Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    But does that make it okay for people to indirectly harass him? Does that make it okay for mods to look the other way?

    If someone cares about something then they'll make their voice heard.
    There's a difference between creating several flamebait threads a month on the same subject, than actual constructive dialog.

    Just do one thing to see why people tend to find Jaylock irritating. Take a look at the threads he's started.. He's got a lot of them, but notice a trend?

    Again, I'm not complaining, some of his threads I do truly find constructive and somewhat informative.
    Last edited by razski; 2013-01-08 at 12:33 AM.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    And I don't. But equally I don't really see LFR as "doing the raid". Much the same way I don't see 3 people downing Yogg-Saron one light as "doing the content". It's simply not what the raid was designed for. It's trivial.

    Yes, you have seen the visual effects before (some of them atleast). But clicking the totem on Garajal and rotating healers and dps to "kill totem" and handle spirit phase adds are completely different. The crucial tank switches on Stone guard and tanking all 3 dogs in AoE pile are completely different.

    If you literally play this game to see different boss models and spell effects with the challenge factor completely removed then I guess we play for different reasons.
    Fair enough, however please dont suggest that the same bosses 3 times makes plenty of PvE content. Its nothing to do with "spell effects" its to do with the level people play at. Many people play the game on normal cos thats their standard of gaming and then they are done with it and to me, thats also fair enough.

  3. #223
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    There's a difference between creating several flamebait threads a month on the same subject, than actual constructive dialog.
    Then why hasn't he been banned?

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Then why hasn't he been banned?
    Because he does it in a way that isn't against forum policy. The guy is smart, I'll give him that. But he's created a ton of threads all on pretty much the same subject. As soon as this thread dies, you watch him make another one on the exact same subject, with a different title.

    Some of his threads are also very entertaining to read but because he does this so often, his credibility gets called into question and people start to ignore him.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    But does that make it okay for people to indirectly harass him? Does that make it okay for mods to look the other way?

    If someone cares about something then they'll make their voice heard.
    There's a difference between caring about the game and caring about your own self interests. If you think a design change is good for the game as a whole you can state that. If you want a design change because it personally benefits you and you make absurds claims to justify your position it becomes pretty obvious over time.

  6. #226
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Because he does it in a way that isn't against forum policy.
    So then quit complaining? If he's following the rules then I don't see an issue.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Because he does it in a way that isn't against forum policy.
    So he posts on a forum, within the guidelines of the forums rules , and because you don't like what he's talking about that means people should harass him instead of just ignoring the thread?

    If everyone was so sick of hearing it then none of you would of responded to the thread and it would be laying dead somewhere in the back pages of the forum.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    So then quit complaining? If he's following the rules then I don't see an issue.
    I wasn't specifically complaining. Just answering a question on why people don't like him.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    So he posts on a forum, within the guidelines of the forums rules , and because you don't like what he's talking about that means people should harass him instead of just ignoring the thread?

    If everyone was so sick of hearing it then none of you would of responded to the thread and it would be laying dead somewhere in the back pages of the forum.
    As I stated above, I was explaining on why people discredit his opinions.
    Last edited by razski; 2013-01-08 at 12:24 AM.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Fair enough, however please dont suggest that the same bosses 3 times makes plenty of PvE content. Its nothing to do with "spell effects" its to do with the level people play at. Many people play the game on normal cos thats their standard of gaming and then they are done with it and to me, thats also fair enough.
    When did I say that it was plenty of PvE content solely because of three difficulties?

    It's plenty of PvE content because you have three well-tuned raid encounters (16 bosses) as well as two world bosses, challenge modes and a whole list of scenarios.

    Most people who complain about the lack of PvE content haven't even cleared MSV normal. They just finish the tier on LFR and act like they have run out of things to do - which seems ridiculous to me because you can finish LFR naked and afk.

  10. #230
    I think the original OP just likes to see how many replies he can get on his started threads. He has had a lot of complaining threads lately that all share the same theme. I'm not as enthusiastic about WoW as I used to be but I still come back and play it.

  11. #231
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Why are you guys always trying to discredit him? He's started a serius and legitimate discussion, may it be based on speculation or not, its wrong to disrespect him just because you disagree with him. Mods seriously need to infract people like you..
    It's because many times Jaylock suffers from what I call the "Foxnews-syndrome".
    That is when you make random statements and 'validate' them by simply putting a questionmark behind it.
    It are just 9 lines where he wants to tell us that his guildies don't do anything but raiding, that content is less varied, slower and lacking in quantity and that he thinks WoW is on decline because (without any proof) servers are dying.

    It's a thread that in any other circumstances would be laughed at, locked or ignored but with the little twist of "Don't you think so?"

    PS. They had something like that in Family Guy, where Peter could make all kinds of accusations but it's allright since he said it in the form of a question.
    Does anyone have a link to that part? :P

    One more thing:
    18 months ago he was already creating threads like this and even worse, complaining about the direction, not enjoying the game anymore and "this is why I quit!", but he is still here.

    Everyone appreciates feedback.
    But when you don't like the direction and 1.5 years later they are still following the same direction, than it might be a good time to find another game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Stupid people seem to claim that if you havnt completed the same thing on a higher difficulty you have no right to become bored.
    That's mostly because many people say they cleared all raids when they cleared LFR.
    LFR was never intended for raiders, it's for people who can't commit to a decent raid.

    And beside normal-raids there is enough to do, more than in TBC and stuff.
    I can still remember the non-raiding days: Farming for Shadowress-gear! That was fun.
    But now I am even afraid that 5.2 is coming too soon, because there are so many things I still want to do.
    Last edited by Kangodo; 2013-01-08 at 12:38 AM.

  12. #232
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    I wasn't specifically complaining. Just answering a question on why people don't like him.
    Yeah, I know. But when someone unconstructivly posts just to attack an OP and receives no punishment, then I see an issue with the moderation of these forums (or rather a lack of consistency).

    Anywho this has gone far off topic.

  13. #233
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,067
    Yeah i recently came back from a few weeks off and my server was listed under "New Players" I quickly retreated with a character transfer.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  14. #234
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,889
    My interest may wane slightly...until I get another new pet or a battle stone to upgrade one that I'd like to mess with in pet battles. Then my excitement grows a bit more.

    Also, progression kills keep me going, which I've been fortunate enough to find a guild that can keep me supplied enough to my liking. A 25-man guild, no less.

    As for you, my friend Jaylock...seriously. Why, with the massive and constant barrage of WoW-hating dribble that you spewed on the forums day in and day out for the entirety of Cataclysm, did you get the hair-brained, nonsensical notion that you would suddenly and miraculously begin to rekindle your love affair with the events that transpire once you surpass the log-in screen? No. Really. What?

    Just...stay gone. Please. Just stop this, already. On top of the fact that all you've done is just piss everyone around you off and get put back on their MMO-Champion ignore lists (yet again), you look like the world's largest fool ever. Go find a new game and hate on that. Can you do us all that tiny little favor? Please?

    No, I'm guessing not. That would actually make sense.

  15. #235
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its not that they arent "the same," its that they are the same boss. "Hai i kild stone boses wit moar health and 1 other ability!" Its the same boss with more health and a new trick. Its not a totally seperate encounter, which is what the TBC bosses offered. Once you killed it, you were triumphant over that boss FOREVER. You never had to see it again with a new trick up its sleeve.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider. Why is it new content just because the model is different? It doesn't matter what something looks like if it isn't the same exact thing it is different and new content. You could have six bosses all with the same or previously used models and its new content. Why? Because they all do something different. People want the new trick, people want the greater challenge.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    When did I say that it was plenty of PvE content solely because of three difficulties?

    It's plenty of PvE content because you have three well-tuned raid encounters (16 bosses) as well as two world bosses, challenge modes and a whole list of scenarios.

    Most people who complain about the lack of PvE content haven't even cleared MSV normal. They just finish the tier on LFR and act like they have run out of things to do - which seems ridiculous to me because you can finish LFR naked and afk.
    You asked to see someones Heroic clear suggesting that there is more PvE content available if they hadnt cleared it.

    If someone considers LFR the end of the raid content then thats up to them. They could take the opinion that they have seen the raid and doing it again isnt that appealing - Dont blame players for Blizzard's policy of allowing content to be afked through and then wonder why they ask for more.

  17. #237
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Like I said, not everyone considers heroic raids extra content. You cant blame people for not wanting to do the same raid 3 times.
    If you don't consider heroic raids to be new content then you can't consider a raid to be new content. If the fight is different it is different content, plain and simple. If you hold the logic that Heroic content is new then you have to judge everything based on LFR because it is the easiest and most open difficulty of raiding. But normal is still the standard.

    It is faulty logic no matter how you look at it. Content is content regardless of what the art department makes it look like.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 07:40 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Fair enough, however please dont suggest that the same bosses 3 times makes plenty of PvE content. Its nothing to do with "spell effects" its to do with the level people play at. Many people play the game on normal cos thats their standard of gaming and then they are done with it and to me, thats also fair enough.
    It is 3 times the amount of PvE content then if there was only one difficulty. Anyone way you cut it you are getting more PvE content then you normal would have. 1+1+1=3. 1+0+0=1. 3>1.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    You asked to see someones Heroic clear suggesting that there is more PvE content available if they hadnt cleared it.

    If someone considers LFR the end of the raid content then thats up to them. They could take the opinion that they have seen the raid and doing it again isnt that appealing - Dont blame players for Blizzard's policy of allowing content to be afked through and then wonder why they ask for more.
    Well... heroic is more PvE content. I fully understand not wanting to clear the rest of the PvE content but you can't honestly tell me that it 'doesn't count' as content because you don't want to/unable to do it.

    If someone considers LFR the end of the raid content then I put it to you that they are retarded.

    Much the same way that if someone did one pet battle and then told me they had run out of pet battle content to do I would be somewhat skeptical.

  19. #239
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,990
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you don't consider heroic raids to be new content then you can't consider a raid to be new content. If the fight is different it is different content, plain and simple. If you hold the logic that Heroic content is new then you have to judge everything based on LFR because it is the easiest and most open difficulty of raiding. But normal is still the standard.

    It is faulty logic no matter how you look at it. Content is content regardless of what the art department makes it look like.
    I disagree (partially).
    If you are a player that plays for the story and lore, something like HM won't be new/extra content to you.
    On the other side a lore-player has more than enough stuff to do besides raiding, so he shouldn't be complaining about content.

    I agree that Normal-raids are the standard though.

  20. #240
    Yes it's dwindling, what else is new?
    [

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •