Poll: Witch Class for next season?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Question [5.2] Rogue, Lock or Mage for next season PvP?

I am really trying to decide witch one to pick for next season, played with mage this season and I am kinda bored. Not aiming for nothing that great, just a lil fun. I Love chaos bolt and Destro mechanics but I feel a lil hopeless against melee. I like Rogue playstyle and how useful you can be in BG's sometimes changing match result completly, but I tend to get tired with melee fast. The mage is a lil bit of both actually, but with lesser sneakeability and more melee control.

Any help?

I know that is something only me can decide, but all your points may be helpful on my final decision.

I was also considering leveling a monk, something fresh and diferent, however, I am kinda busy and the lack of time plus all the slowliness of leveling made me give up.
    Last edited by Alvorea; 2013-01-07 at 05:27 PM.

But.. I am a rogue.

Are you up to date with the 5.2 changes? Rogues are getting some nice changes. Maybe not good as some people say but new things are always welcome. Locks are getting a nerf to their instant fear which means it might be time for locks to start using pets again so there will be some damage trade off for control. Mages are mages. They always seem to be in a good spot.

Play around on the ptr as well to see what's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Are you up to date with the 5.2 changes? Rogues are getting some nice changes. Maybe not good as some people say but new things are always welcome. Locks are getting a nerf to their instant fear which means it might be time for locks to start using pets again so there will be some damage trade off for control. Mages are mages. They always seem to be in a good spot.

Yeah, nice point, the PTR. I been watching rogues changes for 5.2 but I actually still like rogues the way it is still.
    One thing I consider important and i didnt say, is the fact that i LOVE to do old content raids and I am pretty sure that Lock is good on this. Not so sure about rogues thought, what do you think about it? Old content for transmog and mounts is the only PVE i like.
    But ya, I will take a look around ptr.

But.. I am a rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is PvP, rogues will be a good choice for 5.2, and mages simply won't get bad..
    Warlocks on the other hand are no longer that amazing after all the nerfs that have already happend and in 5.2 they won't be viable for high rated arena.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

Shhh, don't talk about the Rogue changes or you'll jinx them and they'll never happen.

But the real question would be are they changes to the class to bring people back just to skew numbers or to actually fix the many issues with the class? Just because it's a change doesn't mean it's a good one. I'd wait and see how much the changes are effecting rogues before you get all wild with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

I'm not sure but I heard that warlocks took a hit a while back in their soloing capabilities but demo still remains as the solo spec. I havnt tried it yet myself.

I still think rogue is a good choice all around however I will die saying that Vanish deserves a 45 sec coldown to make it work for rogues.

But.. I am a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvorea View Post
    I still think rogue is a good choice all around however I will die saying that Vanish deserves a 45 sec coldown to make it work for rogues.
    You'd have to carry a bucket around for all the crying going on over that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Take it off preparation, and make it 45 sec coldown, or at least make your finishing moves to reduce vanish coldowns, we are too dependent on coldowns and that is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    You'd have to carry a bucket around for all the crying going on over that.

But.. I am a rogue.

Probably gonna level another toon... depending on how bad that lock nerf hits us. Go with your rogue, they're getting some sweet changes.

Deleted
    ALways keep in mind that people on these boards paint the situation in black or white. Either a spec/class is godmode and requires no skill for 2.4k or it is so bad it can't kill a green geared AFKer.

Rogues will recieve some love next patch, warlocks/mages will see some nerfs. It is not, however, as drastic as the boards would make you believe. All 3 will be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    ALways keep in mind that people on these boards paint the situation in black or white. Either a spec/class is godmode and requires no skill for 2.4k or it is so bad it can't kill a green geared AFKer.

Rogues will recieve some love next patch, warlocks/mages will see some nerfs. It is not, however, as drastic as the boards would make you believe. All 3 will be viable.
    Thank you for the real world opinion.
    I kinda believe on that still. Locks are a lil behind due the fact that is so hard to counter melee for me.

But.. I am a rogue.

Monks will be very strong in 5.2. I'm starting to think they might actually become the most Op class.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Monks will be very strong in 5.2. I'm starting to think they might actually become the most Op class.
    If Ring of Peace goes live as is they will be, but I have to believe that it will be nerfed heavily before that.

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    If Ring of Peace goes live as is they will be, but I have to believe that it will be nerfed heavily before that.
    Even without ring of peace, windwalkers I would say will be up there. First of all we gain our old mastery as a passive and gain a new mastery that also buffed our main brew ability by 50% and including a lot of our other new and old abilities

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Even without ring of peace, windwalkers I would say will be up there. First of all we gain our old mastery as a passive and gain a new mastery that also buffed our main brew ability by 50% and including a lot of our other new and old abilities
    Monks gear and lack of flashy skills plus all the grind till 90 makes me think twice about it, but I have to say that I love all the mobility.
    Against my mage last night a monk WW managed to go stealth somehow against me, what spell he used? I won btw. lol

But.. I am a rogue.