Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Well, personally, I find Hellfire's color scheme to be very hard on the eyes. I'm not sure I could pinpoint exactly why, but it's hard to look at for very long. (It was also pretty rough on my computer back in BC. For whatever reason, it had trouble rendering large amounts of red, and oh boy does Hellfire have large amounts of red.)

    I did enjoy questing in Blade's Edge (I made sure to go there after Nagrand on each character in BC), but it's a very bleak landscape. :/
    I love bleak landscapes

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Yup, most of the long term players have left.
    I know that alot of friends I played with stopped playing because recruiting was getting harder. We weren't a top 10 guild but a top 200 guild isn't bad for 3 days a week. It seems as blizzard dumbs down content adding more bosses instead of making difficult bosses the player's are becoming worse and worse. They add more bosses that are easy to make content look difficult when most of the heroic bosses are a 1-2 shot for progression raiding guilds.

    That is just my opinion but we had a mage with all kinds of gear from another guild that didnt know expertise gave him spell hit. He didn't know about breakpoints in stats and was actually mad talking crap in trade because he wasn't invited to the guild. This happens quite a bit but we are changing servers so I think that will help quite a bit.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Um.. because they're not equally difficult?

    10 man is much easier than 25.
    Some encounters are harder on 10 man and That's why it's hard to do? They are trying to do it but they haven't achieved it yet and may never will. How is that less work?

  4. #144
    Mechagnome Kuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    581
    I'm sorry, but i'm going to have to disagree with you, how can you say:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Content is now less varied, and comes out slower than before, and they call major content patches (5.1) content. Not much content there if you ask me.
    When never before in the history of World of Warcraft have we had so much to do. Never before has content come out this fast. 5.1 was NOT a major content patch, it was a minor one, 5.2 will be the first major, releasing a new raid the size of which has not been seen since Wrath, New Scenarios, Warlock Quest chain (Not all will experience this, but for us Warlocks its a good'un!, 2 new world bosses, extension to the Legendary questline + more that i'm forgetting. Mists of Pandaria has taken a giant dump on what Blizzards plans for Catacylsm were. (Fast, regular content) Heck, 4.1 only gave us two new heroics that raiders didn't even need gear from. What did 5.1 give us? A new dalies faction with a brilliant quest line running through it, Brawlers Guild and a few new scenarios as well. Ok, it's not exactly a tier raid but don't forget it was announced after MoP has only been out 1 month. That's the fastest content we've ever seen in the games history.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    yes, trying to make both mode equally difficult is less work. lol

    Blizzard doesn't work under that though. They don't have to bother being as meticulous with planning bosses and encounters anymore because they work under this caveat of "well if not enough people beat it we're just going to nerf it anyways". They are not worrying about spending all that energy creating a good encounter that will really test the limits of what is capable within the games defined parameters.

    Here's one more point for you.

    People LOOOOOOVE to throw this "accessibility" term around so much, well heres my 2 cents on the subject.

    The game play of a game determines how much I enjoyed it. I don't measure how much % of content I've seen from all the game's I've played as some measuring stick to how good it was.

    So yea, I may play a game and see and do everything it had to offer......but everything it had to offer was shit.

    Juxtaposed against a game that maybe I didn't beat, maybe I didn't even see HALF of what it had to offer, yet I loved every fucking second of it.

    So yea, this "accessibility" ignorant buzzword nonsense should of been ignored for the stupid argument that it is. Instead it seems to be defining blizzard's development philosophy and their games are showing the effects of it.

  6. #146
    Omfg do we really need threads like this every frickin hour?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

  7. #147
    Stood in the Fire gurv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Darkspear stronghold
    Posts
    440
    There's a full list of low pops server. That sure wasn't the case during Wrath.
    I would be hard pressed though to tell wether or not it's worth than Cata just by looking at the realm list.

    Interestingly enough almost all low pops eu server are PVP ones.
    But, but, I thought world PVP was really popular?!

  8. #148
    Depending on how long you've been playing, I think the biggest contributing factor in continuing to play the game comes with having a close friend or close network of friends that will still play the game with you on a regular basis.

    I've seen people become bored and walk away only to be lured back by friends looking to rekindle the fun that comes with PVPing together, unlocking content in raids or simply shooting the shit in guild chat or Skype.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    For you making the game more accessible=bad. For many people it's not. You opinion is not fact. ICC on normal was ridiculuosly easy with 10%+ buff yet people still remember H LK to be one of the best encounter Blizzard ever created. This proved that letting more people raiding doesn't really take anything away from how epic a boss could be.
    I think this tier was affected though, I have been raiding for 6 years and our guild has never walked through heroic content like this. 1-2 shotting heroic bosses because they are so tuned down for the depleted player base. I think all heroic bosses should scale and be really hard then let the nerf's compensate for the other player's wanting to clear heroic content. My Signature says a lot imo. People used to be ok with not being able to clear content because it was difficult, they accepted their limitations and tried to get better. Now instead of getting better they are bad and just wait for the nerfs.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    Mal'Ganis horde side is as packed as ever.
    I'm on Mal'ganis and that's not true. Still busy but not "packed". Not this weekend anyway.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Depending on how long you've been playing, I think the biggest contributing factor in continuing to play the game comes with having a close friend or close network of friends that will still play the game with you on a regular basis.

    I've seen people become bored and walk away only to be lured back by friends looking to rekindle the fun that comes with PVPing together, unlocking content in raids or simply shooting the shit in guild chat or Skype.
    1) I can "shoot the shit" in skype for free.

    2) Raids are no longer unlocked, they are available and within pissing distance

    3) You can PvP much better in an FPS like Call of Duty.
    Lewor responds to Barkloud regarding travel time, and we get this glorious quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And where did these magical percentages come from? I didn't realise someone's ass also doubled as a calculator.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Some encounters are harder on 10 man and That's why it's hard to do? They are trying to do it but they haven't achieved it yet and may never will. How is that less work?
    Encounter's aren't harder you just can't carry as many people as in 25man. If you have a solid 10man with good player's you can walk through 90% of normal and heroic content. Good player's dont mean someone who is nice and makes cupcakes for everyone and shows up every week, fyi. I see a lot of people get that confused with a good player lol.

  13. #153
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    2) Raids are no longer unlocked, they are available and within pissing distance
    You can't do terrace of the endless springs until you finish heart of fear. Raids are unlocked.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Blizzard doesn't work under that though. They don't have to bother being as meticulous with planning bosses and encounters anymore because they work under this caveat of "well if not enough people beat it we're just going to nerf it anyways". They are not worrying about spending all that energy creating a good encounter that will really test the limits of what is capable within the games defined parameters.

    Here's one more point for you.

    People LOOOOOOVE to throw this "accessibility" term around so much, well heres my 2 cents on the subject.

    The game play of a game determines how much I enjoyed it. I don't measure how much % of content I've seen from all the game's I've played as some measuring stick to how good it was.

    So yea, I may play a game and see and do everything it had to offer......but everything it had to offer was shit.

    Juxtaposed against a game that maybe I didn't beat, maybe I didn't even see HALF of what it had to offer, yet I loved every fucking second of it.

    So yea, this "accessibility" ignorant buzzword nonsense should of been ignored for the stupid argument that it is. Instead it seems to be defining blizzard's development philosophy and their games are showing the effects of it.
    Except they are not shit content?

  15. #155
    Populations shoot up to max at major patch releases, then slowly dwindle the longer the patch is out. They'll peak again at 5.2, then again at 5.3 or 4. A common misconception folks have is that an MMO's population is static, for some reason.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  16. #156
    Stood in the Fire gurv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Darkspear stronghold
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    Play the game if you enjoy it, stop if you don't. Simple really. Other people's enthusiasm for the game should have nothing to do with it.
    People can be interested in the WoW playerbase evolution and want to discuss it whether or not they're currently enjoying the game.
    I've not seen anybody except you relate it to "should I still play the game".
    So you gave an answer to a question that wasn't asked.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuel View Post
    A new dalies faction with a brilliant quest line running through it, Brawlers Guild and a few new scenarios as well.
    I would take a rehashed dungeon of that trash.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    I think this tier was affected though, I have been raiding for 6 years and our guild has never walked through heroic content like this. 1-2 shotting heroic bosses because they are so tuned down for the depleted player base. I think all heroic bosses should scale and be really hard then let the nerf's compensate for the other player's wanting to clear heroic content. My Signature says a lot imo. People used to be ok with not being able to clear content because it was difficult, they accepted their limitations and tried to get better. Now instead of getting better they are bad and just wait for the nerfs.
    Interesting how most of the world first guilds did not think that T14 heroic modes were e-z mode. Maybe you are just better than they are?

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    I think this tier was affected though, I have been raiding for 6 years and our guild has never walked through heroic content like this. 1-2 shotting heroic bosses because they are so tuned down for the depleted player base. I think all heroic bosses should scale and be really hard then let the nerf's compensate for the other player's wanting to clear heroic content. My Signature says a lot imo. People used to be ok with not being able to clear content because it was difficult, they accepted their limitations and tried to get better. Now instead of getting better they are bad and just wait for the nerfs.
    I think some undertuned bosses for 1 tier are not that bad. The overall difficulty of hard mode is still really hard

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Populations shoot up to max at major patch releases, then slowly dwindle the longer the patch is out. They'll peak again at 5.2, then again at 5.3 or 4. A common misconception folks have is that an MMO's population is static, for some reason.
    Good progression guilds come back clear content and then start gearing alt's once a week. Possibly sell runs to other's who can't clear for guild gold and then most take time off again maybe getting on once a week to gear another alt. To be honest gearing alts takes the most time because you have to have them for the next patch or tier where ranged is almost always more useful. So once a week becomes the norm and as you mentioned, sub's do not equal how many people are playing everyday.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Interesting how most of the world first guilds did not think that T14 heroic modes were e-z mode. Maybe you are just better than they are?
    Actually I guess you don't watch the live streams or the postings on the front of MMO when they cleared everything. They said almost the same thing on the front page, heroic bosses should not be a 1-2 shot especially end bosses. various interviews and articles all said the same thing. Do a search you can find them all very easily. The various bosses that were slow to be killed had bugs and once they were fixed they were killed the very next day which affected progression depending where the hot fix was implemented first, us or eu.
    Last edited by isadorr; 2013-01-07 at 09:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •