1. #1

    MoP enchant effects

    Hello,

    Anyone else think the enchant effects of the MoP enchants look aweful compared to the old ones from cata, wotlk or tbc (can't remember the wotlk ones) ?

    I was leveling a 85 alt from the cata era and i had to let go of a 1H with landslide on it, i realy missed the look of it for atleast 1 level.

    I know there where some people complaining about the fact that they didn't realy see their weapon(s) anymore and wanted an option to turn the enchants off, but i want those special looking enchants back. I'm not happy with a silly yellow, blue or green glow.

  2. #2
    Mop ones looks alot better than Cataclysms enchant.
    Monk main Casual

    people putting quotes in signatures are often retarded according to science.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    Hello,

    Anyone else think the enchant effects of the MoP enchants look aweful compared to the old ones from cata, wotlk or tbc (can't remember the wotlk ones) ?

    I was leveling a 85 alt from the cata era and i had to let go of a 1H with landslide on it, i realy missed the look of it for atleast 1 level.

    I know there where some people complaining about the fact that they didn't realy see their weapon(s) anymore and wanted an option to turn the enchants off, but i want those special looking enchants back. I'm not happy with a silly yellow, blue or green glow.
    Thought they were made the way they are now because someone complained you couldn't see the actual weapon underneath it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Mop ones looks alot better than Cataclysms enchant.
    Also, lolno.

  4. #4
    Cata had to go, they were just way too over the top.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.
    Friend Safari: Steel, Metang, Mawile, and Klefki.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Cata had to go, they were just way too over the top.
    Exactly. I'd love enchants like in cata, but they would have to be visible only when the enchant procs.. Not always, some of them looked awful, when they were visible all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    "you need to understand that my computer and i have a relationship that was here before i met you, and will be here long after we break up. if i could have sex with the CD-rom drive, you would be irrelevant. just so we're clear on this"

  6. #6
    Cata enchants had way too much glow on them, mop ones are okay. I sure miss the Mongoose/Executioner era (sure they were glowy but it was an "Okay" glowy not over the top), I did homever love the way they made Berserking in Wotlk look.
    Monk main Casual

    people putting quotes in signatures are often retarded according to science.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord taximals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    877
    Everyone complained about the effects on cataclysm enchants, so they simplified it, now people are complaining about the latter?

    ~ Armoury ~

  8. #8
    I didn't complain in cata, but i know alot of people did.

    Maybe they should make something in between, not over the top cata style but not like it is now.

    I know blizzard can't please everyone at the same time so i will have to live with it,

  9. #9
    Only Landslide was seriously overkill, Dagger enchanted with Landslide looked like pieces of dirt with the rough shape of a dagger.

    And if you had 2H with Landslide and were flying, it looked you and your mount suffer from diarrhea.
    Too often, we are mistaken for druidic types. perhaps that's true for some shaman, but do not let yourself be plagued by the ignorant belief that we are always peaceful.
    Nothing about what I do is harmonious. I command the elements to my will. There is nothing offered in return. I would have it no other way.


    Never assume an ogre's stupid, that's when they'll get you.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Everyone complained about the effects on cataclysm enchants, so they simplified it, now people are complaining about the latter?
    Exactly, personally I felt the Cataclysm ones were fantastic.

  11. #11
    i miss the mongoose effect.
    do what you feel.

  12. #12
    I miss the option to turn off enchant visual effects. It's bad enough they nerfed Elegions size by 50%, but that stupid glow makes it look like im swinging a handful of blue mist at my enemies.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Everyone complained about the effects on cataclysm enchants, so they simplified it, now people are complaining about the latter?
    Turns out WoW is large enough to contain multiple groups of people who have different opinions on virtually every subject. The world makes much more sense if you stop treating it like a monolithic, uniform block.

    I prefer MoP enchants over Cata. With transmog, I want to see my weapon, not some stupid effect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •