Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Recurve254 View Post
    would it be worth jumping into WoW at this point?
    it depends. if you like Zynga style gameplay, but think you should be paying a monthly subscription for it, then sure. jump right in. if, on the other hand, you are a proper gamer, and you are looking for good challenging gameplay, dont touch it with the proverbial barge-pole.

everything outside proper raiding requires no skill or intelligence. proper raiding requires you to organise your life around the game to some degree. if that sounds attractive to you, then feel free to get involved. but imo, you are 3 or 4 years late to really enjoy it.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    5.1 they gated the main storyline behind an endless wall of dailies you must do to get more of the story. For many, this was the last straw. For me, it was 1 of the last straws.
    Five or so dailies a day is hardly an endless wall. If you can spend 10 to 15 min playing the game for a reward then why are you even playing the game in the first place? Dailies are great because they are optional. They allow you to do them at your pace. You don't have to do them all in one day (but you can if you want). Just because you can do more then 25 now doesn't mean you are forced to do it.

Every time I see someone listing theirs reasons for why dailies are bad for the game I just have to laugh. Because all of it boils down to I don't want to have to play the game to get my reward. I'd rather do a dungeon for 10 mins and get it all from that rather then having to spend the same time doing a few different dailies. Its not even a grind with alts anymore since you get faster rep gains once you hit revered on one character (you have to buy and use the account wide item first of course).

All there is to do? So you complain because you HAVE something to do. Without dailies what would you be doing? Nothing? sitting in trade? Dungeons? Heroics? LFR? Nothing is stopping you from doing every you would have done if Blizzard had little or no dailies in MoP. You are right about one thing, the community is toxic. But I don't think you actually see the toxic part for what it is because your responses and attitude is exactly that Toxic.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The game itself has gotten stale, and with the changes, "features" and ideology Blizzard has adapted over the course of the game, has cultured a certain type of community that's unbearable to deal with on every level. It's more the fault of the level the community has devolved into than the actual game itself why I stopped playing. It is, however, Blizzard as a whole why I'll never buy another game/expansion from them again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recurve254 View Post
    would it be worth jumping into WoW at this point?
    Certainly. Why wouldn't it? It is a great game with fun activities. It still provides challenging content (only 133 guilds have fulled cleared all heroic content). Do you have to do some work for items? Sure, it isn't just show up and get stuff. But what is so bad about playing a game so you can play the game?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It amazes me how people still care about this game... I remember I came back for 4.3... did the new dungeons, almost fell asleep due to the pathetic difficulty and recycled zones. Didn't even bother trying LFR or dragon soul. They reused old models for the bosses, the whole raid was just made out of old terrain. It's completely ridiculous that blizzard have such low standards now. They never recycled anything in vanilla and TBC. They came out with tons of new content. Now it's just minimum effort for maximum profit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    They never recycled anything in vanilla and TBC.
    Kael'thas Sunstrider would like to have a word with you. (one example from TBC)

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=11982 (one example from Vanilla. This looks like every other core hound.)

What is wrong with re-using models, zones, and other art if it fits the storyline and lore? Why would Dragon Soul have been better if Dragonblight and wyrmrest temple was 100% new? Why would ZG and ZA have been better if it was all 100% brand new? They were a continuance of the story of those places much like the Cataclysm moved the story of Vanilla zones forward. Which reuse much of the same art (some zones had new art where appropriate though much of it was re-used in a new location).

What is ridiculous is that people want new just for the sake of new. You might as well complain because Valley of the four winds recycles the color green for grass. Nagrand and elwyn forest clearly used it first so recycled content is recycled. Oh the shame on blizzard trying to pass grass off as green in another expansion.

If you're bored just take a break. I took a few weeks off of playing and now I'm back to enjoying it same as always.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Five or so dailies a day is hardly an endless wall. If you can spend 10 to 15 min playing the game for a reward then why are you even playing the game in the first place? Dailies are great because they are optional. They allow you to do them at your pace. You don't have to do them all in one day (but you can if you want). Just because you can do more then 25 now doesn't mean you are forced to do it.

Every time I see someone listing theirs reasons for why dailies are bad for the game I just have to laugh. Because all of it boils down to I don't want to have to play the game to get my reward. I'd rather do a dungeon for 10 mins and get it all from that rather then having to spend the same time doing a few different dailies. Its not even a grind with alts anymore since you get faster rep gains once you hit revered on one character (you have to buy and use the account wide item first of course).

All there is to do? So you complain because you HAVE something to do. Without dailies what would you be doing? Nothing? sitting in trade? Dungeons? Heroics? LFR? Nothing is stopping you from doing every you would have done if Blizzard had little or no dailies in MoP. You are right about one thing, the community is toxic. But I don't think you actually see the toxic part for what it is because your responses and attitude is exactly that Toxic.
    But again, the argument isn't about the dailies themselves. It's the fact that they decided to gate the patch's main storyline behind them dailies. Having done every storyline quest in Pandaria, I play these games for their story. And being forced to do the dailies to see 4 or 5 more quests in the primary story, was a terrible idea.

As for the toxic community, complaining about the behavior of the community, and about blizzard's bad behavior isn't toxic. What is toxic is griefers getting away with everything because CRZ lets them. What is toxic is legitimate feedback on the official forums ends up with the ones who don't like a feature being trolled, insulted and harassed by pro-blizzard fanboys, and of course Blizzard looking for reasons to get rid of the ones complaining about their beloved feature that people hate.

It is kind of like the time Blizzard was going to put real ID on their forums. People complained. Imagine then, if they took todays attitude they have with CRZ, and applied it to real id on their forums. People would of quit the game, like they are now. And the fanboys would be there to point and laugh and ask if they could have our stuff. And Blizzard sits by, and lets them. Complaining about something you dislike, in hopes of getting a change reverted, isn't toxic. Seeing the official forums devolve into crap threads that serve 0 purpose and Blizzard's own community managers encouraging it, is what is creating the toxic atmosphere.

But one thing you can't say is that I am one of the toxic players, since I don't even have a subscription to WoW no more. I stopped playing in the middle of december. Best decision I ever made. Having a blast in SWTOR.
    Last edited by Alewen; 2013-01-09 at 02:54 PM.

The game stopped being good after Ulduar.

For me the game is in very good shape, best since 4.0, possibly even 3.2 or earlier. Really enjoying the content and excited about 5.2. Playing since 1.3.

I do play less than before but it's mostly due to RL, still can't wait to login.

I can understand old players get bored, most marriages last shorter than this, however it has nothing to do with the quality of the game.
    Last edited by mixerii; 2013-01-09 at 03:13 PM.

WoW is dead, but it's in an undead state. Like a lich or something, not some rotten zombie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    WoW is dead, but it's in an undead state. Like a lich or something, not some rotten zombie.
    No, it's not. It's still thriving and fun for a lot of people.