Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I would sell all my mats when I first started. I've since saved up plenty of mats. If you are going to sell them though, sell them through TP and not the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    In your opinion what's better? To use every mat for crafting or to sell em all for money money money?
    Create until you don't need it for yourself anymore, then sell!

For most T6 mats you gather, it only takes a second or two to check the price of the raw mat vs. the price of the refined mat. Generally, refining something will produce a very slight margin of profit over selling the material 'raw.' Good example is Orichalcum Ore. Right now, for example, eight raw Ori ores fetch 16s 8c. Refined to ingots, those same eight ore fetch 16s 24c. It's a very slight margin better, but takes only seconds to do (assuming you have a crafter for it). Crafting usually doesn't, but I check for simple crafted items like Ori filigree, too, just in case the margin is even better.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 10:51 AM ----------

Follow up: in the case of the example I used above, eight Orichalcum Ore crafted into 2x Ori Filigree fetch 30s 70c on the TP. So, in this case, after a quick check of prices, I turn my T6 ore into Filigrees and sell them crafted. Almost never do I sell Orichalcum ore raw -- but always check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive got a question, what do I do with weapons and armour do I salvage do i sell to vendors or ah or do i mix them all together to make stuff in that wvwvw place :S

For rares if it's lvl 68+ first check TP, if it sells for more than 50s sell it on tp. Otherwise salvage it.
    For exotics there are a couple of "rules" what rune/insignia is on it. What lvl is it (same reason as above) how much does each "component" sell for and so on.
    70% of the time you'll be salvaging exotics, just make sure to check

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ive got a question, what do I do with weapons and armour do I salvage do i sell to vendors or ah or do i mix them all together to make stuff in that wvwvw place :S
    What I do is (Which works for me but might not be THE BEST).
    I salvage whites (for mats mainly).
    I vendor blues.
    I -usually- vendor greens as well. But I always check TP prices, if it's higher than vendor I just sell in TP.
    I always salvage rares for ectos.
    I usually salvage exotics (Depends on TP price too, or saving for Alt)

I don't craft but I don't sell mats either. Crafting itself is a giant waste of time (and gold), but it levels up alts very quickly so I just keep everything.

I've stalled out on crafting because it's gotten too expensive. I was using a leveling guide for armorsmithing up until the point where the insignias it suggested using are 50s+ each (to create items worth less than 1s) and it only seems to get worse from there. I was planning to take up artificing and jeweling on a new alt, but now I'm not so sure.

Incidentally, I've decided I hate GW2's crafting system since it is so heavily dependent upon drops. I really don't like that the materials you gather don't actually amount to anything because you can't make anything without inscriptions/insignias.

If you're lvling crafting to level crafting or to level try this gw2crafts.saladon.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I've stalled out on crafting because it's gotten too expensive. I was using a leveling guide for armorsmithing up until the point where the insignias it suggested using are 50s+ each (to create items worth less than 1s) and it only seems to get worse from there. I was planning to take up artificing and jeweling on a new alt, but now I'm not so sure.

Incidentally, I've decided I hate GW2's crafting system since it is so heavily dependent upon drops. I really don't like that the materials you gather don't actually amount to anything because you can't make anything without inscriptions/insignias.
    You should be able to craft the insignias yourself o.0. Right?

while crafting does require a few gold/karma at first to buy some ingredients, mats and later on recipes, it can pay up pretty well if you find some niche on the TP.
    i usually monitor like 20 crafted items price and make decent profit by stocking up mats when their price is low and selling the crafted item when their value is high enough (ie usually netting me more than 50c/item for those i sell in hundreds, and 10s+ for items i'm selling in less than 10 at a time).

it does take some time (though not as much as some may think) and it's certainly not a waste of gold in the long run.

that said, i agree there probably are (were?) faster ways to get gold in gw2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    You should be able to craft the insignias yourself o.0. Right?
    I don't always have the mats. Anything T4+ I usually don't have enough of to level one craft let alone multiple ones. When it comes down to having to buy the mats it's usually cheaper to buy the premade insignias than it is to buy the components.