Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is basically the point I was making.

Seriously, look at Hellfire. (Yes, I know I keep going on about it :S)
    You talked about covering the land in white for Northrend. Hellfire is just covered in orange. Same texture over and over, exactly the same as the snow.

Anyway, this is kind of Off Topic, isn't it? ^^
    Its just your biased opinion that hellfire is a bad zone. I quite enjoy leveling through the zone, as it is lore intensive. Its a nicely designed zone too. Its got that stark reddish landscape that really makes it feel alien and near to space. The sky looks amazing there too.

Blades edge isnt a bad zone either. It is varied and each little pocket is a new area with different and interesting quests. I admit, it was a pain to level through it during TBC when you didnt have flying until 70, but now that you can fly at 60, it makes the zone super fun. Try leveling there next time you are level 65ish, its not bad at all.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Sweet, a Jaylock thread with Shadee in it - a fantastic duo!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Valve has never sacrificed any part of their games in order to be "more appealing". They make a game, polish it, and do a damn good job.

Now look at wow. The developers would , at the drop of a hat, completely change something (regardless of how it works gameplay wise) if it meant pleasing people and increasing profit margins.

The difference is that Valve does not sacrifice its integrity for profit.

Meanwhile every other month you got wow dev's trying to sell you a digital cat for 20 bucks. LOL integrity.
    Valve isn't making an MMO that needs to keep the customer interested month to month. Valve makes games that you play through once. They don't change the games (much) due to customer feedback because they don't need to keep your attention after the first purchase.

That is the differnce, for Valve to make money, they need to make a product people will enjoy enough to pay for once, WoW has to get people to continue paying for as long as they can. They do that by making changes that they feel the population will enjoy. It's not evil to try and keep your costumer base happy so that you will make money, it's a business.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    If you're going to post at least TRY to offer something to the thread, instead of sarcastically increasing your post count while being incredibly rude.

Anyways, when I said Valve I wasn't talking about Steam. I was talking about the fact that they make a quality, finished game. (Still waiting for that PvP, Diablo)

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Valve isn't making an MMO that needs to keep the customer interested month to month. Valve makes games that you play through once. They don't change the games (much) due to customer feedback because they don't need to keep your attention after the first purchase.

That is the differnce, for Valve to make money, they need to make a product people will enjoy enough to pay for once, WoW has to get people to continue paying for as long as they can. They do that by making changes that they feel the population will enjoy. It's not evil to try and keep your costumer base happy so that you will make money, it's a business.
    You couldn't be more wrong. Team Fortress 2, a FTP Valve game, has updates adding new content at a fairly regular pace. They even made a level editor for Portal 2.
    Last edited by Chaochamp; 2013-01-07 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    If you're going to post at least TRY to offer something to the thread, instead of sarcastically increasing your post count while being incredibly rude.

Anyways, when I said Valve I wasn't talking about Steam. I was talking about the fact that they make a quality, finished game. (Still waiting for that PvP, Diablo)
    hmm there are many companies out there that made a quality game. CS:GO isn't that good too...

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Although I really love BC's raids but imo Outland is the worst leveling world ever. I freaking hate HF.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:57 PM ----------

What Blizzard did sacrifice? Could you be more specific?
    Oh, how about every single boss encounter they have created in the past few years for starters.

Here you have a group of people who probably spend the majority of time at blizz HQ developing, testing, and polishing fights specifically to be a challenge to a specific tier / gear set for that period of fleeting time in the games life.

It could be the most beautifully designed boss fight ever created in a game ever, in the HISTORY of foreverness that would forever be unmatched. The kind of boss you kill the first time and waves of euphoria wash over you because it was so fucking well tuned that before this moment your group has only managed to get him down to the last remaining %'s of his health before everyone just ran out of fuel and got wiped.

All that would be pushed aside the next week because blizzard has graph's and pie chart's that show only xx% of people have seen xx% encounter and only xx% of people have beaten it.

So take all that hard work, all that good polish, all that good GAMEPLAY, (all that integrity) and flush it down the shitter...because we need at least yy% of people to beat this boss before we meet our arbitrary quota.

Blizzard has been balancing this game like a forumla, with graph's and chart's and how many people beat what, instead of balancing the game on the merits of what is capable with the mechanics

Should I continue?

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with you here.

Sadly when i hear the word Blizzard my mind envisions like a bad punchline from a 90s sitcom.

"Blizzard" (canned laughing) baa dump! (drum sound)

Blizzard sure dropped the ball with that Diablo PvP!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Its just your biased opinion that hellfire is a bad zone. I quite enjoy leveling through the zone, as it is lore intensive. Its a nicely designed zone too. Its got that stark reddish landscape that really makes it feel alien and near to space. The sky looks amazing there too.

Blades edge isnt a bad zone either. It is varied and each little pocket is a new area with different and interesting quests. I admit, it was a pain to level through it during TBC when you didnt have flying until 70, but now that you can fly at 60, it makes the zone super fun. Try leveling there next time you are level 65ish, its not bad at all.
    Well, personally, I find Hellfire's color scheme to be very hard on the eyes. I'm not sure I could pinpoint exactly why, but it's hard to look at for very long. (It was also pretty rough on my computer back in BC. For whatever reason, it had trouble rendering large amounts of red, and oh boy does Hellfire have large amounts of red.)

I did enjoy questing in Blade's Edge (I made sure to go there after Nagrand on each character in BC), but it's a very bleak landscape. :/

You couldn't be more wrong. Team Fortress 2, a FTP Valve game, has updates adding new content at a fairly regular pace. They even made a level editor for Portal 2

You don't even understand what he said. He talked about MMORPG. TFT2 doesn't need to change its gameplay to keep its playerbase.

V

Now look at wow. The developers would , at the drop of a hat, completely change something (regardless of how it works gameplay wise) if it meant pleasing people and increasing profit margins.

That is such bullshit, anytime WOW has changed due to pleasing majorities it has been done with reluctance and as a last resort. You are biased and naive if you think Valve doesn't make alterations to their projects based on both what they find fun and what will be appealing to their audience.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:10 PM ----------

You don't even understand what he said. He talked about MMORPG. TFT2 doesn't need to change its gameplay to keep its playerbase.
    They do already, with making the game free to play and based on selling cosmetic items like hats and by creating more easily accessed game types and instant action auto organized matches as well as another of things people in the TF2 community call "dumbing down".
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Oh, how about every single boss encounter they have created in the past few years for starters.

Here you have a group of people who probably spend the majority of time at blizz HQ developing, testing, and polishing fights specifically to be a challenge to a specific tier / gear set for that period of fleeting time in the games life.

It could be the most beautifully designed boss fight ever created in a game ever, in the HISTORY of foreverness that would forever be unmatched. The kind of boss you kill the first time and waves of euphoria wash over you because it was so fucking well tuned that before this moment your group has only managed to get him down to the last remaining %'s of his health before everyone just ran out of fuel and got wiped.

All that would be pushed aside the next week because blizzard has graph's and pie chart's that show only xx% of people have seen xx% encounter and only xx% of people have beaten it.

So take all that hard work, all that good polish, all that good GAMEPLAY, (all that integrity) and flush it down the shitter...because we need at least yy% of people to beat this boss before we meet our arbitrary quota.

Blizzard has been balancing this game like a forumla, with graph's and chart's and how many people beat what, instead of balancing the game on the merits of what is capable with the mechanics

Should I continue?
    For you making the game more accessible=bad. For many people it's not. You opinion is not fact. ICC on normal was ridiculuosly easy with 10%+ buff yet people still remember H LK to be one of the best encounter Blizzard ever created. This proved that letting more people raiding doesn't really take anything away from how epic a boss could be.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-01-07 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    The game has been out for 8 years and IMO shaped the world of gaming into that of today. Play anything for that long and your gonna get bored or lose interest that's just life. I think some players won't accept that they are fed up and instead take it out on blizzard hence all the whining on the threads that we have become all too familiar with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I bet that they're in fact same person.

Dailies killed my enjoyment of the game.

I dont like how Blizzard is trying to sheep us all into such a bland system.

Uhm, yes it does? For TF2 to be successful, just like WoW, they have to provide content updates regularly (probably just as regular as WoW). With these content updates comes new weapons, game-modes as well as whole new concepts (Mann vs Machine). Sure it's not exactly like how an MMO has to go about doing it, but they do the same exact thing; update --> new content --> happy players.

If you're interested in how regularly Valve provides updates, here's a link: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Patches

You couldn't be more wrong. Team Fortress 2, a FTP Valve game, has updates adding new content at a fairly regular pace. They even made a level editor for Portal 2.
    Yes, and I play TF2, but, they have a store just as Blizzard does, where you can buy hats!!!! That is not evil at all, but WoW selling mounts that is completely evil. Also, it is a completely different type of game. They don't have to keep people playing to make more money, except through the hats and such.

For the people saying that their servers are as packed as ever(Mal'Ganis,Illidan), that's because a lot of the servers ar dying out so the people that are left there who still want to play transfer to super high pop servers. They need to start looking towards servers mergers, maybe then so many people wouldn't be leaving. Too bad blizzard rather get that $25 server xfer fee now and work at keeping up appearances, instead of focusing on the long term.

For you making the game more accessible=bad. For many people it's not. You opinion is not fact. ICC on normal was ridiculuosly easy with 10%+ buff yet people still remember H LK to be one of the best encounter Blizzard ever created. This proved that letting more people raiding doesn't really take anything away from how epic a boss could be.

Using the buzz word , accessible, as some kind of excuse for deliberately making shallow game play. Spoken with all the objectivity of a truly brand loyal customer.

I want you to try and tell me with your own words why you think game play and depth needs to be sacrificed in order for a game to be "more accessible" since that seems to be what you believe.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for the next set of shiny new-MMO's to come out, and fizzle. Wow may not be as good as it once was, its still probably the best overall mmo out there, and expectations have changed.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighto73 View Post
    Yes, and I play TF2, but, they have a store just as Blizzard does, where you can buy hats!!!! That is not evil at all, but WoW selling mounts that is completely evil. Also, it is a completely different type of game. They don't have to keep people playing to make more money, except through the hats and such.
    Hats that can be found without buying them. In fact, mostly EVERYTHING on the store can be found by simply playing the game. So where exactly does that celestial horse drop?