Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Pigeon shooting in Pennsylvania

What do you think?

Check out some of their other videos, I find it kind of shocking the police and judges don't take any action when damage is done to their recording equipment etc. Also the hassle they get off policemen making up laws on the spot is hilarious.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-01-06 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Piggions are a pest, plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh give me a break. Pigeons are a pest and it's not like they're even remotely close to threatened. Yes, it's mean to kill animals for no reason, but taking legal action is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Meh. Piggions are a pest, plain and simple.
    Does that justify starving, dazing (they sometimes apply a shock to the pigeons before letting them try to fly) then shooting but not killing them and letting them bleed out or fall into, and pollute, the nearby river? Does it justify buying cops and harassing peaceful protesters non-stop, even causing damage to recording equipment because they know the police wont do shit about it?

its a pigeon, its not endangered, its a flying rat.
    shoot all them you want, just make sure you kill it.

the surrounding issues are far more important then "oh noes they're hunting and killing some pest", the corruption of law enforcement is the major issue, the bird hunting is barely one other then using poisonous shot.
    Last edited by mordale; 2013-01-06 at 05:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Oh give me a break. Pigeons are a pest and it's not like they're even remotely close to threatened. Yes, it's mean to kill animals for no reason, but taking legal action is ridiculous.
    They've had lawsuits filed against them for polluting the river. They don't kill a large majority of what they shoot at. Tons of them fall into the river or escape the grounds and die a few days later. They also poison local predators such as foxes because the animals are full of shot.

Enduring against evil!!! lol, what a joke! it's an animal not a human being.

People do eat pigeons alot actually.

People aren't endangered either.

Killing random living creatures for no reason whatsoever other than to kill something is still off and slightly disturbing. Hunting for food is another matter.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    But eh, pigeons arent exactly endangered, if anything theres too many of them, they're like seagulls, rats of the sky. So I dont think its illegal to hunt them, there might be limitations but thats all ide expect.
    They aren't hunting. The pigeons are docile and trained, usually ex-carrier/racing sold to them by farmers and suchlike. They're also kept starved and dehydrated in small boxes and administered an electric shock before they are released. That makes them slow and super easy to hit. The shooters aren't interested in eating them, they'll shoot up to 22,000 birds a year many of which don't die on site (you can see one of the shooter picks up a flailing bird and just throws it into some bushes)

They also hurl abuse at protesters (there's a video of a high-ranking official calling someone a rotten cunt for filming him on their channel, aswell as evidence of a member trying to hit them with their car) and endanger human lives by continuing to fire when the SHARK rescue boats are out on the river trying to recover injured birds.

The influence on the cops the gun club members have is pretty evident too. There are many clips of cops turning up to hassle the camera crew when they're not breaking any laws.

Regardless of the fact it's just pigeons, I can't believe the kind of shit the officers and shooters get away with on a legal level.

sweet looks like im planning a trip to Pennsylvania to hunt me some people wewt !

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post

What do you think?

Check out some of their other videos, I find it kind of shocking the police and judges don't take any action when damage is done to their recording equipment etc. Also the hassle they get off policemen making up laws on the spot is hilarious.
    A little note about these "horrible" shoots. The most famous, the Hegins Pigeon Shoot, started in 1934 and ended after the 1998 event. It was used as a means of fund-raising for the town of Hegins. The money funded everything from the local fire department to food and supplies for the poor and needy. It was the largest fund-raiser the town had. However animal-rights groups won in court and had the event shut down.

To date none of those animal-rights groups have offered to help the town of Higens, its volunteer fire company, or the poor there-in.

I guess those animal-rights groups consider pigeons, considered little more than flying rats by most people, more important than humans.

EDIT:
    The drone was being controlled by animal rights groups and, apparently, was shot on purpose. They never found the shooter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    A little note about these "horrible" shoots. The most famous, the Hegins Pigeon Shoot, started in 1934 and ended after the 1998 event. It was used as a means of fund-raising for the town of Hegins. The money funded everything from the local fire department to food and supplies for the poor and needy. It was the largest fund-raiser the town had. However animal-rights groups won in court and had the event shut down.

To date none of those animal-rights groups have offered to help the town of Higens, its volunteer fire company, or the poor there-in.
    I wouldn't normally care about people shooting wild pigeons for sport, but this obviously isn't the case in the videos shown.

As for Hegins, I'm sure they could wrack their brains for OTHER fund raisers to raise money than shooting pigeons. Food drives? Raffles? Ostrich racing? The list goes on. I suppose I can't speak for everyone, but the idea of charity shouldn't be tied to whether you get to kill something or not.

I guess those animal-rights groups consider pigeons, considered little more than flying rats by most people, more important than humans.
    Some people used to think, and still think, that tiger bones are a mystical aphrodisiac. Does that make tiger bones a mystical aphrodisiac?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-06 at 06:14 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Being a PA resident I can say I never heard of these kind of events. I'm sure they're only a handful of them. Also they wouldn't have old carrier pigeons that's dumb as shit ..... They would be just farm raised pigeons. Alot of farmers and amish raise them for food and shit. So this doesn't really bother me for I'm sure it hardly happens.

All i have to say is... whoever shot that helicopter thing has a nice shot. Just about a bullseye.

10+ Year Old Account
    A day of reckoning will come for pigeons, when there great lord rises!!

(No but seriously I'm against anyone hunting animals for sport or the fun of it. Only exception I have is hunting for food)
    Last edited by Trassk; 2013-01-07 at 04:49 PM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I am convinced that hunting is an outlet for some sociopaths. Which I am not sure is a good or bad thing. I would definitely prefer these people getting their jollies off killing pigeons rather than little kids.

Not saying all hunters are sociopaths. It takes a special person to want to bash a birds head in on the sole of their boot like that one guy. Those are the ones that I am worried about having access to semi-automatic weapons.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    Hunting for food, im okay with that, but for fun ? Even if its a pidgeon. I could understand if they are a threat to people, what happens fairly often in big cities, if the pidgeon population is way bigger then it should be.

Otherwise you should not shoot animals for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Thodrin View Post
    Being a PA resident I can say I never heard of these kind of events..
    Another PA resident here and I've never heard of this either.

I don't see the big deal, animals are dying in the wild constantly. Pigeons are everywhere, killing some to prevent them from pooping on peoples cars is worth it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why no1 likes them:

and some citys looks like this due too overpopulation:

.. so yeah they are flying rats.
    Don't sweat the details!!!