Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    Interesting seeing the Jinyu also taking part in this particular raid... interesting indeed...!
    there are no jinyu in that teaser only trolls you must have mistaken the new troll model for them

I know that it was only a teaser, but honestly it did not show me enough to get me excited about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    ..What? While this does look cool it doesn't give me an Ulduar vibe in the slightest. If anything it gives me a Black Temple vibe except very linear.

That's my biggest complaint with this raid and all raids Blizzard puts out now. They're always simply linear. Go down this hallway and kill a boss and then take a turn kill another boss, keep going down the hallway kill a boss, turn again and kill the final boss. Ulduar, Black Temple, etc were amazing because of how open they were. From what I can tell by the maps and videos of this raid its another linear place.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure this raid will still be awesome. I'm just sick of linear hallways.
    Actually if you look at a video preview of the raid you can see that there are a lot of paths you can take towards the end of the raid

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    That's my biggest complaint with this raid and all raids Blizzard puts out now. They're always simply linear. Go down this hallway and kill a boss and then take a turn kill another boss, keep going down the hallway kill a boss, turn again and kill the final boss. Ulduar, Black Temple, etc were amazing because of how open they were. From what I can tell by the maps and videos of this raid its another linear place.
    Please, tell me how you did Reliquary before Bloodboil, or Mimiron before Freya.

Just because the illusion of the "option" is there doesn't mean that people raided the instances non-linearly.

As long as this game, and min/maxing exists, there will be a designated "correct" way to go through normal modes. The path of least resistance will always outweigh any "non linear" raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dinosaurs.

Heck yes! ^__^

I find it funny that people say "ZOMG GAIZ, THERE'S ONLY A LINEAR PATH!" like that is some huge game-breaking thing in a dungeon.

It feels like people just use that as an excuse to bash the game.

Clearly people forgot that people always did Black Temple the same way. People nearly always did Ulduar the exact same way, same with ICC, ect.

Such an obvious cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Please, tell me how you did Reliquary before Bloodboil, or Mimiron before Freya.

Just because the illusion of the "option" is there doesn't mean that people raided the instances non-linearly.

As long as this game, and min/maxing exists, there will be a designated "correct" way to go through normal modes. The path of least resistance will always outweigh any "non linear" raid.
    A plethora of Heroic raiding guilds a few took a non-linear rout because it WAS the path of least resistance this tier.

Some guilds skipped Spirit Kings Heroic to do Elegon Heroic. Others did not.

Some guilds skipped Empress Heroic to clear 2/4 or 3/4 Springs Heroic first. Others did not.

It was easier to skip and granted more loot, but if you could kill the harder ones by staying linear (Kings/Empress) in a decent amount of time, your guild often ended up with more points on WoW Progress. That is of course what determines guild ranking.