Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    If a game developer is willing to sacrifice the integrity of the game in order to , on some level, become more appealing as a means to increase profits...then it becomes fairly obvious they are not developing the game out of passion.

If you really need me to provide multiple examples of this in wow then I will, despite how obvious those things should be.
    They are in it to make money. Every game company is in it to make money or they can no longer make games. Having fun is secondary.

I'd like to see one company that isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    How do you know that
    A) they were passionate in the first place?
    B) not passionate now?

Blizzard is just another company.

And if Blizzard ruined WOW the last few years, why haven't the tons of WOW clones that were based off of the older WOW not taken off?
    He doesn't like the current stuff, isn't that proof enough that they aren't passionate? /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think people have become dilusioned that fun in the game means making tons of characters and maxing professions and all the other bull crap the goes with having tons of alts (something of which WoTLK and Cata trained players to think thats what there is to do because of the lack of content, and ease of leveling)
    Fun in a game is whatever the user wants it to be.
    If he loved creating 5 alts and leveling them and their professions to max level, than it's fun to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Maybe Sholozar Basin didn't have snow? That's all I can think of from Wrath. I dont even know how this can be an arguement. Saying Northrend wasn't completely covered in snow seems more ignorant to me.
    Borean Tundra had scattered pockets of snow, but not very much overall.
    Most of Howling Fjord had no snow.
    Only a single small mountain/large hill in Grizzly Hills had snow.
    Only the upper half of Zul'drak had any snow.
    Sholazar had essentially no snow at all, other than that one spot where Icecrown's wall collapsed into it.
    Dragonblight, Icecrown, Wintergrasp, and Storm Peaks were almost entirely covered in snow.

That's four out of nine zones covered in snow, with all but one of the rest having only small amounts of it.

EDIT: Apparently Crystalsong Forest is quite forgettable. I believe around half of that zone is covered in snow as well.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2013-01-07 at 08:26 PM.

They are in it to make money. Every game company is in it to make money or they can no longer make games. Having fun is secondary.

Some people make a living doing what they love.

Some people make a living doing business.

I won't bother listing off the names of game developers that stand in direct contrast to the ignorance I just quoted because there are too many to list without this post just looking like a brick wall.
    Last edited by Lomak; 2013-01-07 at 08:26 PM.

Valve.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I almost wanted to response.... but then i noticed that it's one of the Jaylock's threads.
    yep excactly this signed with all 10chars....

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Borean Tundra had scattered pockets of snow, but not very much overall.
    Most of Howling Fjord had no snow.
    Only a single small mountain/large hill in Grizzly Hills had snow.
    Only the upper half of Zul'drak had any snow.
    Sholazar had essentially no snow at all, other than that one spot where Icecrown's wall collapsed into it.
    Dragonblight, Icecrown, Wintergrasp, and Storm Peaks were almost entirely covered in snow.

That's four out of nine zones covered in snow, with all but one of the rest having only small amounts of it.
    But they all had Snow. Its a northern continent hence: Snow. More than half the continent has snow, but even so, I like some of the varied snow zones.

Still.. TBC has the most varied landscapes of any WoW expansion. Plus to those arguing that "herpa derp outland doesnt even flow well or make sense zone wise": Its a frickin shattered world that was almost destroyed. It was a bunch of land blown up and rigged back together by energies of the twisting nether.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yep excactly this signed with all 10chars....
    Im glad ppl are still getting away with the: "oh another jaylock thread" bull crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Valve.
    That joke made my day....

But they all had Snow. Its a northern continent hence: Snow. More than half the continent has snow, but even so, I like some of the varied snow zones.
    I think saying around half the continent was covered in snow is fairly accurate. Saying the entire continent was covered in it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    That joke made my day....
    Perhaps you would be willing to share this "joke" with the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Valve.

/10char
    Frankly, I don't believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Frankly, I don't believe it.
    You know how many great deals Valve gives via steam? Some great games for cheap.

You know how many great deals Valve gives via steam? Some great games for cheap.
    Because that's smart move business wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrate View Post
    Overall, of course it is. The game isn't dying, but the population has certainly decreased. It would be ridiculous to say otherwise.
    It really hasn't though. It's been relatively the same for several years, of course with the occasional rise and falls around patches and expansions...but the median has stayed right around 10 million+ like always.

WoW is in no danger of going anywhere.

The game's quality has been steadily decreasing ever since WOTLK. There may be more things to do, but the quality of those things is very sub-par. Daily's have now become "content" instead of a way to make money and get rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I think saying around half the continent was covered in snow is fairly accurate. Saying the entire continent was covered in it isn't.
    I still disagree. I know from the zoom out of Northrend's map it looks like it's only half covered with snow but if you actually fly through or even checkout the screenshots on wowhead, there is more than the map indicates. Still this has gotten further away from my point.

Even if just half the continent is covered in snow that's still far less creative than Tbc's area design. Covering 50% of your terrain with white is not interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

There's no heart in it anymore. The older players can definitely feel it . In vanilla and BC Blizz seemed to work hard at fixing bugs , balancing classes or trying to , and in general making the game BETTER.they CARED about the product they were making . That isn't the case OR goal these days . it's all about the sub numbers now , the dev's don't give one rats ass what the players ACTUALLY think . They proved that with the forum fiasco years ago AND with some of the current snark some of the blues are posting with . There are bugs in the game I've noticed that has YET to be addressed that have been persistent for YEARS.
    And while I give the art team their just dues....the artwork for MOP is excellent for they type of game it is . The character progression , raid progression , instancing is all fked up . There is no longevity to the game anymore EXCEPT while questing and dailies for rep :however THAT isn't the type of longevity I'm referring to. At the heart of it is the community or lack there of . There is only TWO FIXS to the problems because of all the modifications done to the "static" Azeroth and those will never happen due to tech issues.It's a simple thing really . You take away what made the game great (mmo part of the rpg) ...you don't have much of a damn game left regardless of how pretty and chalked full of time wasters there are. I know I don't really care anymore 7yrs I've played ,7 yrs of an active account and 1 almost fully missed expansion. For what.. so some silly 12 yr old can cuss behind his moms back in a BG and tell me how awful I play the game while he stealths in a corner , or while some bot flys by me and snatches up my node of ore only to resell the shit to me because I CAN"T farm it because of the gold farmers , or to have some GM DEMAND I use some dumbass add on that probably isn't accurate anyway so they can JUDGE how I play a game .
    The game to become vibrant again would have to have full regional sever mergers which techies say is impossible and personal accountability would have to become ALL the rage again ..in other words dumbasses that would black listed would be again. Just like farting in public in a small town ...do it often enough and people know to stand up wind of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Maybe Sholozar Basin didn't have snow? That's all I can think of from Wrath. I dont even know how this can be an arguement. Saying Northrend wasn't completely covered in snow seems more ignorant to me.
    Borean tundra was 60% no snow. Sholazaar basin was 0% snow. Grizzly Hills was 5% snow. Howling Fjord was 20% snow. Only Sholazaar peaks, Icrecrown Glacier, and Dragonblight were zones that were 100% or near 100% snow. You can call me ignorant all you want but the facts prove that I am not. If you don't believe go log into the game and fly around Northrend and see that it isn't all snow covered zones. They all have distinct themes. Even the "snow covered" zones have distinct themes to them. Using snow covered is like using "dirt covered" to explain Outlands because every zone has dirt or grass and is there fore the same. It is a silly claim and based on ignorance of the actual zones.

Outlands had trees, and more trees. It also had lots and lots of dirt and grass. You are boiling everything down to one word while praising something else for its visual look. You aren't comparing the different expansions equally because you are biased and trying to prove a flawed point. If you boil down everything else to snow or trees then you have to do the same with outlands. Which is just more dirt, mountains, and trees.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Not sure what to say about OP. MoP has delivered much better content in both quality and quantity than previous xpac imo for now. Only Cata's launch content can rival it but MoP has so much more things to do than in Cata,BC,WotLK.