Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Fluffy Kitten Rivin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    13,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its just your biased opinion that hellfire is a bad zone. I quite enjoy leveling through the zone, as it is lore intensive. Its a nicely designed zone too. Its got that stark reddish landscape that really makes it feel alien and near to space. The sky looks amazing there too.

    Blades edge isnt a bad zone either. It is varied and each little pocket is a new area with different and interesting quests. I admit, it was a pain to level through it during TBC when you didnt have flying until 70, but now that you can fly at 60, it makes the zone super fun. Try leveling there next time you are level 65ish, its not bad at all.
    Well, personally, I find Hellfire's color scheme to be very hard on the eyes. I'm not sure I could pinpoint exactly why, but it's hard to look at for very long. (It was also pretty rough on my computer back in BC. For whatever reason, it had trouble rendering large amounts of red, and oh boy does Hellfire have large amounts of red.)

    I did enjoy questing in Blade's Edge (I made sure to go there after Nagrand on each character in BC), but it's a very bleak landscape. :/

  2. #122
    You couldn't be more wrong. Team Fortress 2, a FTP Valve game, has updates adding new content at a fairly regular pace. They even made a level editor for Portal 2
    .

    You don't even understand what he said. He talked about MMORPG. TFT2 doesn't need to change its gameplay to keep its playerbase.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    V

    Now look at wow. The developers would , at the drop of a hat, completely change something (regardless of how it works gameplay wise) if it meant pleasing people and increasing profit margins.

    .
    That is such bullshit, anytime WOW has changed due to pleasing majorities it has been done with reluctance and as a last resort. You are biased and naive if you think Valve doesn't make alterations to their projects based on both what they find fun and what will be appealing to their audience.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:10 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    .

    You don't even understand what he said. He talked about MMORPG. TFT2 doesn't need to change its gameplay to keep its playerbase.
    They do already, with making the game free to play and based on selling cosmetic items like hats and by creating more easily accessed game types and instant action auto organized matches as well as another of things people in the TF2 community call "dumbing down".
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Oh, how about every single boss encounter they have created in the past few years for starters.

    Here you have a group of people who probably spend the majority of time at blizz HQ developing, testing, and polishing fights specifically to be a challenge to a specific tier / gear set for that period of fleeting time in the games life.

    It could be the most beautifully designed boss fight ever created in a game ever, in the HISTORY of foreverness that would forever be unmatched. The kind of boss you kill the first time and waves of euphoria wash over you because it was so fucking well tuned that before this moment your group has only managed to get him down to the last remaining %'s of his health before everyone just ran out of fuel and got wiped.

    All that would be pushed aside the next week because blizzard has graph's and pie chart's that show only xx% of people have seen xx% encounter and only xx% of people have beaten it.

    So take all that hard work, all that good polish, all that good GAMEPLAY, (all that integrity) and flush it down the shitter...because we need at least yy% of people to beat this boss before we meet our arbitrary quota.

    Blizzard has been balancing this game like a forumla, with graph's and chart's and how many people beat what, instead of balancing the game on the merits of what is capable with the mechanics

    Should I continue?
    For you making the game more accessible=bad. For many people it's not. You opinion is not fact. ICC on normal was ridiculuosly easy with 10%+ buff yet people still remember H LK to be one of the best encounter Blizzard ever created. This proved that letting more people raiding doesn't really take anything away from how epic a boss could be.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-01-07 at 09:13 PM.

  5. #125
    The game has been out for 8 years and IMO shaped the world of gaming into that of today. Play anything for that long and your gonna get bored or lose interest that's just life. I think some players won't accept that they are fed up and instead take it out on blizzard hence all the whining on the threads that we have become all too familiar with.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Sweet, a Jaylock thread with Shadee in it - a fantastic duo!
    I bet that they're in fact same person.
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  7. #127
    Dailies killed my enjoyment of the game.

    I dont like how Blizzard is trying to sheep us all into such a bland system.

  8. #128
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    .

    You don't even understand what he said. He talked about MMORPG. TFT2 doesn't need to change its gameplay to keep its playerbase.
    Uhm, yes it does? For TF2 to be successful, just like WoW, they have to provide content updates regularly (probably just as regular as WoW). With these content updates comes new weapons, game-modes as well as whole new concepts (Mann vs Machine). Sure it's not exactly like how an MMO has to go about doing it, but they do the same exact thing; update --> new content --> happy players.

    If you're interested in how regularly Valve provides updates, here's a link: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Patches

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post

    You couldn't be more wrong. Team Fortress 2, a FTP Valve game, has updates adding new content at a fairly regular pace. They even made a level editor for Portal 2.
    Yes, and I play TF2, but, they have a store just as Blizzard does, where you can buy hats!!!! That is not evil at all, but WoW selling mounts that is completely evil. Also, it is a completely different type of game. They don't have to keep people playing to make more money, except through the hats and such.

  10. #130
    For the people saying that their servers are as packed as ever(Mal'Ganis,Illidan), that's because a lot of the servers ar dying out so the people that are left there who still want to play transfer to super high pop servers. They need to start looking towards servers mergers, maybe then so many people wouldn't be leaving. Too bad blizzard rather get that $25 server xfer fee now and work at keeping up appearances, instead of focusing on the long term.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    For you making the game more accessible=bad. For many people it's not. You opinion is not fact. ICC on normal was ridiculuosly easy with 10%+ buff yet people still remember H LK to be one of the best encounter Blizzard ever created. This proved that letting more people raiding doesn't really take anything away from how epic a boss could be.

    Using the buzz word , accessible, as some kind of excuse for deliberately making shallow game play. Spoken with all the objectivity of a truly brand loyal customer.

    I want you to try and tell me with your own words why you think game play and depth needs to be sacrificed in order for a game to be "more accessible" since that seems to be what you believe.

  12. #132
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Constantinople
    Posts
    1,000
    Can't wait for the next set of shiny new-MMO's to come out, and fizzle. Wow may not be as good as it once was, its still probably the best overall mmo out there, and expectations have changed.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

  13. #133
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Yes, and I play TF2, but, they have a store just as Blizzard does, where you can buy hats!!!! That is not evil at all, but WoW selling mounts that is completely evil. Also, it is a completely different type of game. They don't have to keep people playing to make more money, except through the hats and such.
    Hats that can be found without buying them. In fact, mostly EVERYTHING on the store can be found by simply playing the game. So where exactly does that celestial horse drop?

  14. #134
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Constantinople
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Dailies killed my enjoyment of the game.

    I dont like how Blizzard is trying to sheep us all into such a bland system.

    No one forced you to do dailies. If your guild requires it, it is still up to you. Don't pretend to be hardcore and complain about what is required.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Using the buzz word , accessible, as some kind of excuse for deliberately making shallow game play. Spoken with all the objectivity of a truly brand loyal customer.

    I want you to try and tell me with your own words why you think game play and depth needs to be sacrificed in order for a game to be "more accessible" since that seems to be what you believe.
    The game has more depth now that it had in its old day with Heroic mode. The game is just as hard if not harder than before at it high end. All the depth are still there. They just made the entry barrier not as high as before. What gameplay depth that you talked about anyway?

  16. #136
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    @UnifiedDivide: Look at your server population and then look at the server list during peak hours and tell me that they are not lower than before. WAY lower. Also, ive see several people in game just talk about how stale its getting and how loggin in to raid is just a burden now. You never saw that during TBC.
    Because all the people back then were generally raiders of some sort, and most raiding guilds raided 16 hours a week, with another 5-6 hours required farming up the materials to prepare for those 16 hour weeks. It was no more artificial than dailies are now. The only difference is maybe a 4th of the playerbase still raids at the standard they did in TBC. Doesn't help that you can't carry players who can't pull their own weight anymore like you could in TBC, those are the players I've seen quit the most. The ones not good enough to get into the guilds that still raid 16+ hours a week, but they're still good enough to not get stuck with the extremely casual 4-5 hours a week guilds, so they quit.

    The 8-12 hour guild is just too hard to find anymore, because people either want to play casually (4-6) or hardcore (16+). The difference before you could be not-as-good and still get into a 16+ hour guild.

  17. #137
    Brewmaster Chry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    No one forced you to do dailies. If your guild requires it, it is still up to you. Don't pretend to be hardcore and complain about what is required.
    When requisites change so drastically over a single expansion I don't see a reason not to complain.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Using the buzz word , accessible, as some kind of excuse for deliberately making shallow game play. Spoken with all the objectivity of a truly brand loyal customer.

    I want you to try and tell me with your own words why you think game play and depth needs to be sacrificed in order for a game to be "more accessible" since that seems to be what you believe.
    I agree with everything you have said in this thread.

    I just think that blizz has caved (some people call it catering) to the vocal minority claiming "oh hey herpa derp, we pay $15 a month like the hardcores, we should see all the content too!!!", caved for the sake of making $$$ rather than making compelling gameplay.

    I can imagine a typical Blizzard meeting:

    Lead Developer: "what should we work on for this next tier?"

    Developer A: "Well a vocal minority on our forums and the mmo-c forums want to get all the phat lewts that we have created for 25 player content"

    Developer B: "I have an idea! Lets only do 1 raid every tier, combine 10 and 25 man to that 1 raid, make it drop the same gear, and make the boss fights slightly harder for a hard mode version"

    Lead Developer: "Developer B! You are a genius! it allows us to do less work developing content, and gives the casuals free loot as well"

    Lead Developer: "Great job everybody, you all can work from home for the next 2 months, just have something on my desk 2 months from now and we will push it to the PTR"

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I agree with everything you have said in this thread.

    I just think that blizz has caved (some people call it catering) to the vocal minority claiming "oh hey herpa derp, we pay $15 a month like the hardcores, we should see all the content too!!!", caved for the sake of making $$$ rather than making compelling gameplay.

    I can imagine a typical Blizzard meeting:

    Lead Developer: "what should we work on for this next tier?"

    Developer A: "Well a vocal minority on our forums and the mmo-c forums want to get all the phat lewts that we have created for 25 player content"

    Developer B: "I have an idea! Lets only do 1 raid every tier, combine 10 and 25 man to that 1 raid, make it drop the same gear, and make the boss fights slightly harder for a hard mode version"

    Lead Developer: "Developer B! You are a genius! it allows us to do less work developing content, and gives the casuals free loot as well"

    Lead Developer: "Great job everybody, you all can work from home for the next 2 months, just have something on my desk 2 months from now and we will push it to the PTR"
    yes, trying to make both mode equally difficult is less work. lol

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    yes, trying to make both mode equally difficult is less work. lol
    Um.. because they're not equally difficult?

    10 man is much easier than 25.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •