Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes it's dwindling, what else is new?
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I disagree (partially).
    If you are a player that plays for the story and lore, something like HM won't be new/extra content to you.
    On the other side a lore-player has more than enough stuff to do besides raiding, so he shouldn't be complaining about content.

I agree that Normal-raids are the standard though.
    Content is content. Creating a limit upon what you want to see and experience is a limit that you yourself have imposed upon the game. It doesn't change the amount of actual content that exists in the game. Just because you refuse to do heroics for personal reasons doesn't change the fact that it is content there in the game.

It is still new content, or extra content. What if I say I don't want to do dailies, quests, rep grinds, dungeons, heroics, raids. I only want to sit in the capital city and chat in trade. Do I have a right to say the Blizzard has added no new content to the game? No I don't. Why? Because I am creating an artificial rule of what is content rather then accepting that there is plenty of content being added.

Refusing to see something as content doesn't change the fact that it is content. It just makes you blind.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-01-08 at 12:47 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I disagree (partially).
    If you are a player that plays for the story and lore, something like HM won't be new/extra content to you.
    On the other side a lore-player has more than enough stuff to do besides raiding, so he shouldn't be complaining about content.

I agree that Normal-raids are the standard though.
    As long as we can all agree that clearing LFR isn't clearing the raid tier I'll be happy.

Seriously, if you are out there complaining about a lack of PvE content because you spent last night doing LFR and have now "seen" all the raid bosses in the tier I want you to raise your hand.

Now hit yourself with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still as interested in WoW as I was when I started in BC.

Blizzard did a fabulous job with the Pandaria content, much better and more entertaining than I anticipated.
    I was one of the people who thought "OMG Beer drinking pandas, nothing good can come from this".

As long as we can all agree that clearing LFR isn't clearing the raid tier I'll be happy.
    Not even close. In LFR you get to LOOK at the raidbosses, but it's in normal & heroic where you get to FIGHT them.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-01-08 at 12:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Well... heroic is more PvE content. I fully understand not wanting to clear the rest of the PvE content but you can't honestly tell me that it 'doesn't count' as content because you don't want to/unable to do it.

If someone considers LFR the end of the raid content then I put it to you that they are retarded.

Much the same way that if someone did one pet battle and then told me they had run out of pet battle content to do I would be somewhat skeptical.
    If you cant do it, it may as well not be there. This is the whole reason 3 skill levels were introduced in the first place. Heroic content is PvE content but the reasons stated you cant simply tell people theres plenty to do just because they have not completed the same thing 3 times.

If people are happy to see content on LFR who are you to say that they are retarded? You could argue that playing with virtual pets is pretty bloody stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    If you cant do it, it may as well not be there. This is the whole reason 3 skill levels were introduced in the first place. Heroic content is PvE content but the reasons stated you cant simply tell people theres plenty to do just because they have not completed the same thing 3 times.

If people are happy to see content on LFR who are you to say that they are retarded? You could argue that playing with virtual pets is pretty bloody stupid.
    So by your logic there was no raid content in Vanilla or TBC because some people weren't able to do it?

If people are happy to see content on LFR then more power to them. If people think finishing LFR content means they have now completed the PvE content of the game and have the right to demand more then they have a screw loose.

I could argue people wasting time on a videogame when they could be developing a lifeskill is pretty bloody stupid. But I won't. Because I don't agree.

Ooh God, after Jaylock, Shadee and Quras we get muchtoohigh! God help us all :')

But you've been calling this since Cataclysm!
    1. I really don't see where the game is simple, shallow or hollow.
    2. I disagree about not having any depth to it.
    3. I really wonder why you are still so much on a WoW-forum? Isn't it clear that the direction you dislike is the one they are going to follow?
    You are honestly the most fascinating person I have ever come across on the internet. I sincerely wish I could meet you irl.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

just because they have not completed the same thing 3 times.
    Also, as specified multiple times, it is not the same thing. Much as running Shado-pan Monastery at level 87 and getting a gold time on the Shado-pan Monastery challenge mode is not the same thing.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2013-01-08 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    So by your logic there was no raid content in Vanilla or TBC because some people weren't able to do it?

If people are happy to see content on LFR then more power to them. If people think finishing LFR content means they have now completed the PvE content of the game and have the right to demand more then they have a screw loose.

I could argue people wasting time on a videogame when they could be developing a lifeskill is pretty bloody stupid. But I won't. Because I don't agree.
    Well that is the reason why they introduced 3 skill levels - so people could see the content. There was ofc a BIG difference - they were all new bosses not the same thing again with more hit points and maybe an extra trick.

The fact that you consider playing a video game as better time spent than developing a life skill is an odd thing to admit to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    From my own personal experiences, it seems like many people I know who play WoW, or have played WoW just say the game is a hamster wheelhouse. In other words, they say that Blizzard keeps churning out content that is the "same as before." Also it seems like the people in the guild only raid because there is "nothing else to do to keep them busy."

Nothing else to do to keep them busy? Yet this expansion has arguably more to do than any other expansion start with the exception of TBC. People call it burn out.

Content is now less varied, and comes out slower than before, and they call major content patches (5.1) content. Not much content there if you ask me.

Also another piece of evidence: Have you seen the server status lately when looking at sever lists? Most of the full servers are now medium to high, all the high servers are now low or medium, and medium servers are now low to non existant pops at peak times.

Whats the deal? Is enthusiasm for the game in general just dwindling?
    The game is old. Of course enthusiasm is dwindling. The very nature of the genre that is WoW is to keep the same players playing a long time, while bringing in new players at a slow but steady pace. However, with more freemium style games coming out, newer gimmicks for other games to attract players, the amount of incoming players is slowing down, and because of the mere age of WoW, the current players are starting to quit.

Yes, MoP did increase subscriber count, but doesn't every expansion do that? It's as you stated OP, its burnout. People are getting tired of WoW, it doesn't matter what Blizzard puts in the game.

But, because of that doesn't mean its a bad game. Its just old.
    Call me House.

Haha, well, people who compare TBC's Raid Content to todays always make me chuckle. So cute.
    "We had ADDS to control! All the while we had to dodge a void zone! And we had a friggin' DPS Check, can you imagine THAT? Stuff was CRAZY hard man!"

BC had some nice encounters, sure. But an assload of crappy ones to bloat the Raids, too.

I find it fascinating too, that the Players have the exercise of 6 years playing this game, and consuming the content, and then think that this magically also empowers the Dev's to work faster. Guess what, they may have streamlined their workflow ALOT since back in the day, but it still takes the same effort than before. Concept's, both Art and Game-Design, still have to be thought of , iterated, corrected and then implemented. You can't shortcut this process.

The fact that you consider playing a video game as better time spent than developing a life skill is an odd thing to admit to.
    That would be odd. If that was what I said. Which it isn't.

What I said was that I would never argue about "wasting time" in a videogame I play specifically for enjoyment in my spare time because I don't agree that that is a waste.

Now did you have a valid point to add or were you happier discussing the semantics of my sentence construction?

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Haha, well, people who compare TBC's Raid Content to todays always make me chuckle. So cute.
    "We had ADDS to control! All the while we had to dodge a void zone! And we had a friggin' DPS Check, can you imagine THAT? Stuff was CRAZY hard man!"

BC had some nice encounters, sure. But an assload of crappy ones to bloat the Raids, too.
    I don't necessarily agree with this. Sure the fights were simpler, but they were tuned well. I remember Maiden for example with the pillars and holy fire dispell as a fairly simple fight which still gave a pretty great challenge when you were learning the encounter. The same can be said for Attumen, Big Bad Wolf and a bunch of other bosses.

Which ones would you consider "crappy"?

I don't necessarily agree with this. Sure the fights were simpler, but they were tuned well. I remember Maiden for example with the pillars and holy fire dispell as a fairly simple fight which still gave a pretty great challenge when you were learning the encounter. The same can be said for Attumen, Big Bad Wolf and a bunch of other bosses.

Void Reaver
    High Astromancer Solarian
    Shade of Akama
    Rage Winterchill
    Anetheron
    Morogrim Tidewalker

All crappy.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Void Reaver
    High Astromancer Solarian
    Shade of Akama
    Rage Winterchill
    Anetheron
    Morogrim Tidewalker

All crappy.
    Objection retracted. That's a fairly solid list.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember Maiden for example with the pillars and holy fire dispell as a fairly simple fight which still gave a pretty great challenge when you were learning the encounter.
    Erm no. You need ONE person that finds his dispel button. That's it. I did the dispelling as a shadow priest.

Attumen, Big Bad Wolf
    Attumen was a joke. Even my horrible noob group, comprised of first time raiders killed him on Try 2.
    Wolf was not hard, it was annoying because you got stuck on textures and the guy walked diagonal when you ran too fast.

Hydross - lame resistance gathering. All yo had to do was get your dps to hold it's feet.
    Lurker - Yaawn Rag 2.0
    Solololarian
    "Trashlooter" (Void reaver)
    First 5 bosses of Hyjal were pretty unimaginative and boring.
    Akama's freeloot

Good bosses:
    Netherdragon in Kara
    Nightbane
    Kael'thas
    Vashj
    Most of Black temple was fun too esp. Gorefiend... remember the flash minigame for practice?

Disclaimer: I only progressed up to RoS, so I won't judge It and what comes after it incl. Sunwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    personally i cant keep playing the same WoW system. Get gear, raid, get better gear, raid, get even better gear, level up and do some heroics. Rinse repeat.
    Not saying i dont like WoW, i just cant keep doing the same thing if its not fun and i play video games for fun.

Also the pvp has gotten worse each expansion.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

It's an 8 year old game. You can only play any game so long before it gets boring, even with content updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I've pretty much quit WoW. Several years of playing just to do the same thing: Grind for gear each tier.

There's no incentive to do anything but raid or PvP. Sure there are other little things you can do like pet battles and professions but they are all just there to do between dungeons / raids / BG's / arena.

I logged on the other day and saw the same people in trade I have seen for years just trolling and thought...what's the point?

I decided I need a more sandbox kinda game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmauselol View Post
    personally i cant keep playing the same WoW system. Get gear, raid, get better gear, raid, get even better gear, level up and do some heroics. Rinse repeat.
    Not saying i dont like WoW, i just cant keep doing the same thing if its not fun and i play video games for fun.

Also the pvp has gotten worse each expansion.
    The key part is fun. But any game that offers a progression system will always be Do X, get Y, rinse repeat. For some reason though a lot of people that have this complaint against WoW think that it will be different with a new game. But the only difference in the end is that the Art is different. Which is also why those "new" games don't tend to retain players.

If you are looking for brand new game play then you can't really look to the conventional mmo. You have to look towards different game types all together. Because as long as it has a progression system you will always be doing the same things for a reward over and over. It will always happen with those types unless you stop playing the game. There is nothing wrong with feeling this way but you won't really find a difference elsewhere.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    At this point though, the gaming masses have moved onto Call of Duty, DOTA 2 and LoL. The spotlight is now on those games, and probably will be on those games for quite a few more years before some other big gaming craze comes along.
    The for the moment type gamers might have moved on but the masses are still playing WoW. The problem is that when a game has constant 10+ million subscriber base for 8 years you have a lot of turn over. For every person you have quitting you have new people taking their place. The thing is there isn't just WoW gaining these above average numbers anymore. It is just WoW for their type of game but you have others in their genre that are the WoW's of their genre.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You can't say Enthusiasm for WoW is dwindling because 'Servers appear to have lower pops then 2 months ago', that's just absurd to even state.

I think the title would be better phrased, "Is YOUR enthusiasm for WoW dwindling?" and then perhaps obtaining and having a discussion about people's view on the state of the game.

For me my enthusiasm for WoW hasn't dwindled, but merely I've got alot more going on in my Real Life that needs to be taken care of before Video Games. Since WoW (Mainly raiding) was the biggest culprit for making me lose time, it was the Game that had to take the cut. Personally I think this is what happens to alot of people, but instead of blaming their lives and the need to simply slow down, they try and blame the game. Naturally that's not all people, but I think that kind of thought process happens alot more then what you might think.

Most likely if you pulled aside any newcomer to the game that's enjoying it, I'd say they're probably having just as much fun with MOP as those of us who our first end game experiences were Vanilla/TBC. Better for new people to start now in MOP, then to reach the end-game that was Cataclysm after 4.0

MOP has more content then ever before and the quality is extremely high, if enthusiasm is dwindling it is simply the natural course of an old game and people getting naturally bored, because even if the content is great it is in reality the same thing that we were doing yesterday and even 7 years ago.