Still hope for Staff/Polearm transmogs?

Either the blue is misinformed about what's coming in 5.2, or there might still be hope for us to transmog staves and polearms in 5.2!

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-for-transmog/

"Yup, we're hoping to allow you to transmogrify items that share animations, like polearms and staves, so main hand/one hand won't be an issue any more once this goes live. Still aiming for 5.2 as far as I know "
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2013-01-07 at 07:29 PM.

I'd imagine that'll be fine. They share animations after all, and we've seen a lot of transmog restrictions lifted on the PTR already. I definitely see staff/polearm transmogs being possible very soon.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Poor Daggers and Fist weapons though

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Poor Daggers and Fist weapons though
    Hey, as far as Fists go, I'm just glad that they acknowledged the fist visibility issue as something that we want, and told us that they're a technical issue. Gives hope, at least, that they might address said technical issue.

Obviously not for this patch, but something tells me that eventually over time we will be able to do whatever we want with transmogrification like legendaries and enchant glows. There definitely is still hope, it might just take them a very long time to see the need for a such a crowdpleaser again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Hey, as far as Fists go, I'm just glad that they acknowledged the fist visibility issue as something that we want, and told us that they're a technical issue. Gives hope, at least, that they might address said technical issue.
    The technical issue being they can't be bothered to do the animations for it.

In terms of enchant glows, I'm kind of surprised they couldn't just carry that over from whatever you're transmogging from. Would've made turning off the glow completely or getting the one that matches your gear a lot simpler. But it wouldn't shock me if everything does become eligible over at some point in the game's life, gives the players something to get continually excited about with new patches and expansions. I certainly wasn't expecting the main-hand fix in a patch in the middle of the expansion, but I'm glad they're doing it (I'll have motivation to level my paladin to 90 at least). I'm hoping to cross between different armor types someday - some of the cloth looks more intimidating than specific pieces of other gear types that are eligible, and plate-wearers are already using skirts on occasion, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    In terms of enchant glows, I'm kind of surprised they couldn't just carry that over from whatever you're transmogging from. Would've made turning off the glow completely or getting the one that matches your gear a lot simpler. But it wouldn't shock me if everything does become eligible over at some point in the game's life, gives the players something to get continually excited about with new patches and expansions. I certainly wasn't expecting the main-hand fix in a patch in the middle of the expansion, but I'm glad they're doing it (I'll have motivation to level my paladin to 90 at least). I'm hoping to cross between different armor types someday - some of the cloth looks more intimidating than specific pieces of other gear types that are eligible, and plate-wearers are already using skirts on occasion, heh.
    The only problem with that way of doing it is that if you wind up with a sweet looking weapon, you have to mog it to hide an obnoxious looking enchant.

IMO, They should unshackle weapon enchants and glows. get something that gives the weapon enchant, and then something that decides how the weapon glows.

With all the stuff broken and missing, like the mailboxes and storm earth fire, I wouldn't be suprised if they do let you transmog staff to polarm or fist to axe/sword/mace. They still have a long time to fix and add things to the patch.

fist in a one of a kind animation so you will never get a transmog of that

Deleted
    Been known for a long time though, the fact that they haven't done anything about it yet is a little disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    The only problem with that way of doing it is that if you wind up with a sweet looking weapon, you have to mog it to hide an obnoxious looking enchant.
    Oops, yeah, good call! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    fist in a one of a kind animation so you will never get a transmog of that
    Other then they all shoot a projectile all the gun/bow/crossbow animations are different yet hunters can transmog to any of the three so I dont see that as a real reason they are limiting it.

I call bullshit on this simply because there are monk NPCs that use monk attacks with fists equipped in Peak of Serenity already + at least one of the Shado Pan daily partners used Fists of Fury with her stave..

As for new mog rules I hope that "Keep in mind that this is the first build of Patch 5.2, and more changes could come in later builds." from the front page is true and there still is possibility that it will work for both staves/polearms and maybe even daggers/fist weapons (which I'd really love)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!