Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I judge the game on PvE content and PvE content alone...doing dailies and pet battles is nothing something I call worth the time.
    Dailies are PvE content derp.

    Or do you mean boss content? Can i see you full heroic clear armory?

    And all your gold challenge mode times?

    People like you confuse me. There is plenty of PvE content.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    The shine of the latest Xpac is gone, all the people who are still playing are the ones addicted to the grind. The ultra competitive raiders and pvpers are gone as they did their thing, the casuals are slowly leaving. All that is left are people who just enjoy grinding for gear for alts or what not.

    Until the next Xpac
    So which are you?

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    I think this tier was affected though, I have been raiding for 6 years and our guild has never walked through heroic content like this. 1-2 shotting heroic bosses because they are so tuned down for the depleted player base.
    According to Guildox, 117 guilds have downed H Sha of Fear. Two questions:

    (1) Which of those guilds are yours, and

    (2) Why should Blizzard care that what amounts to maybe 3000 players, less than 0.1% of the NA/EU/KR population, has cleared this content and become bored?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  3. #203
    Not everyone considers Heroic raid bosses extra content.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    There's more to do now, then there was in BC. Yet, there's something that is never brought up and only a few people tend to bring it up occasionally. What I'm talking about is the social impact. That's what keeps a game alive. I see some areas it's being replenished forcefully like, Goldshire. Some guilds will always have the lively hood, while other guilds die out slowly. The game has too much to do (which is okay), but socialism really isn't there. I wont blame it on one thing, but most people are playing the solo game nowadays anyhow. That doesn't mean the game has died off yet, but it is rotting.
    In BC I'd sit for hours in Shattrath waiting for someone to make a group for a run I actually wanted to go to, then spend another 40 mins filling the group and getting to the instance before I could even down a boss (heaven forbid if someone left).

    It was more social because if you didn't make friends with every tank/heals/good dps you met you literally couldn't do anything in the game. It seemed like there was more to do because you had to do every normal 20 times each before you could even do the heroics, and then getting groups for the heroics took so long that you could only realistically do 2-3 a night unless you found a farm group - and all of this was a pre-req before raiding seriously.

    It was more social because you needed to steal guild members from other guilds to progress, because gearing up someone new was virtually impossible. The realms felt social because everyone knew the top 10% and the other 90% were screwed from the get-go unless they made friends in high places or got very lucky.

    Nowadays a solo player actually has a shot at making it into a mid to high guild under his own steam. That doesn't mean you don't have to be social and knowledgeable about your server to get to the top end, it just means that more people have a chance to get there without throwing months of their life away grinding content nobody "good" actually wants to run anymore.

    TBC is my favourite expansion ever and yet we seriously have to look at both the change in what the community expects and the change in what the community will put up with. TBC simply wouldn't work anymore. People would go play GW:2 (and that game is so social that I levelled to max without ever having to party or talk to another player). It's not simply a case of "it's not social anymore omg game is rotting".

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:42 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Not everyone considers Heroic raid bosses extra content.
    Not everyone breathes using their nose. What's your point?

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    In BC I'd sit for hours in Shattrath waiting for someone to make a group for a run I actually wanted to go to, then spend another 40 mins filling the group and getting to the instance before I could even down a boss (heaven forbid if someone left).

    It was more social because if you didn't make friends with every tank/heals/good dps you met you literally couldn't do anything in the game. It seemed like there was more to do because you had to do every normal 20 times each before you could even do the heroics, and then getting groups for the heroics took so long that you could only realistically do 2-3 a night unless you found a farm group - and all of this was a pre-req before raiding seriously.

    It was more social because you needed to steal guild members from other guilds to progress, because gearing up someone new was virtually impossible. The realms felt social because everyone knew the top 10% and the other 90% were screwed from the get-go unless they made friends in high places or got very lucky.

    Nowadays a solo player actually has a shot at making it into a mid to high guild under his own steam. That doesn't mean you don't have to be social and knowledgeable about your server to get to the top end, it just means that more people have a chance to get there without throwing months of their life away grinding content nobody "good" actually wants to run anymore.

    TBC is my favourite expansion ever and yet we seriously have to look at both the change in what the community expects and the change in what the community will put up with. TBC simply wouldn't work anymore. People would go play GW:2 (and that game is so social that I levelled to max without ever having to party or talk to another player). It's not simply a case of "it's not social anymore omg game is rotting".

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 10:42 AM ----------



    Not everyone breathes using their nose. What's your point?
    Stupid people seem to claim that if you havnt completed the same thing on a higher difficulty you have no right to become bored.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Stupid people seem to claim that if you havnt completed the same thing on a higher difficulty you have no right to become bored.
    No they just claim that when people say things like "all I care about is PvE content" and yet refuse to do the PvE content as it is intended, or even finish the PvE content they have available to them they look a little hypocritical.

    If you can honestly tell me that the Stone Guard is the same fight on LFR as it is on normal or the same on normal as it is on heroic then we have differing opinions of what PvE content is.

    It's not like the existence of pet battles actually hurts raiding. Raiding has never been better.

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Stupid people seem to claim that if you havnt completed the same thing on a higher difficulty you have no right to become bored.
    You will notice the person I was responding to was complaining about the heroic content.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    No they just claim that when people say things like "all I care about is PvE content" and yet refuse to do the PvE content as it is intended, or even finish the PvE content they have available to them they look a little hypocritical.

    If you can honestly tell me that the Stone Guard is the same fight on LFR as it is on normal or the same on normal as it is on heroic then we have differing opinions of what PvE content is.

    It's not like the existence of pet battles actually hurts raiding. Raiding has never been better.
    Its not that they arent "the same," its that they are the same boss. "Hai i kild stone boses wit moar health and 1 other ability!" Its the same boss with more health and a new trick. Its not a totally seperate encounter, which is what the TBC bosses offered. Once you killed it, you were triumphant over that boss FOREVER. You never had to see it again with a new trick up its sleeve.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  9. #209
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    From my own personal experiences, it seems like many people I know who play WoW, or have played WoW just say the game is a hamster wheelhouse. In other words, they say that Blizzard keeps churning out content that is the "same as before." Also it seems like the people in the guild only raid because there is "nothing else to do to keep them busy."

    Nothing else to do to keep them busy? Yet this expansion has arguably more to do than any other expansion start with the exception of TBC. People call it burn out.

    Content is now less varied, and comes out slower than before, and they call major content patches (5.1) content. Not much content there if you ask me.

    Also another piece of evidence: Have you seen the server status lately when looking at sever lists? Most of the full servers are now medium to high, all the high servers are now low or medium, and medium servers are now low to non existant pops at peak times.

    Whats the deal? Is enthusiasm for the game in general just dwindling?
    From where i am sitting, its just you. Which is true with most threads on these forums.
    Someone forms an opinion that becomes reality to them, so it must be true.

  10. #210
    Legendary! Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    6,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I almost wanted to response.... but then i noticed that it's one of the Jaylock's threads.
    Why are you guys always trying to discredit him? He's started a serius and legitimate discussion, may it be based on speculation or not, its wrong to disrespect him just because you disagree with him. Mods seriously need to infract people like you..
    There is only one god and his name is Sargeras.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    No they just claim that when people say things like "all I care about is PvE content" and yet refuse to do the PvE content as it is intended, or even finish the PvE content they have available to them they look a little hypocritical.

    If you can honestly tell me that the Stone Guard is the same fight on LFR as it is on normal or the same on normal as it is on heroic then we have differing opinions of what PvE content is.

    It's not like the existence of pet battles actually hurts raiding. Raiding has never been better.
    Like I said, not everyone considers heroic raids extra content. You cant blame people for not wanting to do the same raid 3 times.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not that they arent "the same," its that they are the same boss. "Hai i kild stone boses wit moar health and 1 other ability!" Its the same boss with more health and a new trick. Its not a totally seperate encounter, which is what the TBC bosses offered. Once you killed it, you were triumphant over that boss FOREVER. You never had to see it again with a new trick up its sleeve.
    Unless... you know... "was just a setback!"

    Regardless, if that's what you want then skip LFR and clear the normal tier. That's plenty of content in and of itself, and is completely doable without doubling up into LFR or pressing forward into Heroic Modes.

    Not to mention the large amount of bosses in the game which are identical to each other except for a different model and a "new trick" as you so eloquently put it.

  13. #213
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Why are you guys always trying to discredit him? He's started a serius and legitimate discussion, may it be based on speculation or not, its wrong to disrespect him just because you disagree with him. Mods seriously need to infract people like you..
    Yeah I've noticed that many times throughout the thread. Bias mods are bias I suppose.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Like I said, not everyone considers heroic raids extra content. You cant blame people for not wanting to do the same raid 3 times.
    And I don't. But equally I don't really see LFR as "doing the raid". Much the same way I don't see 3 people downing Yogg-Saron one light as "doing the content". It's simply not what the raid was designed for. It's trivial.

    Yes, you have seen the visual effects before (some of them atleast). But clicking the totem on Garajal and rotating healers and dps to "kill totem" and handle spirit phase adds are completely different. The crucial tank switches on Stone guard and tanking all 3 dogs in AoE pile are completely different.

    If you literally play this game to see different boss models and spell effects with the challenge factor completely removed then I guess we play for different reasons.

  15. #215
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,718
    Its getting towards the end of a major patch. Servers have done that since the start of wow. When the new patch comes out the servers will go back up as always. Using that as "evidence" is a poor way to prove something.

    Anyway no idea how you still have an active account here. This is just a pure flamebait thread like very single other one you make and the mods just ignore it which is a shame.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  16. #216
    Epic! fengosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada, Eh
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Why are you guys always trying to discredit him? He's started a serius and legitimate discussion, may it be based on speculation or not, its wrong to disrespect him just because you disagree with him. Mods seriously need to infract people like you..
    It's really nothing more than another 'is wow dying' thread with a different title. It's not as if this type of thread doesn't pop up on a weekly basis.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Why are you guys always trying to discredit him? He's started a serius and legitimate discussion, may it be based on speculation or not, its wrong to disrespect him just because you disagree with him. Mods seriously need to infract people like you..
    Not a week goes by where Jaylock is still slagging off WoW in some form or another. I don't understand why he still plays because he obviously despises the game.

  18. #218
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    434
    No, but this is what normal looks like, like ZOMG MUST PLAY!!!!!!!

  19. #219
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Not a week goes by where Jaylock is still slagging off WoW in some form or another. I don't understand why he still plays because he obviously despises the game.
    But does that make it okay for people to indirectly harass him? Does that make it okay for mods to look the other way?

    If someone cares about something then they'll make their voice heard.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not that they arent "the same," its that they are the same boss. "Hai i kild stone boses wit moar health and 1 other ability!" Its the same boss with more health and a new trick. Its not a totally seperate encounter, which is what the TBC bosses offered. Once you killed it, you were triumphant over that boss FOREVER. You never had to see it again with a new trick up its sleeve.
    And now it's different. If you can't handle it, then quit. Please. You and your other little buddies can go make your own game with blackjack and hookers and just leave the rest of us the hell alone. Because what you want isn't going to happen. Never ever ever. You complaining about it isn't going to change a damned thing. BC was a broken system that people enjoyed because it was less broken than the competition. The game has changed. Blizzard no longer creates their game for the 10% that seriously raid (and are typically also the insufferable pricks the vast majority of the playerbase can't stand). They've made it more accessible, and used difficultly levels to cater raids to different people.

    As difficult as it may be for your brain to comprehend, not everyone likes the same things, and some people like WoW the way it is now. You don't? Then play a different game. No game provides what you're looking for? Then play a private BC server and continue to live in the past. But for the love of god, give up the crusade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    But does that make it okay for people to indirectly harass him? Does that make it okay for mods to look the other way?

    If someone cares about something then they'll make their voice heard.
    His voice has been heard. Over. And over. And over again. THAT is harassment. Harassment of the entire community that can't even discuss the game without someone like Jaylock complaining about how things aren't as good as they used to be.
    Last edited by Nekosom; 2013-01-08 at 12:17 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •