Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Scarab Lord Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    4,424
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    The reason you don't see much activity as much as you did in Cataclysm is because....MoP is not an alt friendly expansion.

    Cataclysm was by far the most alt friendly of all expansions as you did not need to do 5 LFRs and 13 Heroic Dungeons on every single character in order to cap out on your Valor Points every week as well as 45 Daily quests a day in order to get all the experience you needed for gear and rep. Cataclysm was 2 LFRs and 4 Dungeons and you were done on that toon unless you raided.
    You're still done as soon as you think you are unless you raid. Why would you need gear and VP if you don't raid? To clean the 5mans that are soloable or to daily faster?

    Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

  2. #42
    In a word: yes. Enthusiasm has dipped in the last few years. Most people who are interested in mmos have tried WoW and outside of a few new minigames and time sinks the gameplay itself really hasn't evolved in 8 years. This isn't bad though since inspite of that it's by far the most popular mmo out there still.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Actually, i have seen that in TBC. My guild leader quitted because he hated TBC raids and whole Outland.
    Hated Outlands? It's the only expansion continent Blizzard has made that had diverse and interesting terrains. Sure geographically it made no sense but when has it ever in WoW?

    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    And also many players from our Vanilla group left because they found TBC raids boring.
    It takes some serious balls from a Vanilla raider to call TBC raiding boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

  3. #43
    Pandaren Monk Slummish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,780
    Proudmoore is always full. From server up to server down, I haven't logged in in years where the status has read anything but full...

  4. #44
    Yeah wow is dead, not sure what killed it this time, I'll go with dailies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Hated Outlands? It's the only expansion continent Blizzard has made that had diverse and interesting terrains. Sure geographically it made no sense but when has it ever in WoW?
    If the best thing you have to say about Outland is that it had nice mountains there might be something to his argument.
    I play same account and char and main since 2005, and I too quit during most of TBC, pretty boring expac with aliens and stuff, but that's just one opinion, just like yours only counts for one.
    Last edited by Eskobar; 2013-01-07 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

  5. #45
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Hated Outlands? It's the only expansion continent Blizzard has made that had diverse and interesting terrains. Sure geographically it made no sense but when has it ever in WoW?
    Two words: Hellfire Peninsula. Please, tell me how that was interesting! (Hint: It wasn't!)


    Also, @Jaylock, TBC was simply the expansion of shiny gear. We went from the drab gear that was Vanilla to all the sparkles in TBC. We now just get a mixture of drab, sparkly and actually good looking stuff.

    Sometimes updated...

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord Zka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    hungary
    Posts
    4,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This game was never about having alts, it was about having 1, MAYBE 2 characters and sticking with them to the bitter end.
    That's just your opinion made up to support your nonsense arguments.

    Retired raider coming back for WoD.
    WoD BETA CLUB

  7. #47
    Legendary! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    6,049
    For you? Maybe. On a whole? Maybe. For me? No. That's all that matters to me. I'm having trouble with relaxing and playing atm, but my interest in the game is the same.

    This game will always have plenty of enthusiastic fans, so I'm not worried.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They sure do love that TBC transmog gear! Most players I see in game are all sporting TBC epic looks, hell, even the 5 man normal / heroic dungeons had sweet looking graphics. Now all you see is generic graphics on all the gear in normal / heroic dungeons. Its like they dont even try to be creative anymore in their "casual" group content.
    Yeah, gear farming for transmogrification and TBC when it started are two same things...
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    there are three kinds of people in life. people who make things happens, people who want to make things happen but don't do anything about it, and people that wonder what the fuck just happened.

    make the most out of what you are given, and know, afterall, it is WoW, the best game ever. so just suck it up and enjoy the shit out of it. or go play guild wars 2 and suck at life
    Hey there buddy, your crazy is showing.

  10. #50
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Content is now less varied, and comes out slower than before, and they call major content patches (5.1) content. Not much content there if you ask me.
    Content is hardly slower then before. You must not have been around when patches would introduce no new content. 5.1 was a major content patch because it added a large amount of content. Just because it is a daily hub doesn't stop it from being content. And your friends frankly at silly. Every game is a hamster wheel. Every game keeps giving you something so you keep playing it. WoW, Aion, Rift, ToR, EvE, etc they all offer you the same stuff in a new package. That is if you want to boil it down to the most primal level, as the package is what makes the stuff different.

    The population always spikes during an expansion release and evens out, so server status really isn't an indicator of anything. Enthusiasm isn't dwindling people just stop playing and to justify their previous investment must look for a way to insult the game they stopped playing. Instead of you know being an adult about it and simply stop playing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Hated Outlands? It's the only expansion continent Blizzard has made that had diverse and interesting terrains. Sure geographically it made no sense but when has it ever in WoW?
    I like Outland and i think the same thing. I also didn't know why they hated it, but they said that Outland is stupid and that it don't belong to WoW.

    [/QUOTE]It takes some serious balls from a Vanilla raider to call TBC raiding boring.[/QUOTE]

    Again, that isn't my opinion. I loved TBC raids (aside from Hyjal Summit), but many players quitted because they hated them. We had real problems at the end of BT patch, half of our guild was forever gone.
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  12. #52
    Dreadlord teebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Towson, MD
    Posts
    910
    I would love to feel the anticipation I felt when the Sunwell patch came out. Even half of my anticipation for the Ulduar patch.Every patch before Icecrown was so much excitement. I still get excited over expansions but the last time I was wanting to dive into a patch was the ICC one
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

    Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    there is "nothing else to do to keep them busy."
    There's still tons of things to do: Raids, heroics, BGs, arenas, leveling professions & acquiring recipes, achievements, reputations, gather mounts and pets, create an alt to see the game with another perspective, etc...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    the game is a hamster wheelhouse. In other words, they say that Blizzard keeps churning out content that is the "same as before."
    Isn't that a good thing? If devs keep adding content and features (even old dungeons no more ran that were really cool) it means there's still players. It's done to keep them busy by having constant challenge. I disagree on the content being less varied and coming out slower. In my point of view, it comes even faster than before. 2 months after the expantion release, we already had 3 raid dungeons and we'll soon get a 4th. I don't remember getting so much content that fast.

    Of course most people left the game. It has 8 years now and the first players should be 24-30, they now have a great job, girlfriend/wife and maybe kids. There isn't much time left to play so they decide to leave.
    @Twinsting Nether EU
    Sokatsui - Mage (Fire / Frost), Retsuhana - Priest (Holy / Shadow), Kurohitsugî - Warlock (Destruction / Demonology)
    Huntard - Hunter (Marksmanship / Beastmaster), Goshintai - Paladin (Retribution / Holy), Nihei - Warrior (Arms / Protection), Shikeishuu - Rogue (Combat)

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I almost wanted to response.... but then i noticed that it's one of the Jaylock's threads.
    But you did "response" to him by making that comment, although it's completely irrelevant to this thread.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    From my own personal experiences, it seems like many people I know who play WoW, or have played WoW just say the game is a hamster wheelhouse. In other words, they say that Blizzard keeps churning out content that is the "same as before." Also it seems like the people in the guild only raid because there is "nothing else to do to keep them busy."

    Nothing else to do to keep them busy? Yet this expansion has arguably more to do than any other expansion start with the exception of TBC. People call it burn out.

    Content is now less varied, and comes out slower than before, and they call major content patches (5.1) content. Not much content there if you ask me.

    Also another piece of evidence: Have you seen the server status lately when looking at sever lists? Most of the full servers are now medium to high, all the high servers are now low or medium, and medium servers are now low to non existant pops at peak times.

    Whats the deal? Is enthusiasm for the game in general just dwindling?
    Obviously people you know who play WoW = The whole WoW playerbase. Thanks for being our spokesman because obviously all our enthusiasm is waning.

  16. #56
    The Lightbringer Agoonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    3,170
    My enthusiasm has dwindled a little, but I still love it. Pandaria is my favorite continent in the game.

  17. #57

  18. #58
    The content for wow used to be developed out of the passion that the dev's had for the game and their additions / expansions to the game reflected that. Now time's have changed, there is a status quo to meet and so the development has become formulaic. The dev's are simply going through the motions , plotting out changes or additions to the game based on statistics , graphs, and public outcry instead of what would genuinely make a better gaming experience. Hence why this game is 90% dailies and waiting in a que for loot to be handed to you.

    For me, that is a shallow gaming experience that I wont bother wasting time on.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Two words: Hellfire Peninsula. Please, tell me how that was interesting! (Hint: It wasn't!)
    So an entire continent of varied snow (Northrend) and an entire continent of varied forests (Pandaria) are more interesting than 6 distinctly different themed areas?

    Do you also think eating glue for dessert is yummy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Again, that isn't my opinion. I loved TBC raids (aside from Hyjal Summit), but many players quitted because they hated them. We had real problems at the end of BT patch, half of our guild was forever gone.
    I apologize. I though your post was all your personal opinion, my mistake. But my opinion of your guildies statements hasn't changed.
    Last edited by Fagatronics; 2013-01-07 at 07:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

  20. #60
    I have been playing since the game started. I played hardcore for vanilla and BC. My first "quit" came near the end of BC then I rejoined for wotlk and quit again in 6 months. Came back for Cata quit in about 4 months. Came back for Panda and feel the urge to quit again. It is generally a very very boring game and this is understandable after being great for so long. Habit and online pals keeps most people playing not the content.

    Ni No Kuni is coming out soon and Path of Exile so I just don't see wanting to play WoW at all after those come out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •