Paying for Trial character migration to paid account? Dafuq

My cousin played trial till level cap.
    And bought battle chest the day later and got 2 accounts Wow1 and Wow2.

But could not use his level 20 and so i ticketed blizz on his behalf and they said that you must pay for migration to the retail account?

Kinda a retarded thing to do.

From the eyes of a new player.
    Test trial account
    Have loads of fun to level 20
    Buy retail
    Start a new character instead of continuing your journey

I am pretty sure that this should not be the case.

Am i wrong?

/Rage post
    /Info post

Ty for replies

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how it is now but when I started on a trial account some 6 or so years ago, once I paid for the full game the only thing that happened was the restrictions being lifted.

I'm not even sure how he ended up with 2 WoW accounts. Why did he create a 2nd?

You were supposed to upgrade the trial account, not create new one.

Deleted
    Did he upgrade the trial account client to a full client within Battle.net? Seems to me that a new game account was created for the full client.

Just have him call and explain the situation, they are alot more understanding on the phone than tickets. If that doesn't work deman a refund and then im sure they will grant it with enough quarrel. Then upgrade the right account and boom done.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, either your friend accidentally created a new account instead of upgrading his trial, or the GM was confused into thinking that's what he did and the real issue is that the trial restrictions haven't lifted yet (it takes 72 hours). Hard to discern which it is by "can't use his level 20 character." Does the character show up on his character menu for that server at all? Or does it, but he can't level it? If it's the former, he accidentally set up a new account. If it's the latter, he just needs to wait out the time.

In any case, this is not normal. A mistake or misunderstanding has been made. You don't have to migrate characters from trial to retail accounts normally if all is done correctly.

You might try calling them and asking them to do it for free since it was a silly mistake, but probably he should just level a new dude sicne level 20 isn't a lot of time.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    My cousin played trial till level cap.
    And bought battle chest the day later and got 2 accounts Wow1 and Wow2.

But could not use his level 20 and so i ticketed blizz on his behalf and they said that you must pay for migration to the retail account?

Kinda a retarded thing to do.

From the eyes of a new player.
    Test trial account
    Have loads of fun to level 20
    Buy retail
    Start a new character instead of continuing your journey

I am pretty sure that this should not be the case.

Am i wrong?

/Rage post
    /Info post

Ty for replies
    Much better results will be had if the person with their name on the account is the person making contact.

Quote Originally Posted by psionicmonkey View Post
    Much better results will be had if the person with their name on the account is the person making contact.
    Ofc. I ticketed on his account

Why did he create a new account instead of upgrading the trial? That's where the problem lies.

He is convinced he upgraded his trial.
    But going to do another ticket.

They should easily resolve this since the account is only 4 days old :P

if he ended up with WoW-1 and WoW-2, it means he has 2 WoW accounts bound to the same battle.net account, which means he created a 2nd WoW account instead of upgrading the trial one.