I think the best solution would be to let our feral tank then because he is a little more relaxed and has way more experience... not quite sure how to do it tho

Is this 25 or 10man? In any case, you may be overcomplicating it for both the tank and the rest of the raid, what with getting a whole bunch of marks out. Our tank just gets a mark on his head and then simply calls which way he's going, and the raid follows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let your players know, once a marker is called to move to, everyone with the exception of the tank starts moving (So their 2-3y ahead of him), obviously if people still move to slow, your tank might get clipped by flanking since he will be waiting a second or two to ensure players are in front taking the MA as intended.

It's not really an option spending raid-wide cd's on a basic ability that everyone have already done on normal, so I guess you need a serious chat with your players if it continues like that.

what can help is waiting until a massive attack goes out to move so you have more time between cleaves. It does not always work out this way since the flanking can get too close but does help in some cases, also calling out exactly when to move not just saying a mark...."Go to blue.....now."

Deleted
    Put a marker on the tank, and everyone follows the marked tank.

Deleted
    Our tank will just say which way hes moving.. eg straight back.. back then left.. back then right etc... hes marked with a orange, and im marked with a star.... the raid wil start moving 1st (normally follows me) while the tank will just walk backwards slowly for about 2secs till he sees everyone moving.. then he will move

maybe your tank is callin out where to go, then moving way to fast not giving anyone a chance to react, so half ur raid is infront of the boss and half is behind.

just tell ur tank to call a mark, then pause for a sec so the raid can move, then go himself

personally, i think this is the hardest part of the fight.. once u get past this the rest is pretty easy if u follow simple instructions, spread on pinned arrows, dont dps the shadow shield, be full HP when madenin starts, dont attack above 70 energy.. avoid shit. none of that stuff is RNG, so its fairly straight forward. However getting bad flanks or bad timing on 2nd boss comin out etc is a pain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    Basically we got totally owned by that boss last night.
    Our problem ist, that we die during phase 1 or the transition to phase 2. mostly poeple die because they get oneshottet by the massive attack. This happens mostly while we are walking to avoid the flanking orders. We have 5 marks on the ground. 4 on each side and 1 in the middle.
    The tank tells us to which mark we walk when flanking order occures but we dont seem to be able to all walk on the same spot. how do u manage that?
    it takes some time for the tank to call where we are heading so walking too slow isnt an option. and i people are dead everything falls apart after that. im really a little clueless how we could get this to work...
    contrary to the guide on icy veines we arent dieing to the shield tho
    Few nice tips for P1 P2 transition when you have both bosses. BL definately when 2nd boss comes. You need to kill 1st boss before you need to spread for Rain of Arrows. You say you are dying to massive attack when dodging for flanking orders. This is really hard with 2 bosses, so we stop dps at 32% and wait for flanking orders, then BL and kill the boss quickly.

Also I do not recommend marking tank and following him especially if you are 1 tanking this (we use 2 tanks). This may work if practiced, but it is much easier to mark someone else e.g. ranged dps and follow him. You do not need 10 people near the boss for massive attack.

Also keep both bosses on top of each other. If whole raid is in 1 group you always get massive attack and volley in same direction and then run as a group to dodge it. Then if massive attack comes don't run trough the boss but always e.g. anticlockwise, then comes pillage -> backpedal a bit, and then comes volley -> again go anticlockwise as a group. After we started using this tactic it was a cake walk. Only problem comes if you don't have enough dps to kill the first boss before first rain of arrows.

Deleted
    Use 2 tanks and have only them soaking the massive attack. Rest of the raid just stays clear out the way, this wont hurt dps as much as u might think due to the ranged not having to run around. Also means u won't get random raid members exploding.

I had an idea like that but with using only 1 tank while running and using cds but that actually sounds really good. im a fury warrior and id love to actually stand behind the boss because parry really hurts my dps. i thinkg ill suggest that to the raidleader.

Quote Originally Posted by kakihara View Post
    I had an idea like that but with using only 1 tank while running and using cds but that actually sounds really good. im a fury warrior and id love to actually stand behind the boss because parry really hurts my dps. i thinkg ill suggest that to the raidleader.
    You can stand behind the boss without parrys and still be able to soak the damage from massive attacks if you 1tank it

does the massive attack get reduced by armor?

Deleted
    One tactic we used was the tank popping cooldowns and solo tanking the massive attacks for the last 25%, the obvious problem is that anyone not fast enough to move away will get one shotted since its only him and the tank soaking.

H Spirit Kings requires 100% raid awareness from each person. If you have "that guy" who always dies to Annihilate, Flanking Order, or Volley, you'll be stuck for 100+ wipes until people figure out how to stop dying to completely avoidable damage.

Deleted
    As soon as Qiang uses his first shield, dispell it and use Bloodlust. Just after that raid should stop staying in front of him so at this moment only the tank is soaking Massive Attacks. With cooldowns this is perfectly doable. Withi this strategy your dps will be able to finish Qiang easily and that Flanking Orders won't be a problem.

I solo tank this for our guild currently as a protection paladin how it goes is like this and although I have no idea what your protection paladins gear is like I'm sure you can get it to work too, if not you could always 2 tank it, have everyone stack for the first few and then leave the two tanks to sort it between themselves through cooldown management and movement.

Everyone stacks up on the pull.
    Massive Attack, Massive Attack,
    Everyone then runs through the boss for the annihilate and I spin the boss around while everyone is still stacked
    Repeat until the next annihilate at which point everyone spreads and I solo tank the boss from this point onwards, (this occurs about 10% before the next boss spawns.)
    Guardian of ancient kings for the next two/three massive attacks while shield of the righteousness is being used just before each massive attack resulting in a lot of damage reduction.
    Bloodlust at 30% as the new boss spawns, I pop holy avenger+avenging wrath, while bloodlust is up this results in 18seconds of around 50-60% damage reduction due to shield of the righteous buff.
    Then it just depends, if our holy paladin or priest is healing I get either a cooldown from one of them or pop ardent defender and glyphed divine protection at the same time, ardent defender ensuring I survive the last swing as the first boss dies.

Rest of the fight from here on in is a piece of cake really, save HoP from paladins for people getting shot by arrows while pinned down or people about to get hit by the wall while pinned.

Do you have a Paladin in the raid? Our raid also had problems moving as a group for Flanking Orders.

What we did was... As soon as the RL decided where the raid had to run for Flankings our holydin would pop his Speed of Light, taunt the boss and run away in the opposite direction. After 2 or 3 seconds he'd self-cast Hand of Salvation and the boss would happily run back to the tank. This gave the main group a few secs to get safe and re-stack before the boss came back and resumed attacking.

This needed to be done twice so the Pala had to have Clemency specced. We also stopped dps at about 32% to avoid getting Subetei out on a flanking and further complicating things with a Volley. Once we were allstacked again after the 2nd Flanking we'd pop personal CD's and easily get Qiang down before the 3rd flanking/pinning arrows.

TL;DR If u have a Paladin, use his versatility.