How to name a Pandaren?

So I've been posting allot in the rp thread and I'm trying to figure out who/what to make as my first rp character (I'm having a problem deciding which idea to go with first! So many! xD) and I noticed that there was no naming "Guide" or tips for Pandaren or a Life span for that matter. Just wondering if anyone could direct me where I can find this info or what they know as far as naming/life span is for Pandaren.

Thanks for any and all help! :]

Name for pandaren should sound chinese-like, in my opinion. Im not playing on RP server, but my pandarens are named Shenzhu and Zhangshi. ;P

Check again, there's something for pandaren.

And check the names of famous pandaren, you'll find a pattern. Asian name, somewhat of an elvish-style last name (though less forest naturey)

I just checked Khoriana's thread on naming characters and didn't find anything but I will look further into that!

Thanks for the tips guys! ^>^

Hi,
    I gave chinese names to my pandarens:

Monk: Móguǐ (Demon)
    Shaman: Zìránjiè (Nature)

Checked on internet for the translation (hoping it means what it really means)!
    @Twinsting Nether EU
    Sokatsui, Retsuhana, Kutohitsugî, Skaoi, Goshintai, Ahres, Palhaço, Shikeishuu, Dorã, Koitika, Noslen, Ahtramedes.

@Ravencrest EU
    Retsuhana

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest something like this. I used your forum name / title as a name and surename, join date as your birsday and i got those names out:
    Fang
    Chong
    nu =
    Fangchongnu

http://www.mandarintools.com/chinesename.html
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I named mine to a chinese dish xD Babipangang :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

pandaria DOES NOT equal asia, just sayin

go with something intelligent, not a random ass wangchun or a ziukwon or leefwang

hashtag YoLo

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    pandaria DOES NOT equal asia, just sayin

go with something intelligent, not a random ass wangchun or a ziukwon or leefwang

hashtag YoLo
    I was actually going to name his Riceball... haha jkz, Yea I want to make sure that his name is freaking awesome and has some meaning and depth to it.

I always rather liked the name Lucian and so called my Pandaren Liushen. I also have the name Wonton taken on Sha'tar EU if I ever return.

If Chinese names aren't floating your boat you could also cheat with Laotian, Vietnamese, Thai, and so on. Baby name sites are great for this. You also don't have to use the same patterns of the game since they are somewhat ridiculous often combining two languages separately for first and last names (as in Chen Stormstout). If you want to be truly traditional to many asian cultures the family name comes first. Make sure you double check the naming conventions of the culture you borrow from though as this is not always true.

I chose my Pandaren Monk's name based on love of alcohol, being round and happy, and love of martial arts.

Majinbrew

So I just used the website that Descense posted and put in all the info, etc and came up with some different options for my names. Theses are the symbols/names and their translations (as listed on the site)

Ji - Foundation, Base

Ning - Repose, Serenity, Peace; Peaceful

Zhi - Purpose, Will, Determination

Nu - Exert, Strive, Make effort

I was thinking of possibly combining 2-3 of those to make a name for him. Rather cool tool that Descense provided! Anyone stuck on naming their Pandaren should definitely give it a try!

http://www.mandarintools.com/chinesename.html

Deleted
    yea defo on the chinese vibe especially with monk

Deleted
    Mine is Haranto, named after the Tauren DK in the TCG =D

Just look around, pandaren names are easy:

Just pick between Paw, Keg, Fist, Chi, Shen, Chang, Chen, Chan etc and combine with Chun, Li, Weaver, Lee, Ley, Loo, Brew, Brawl.

f.e. Pawchun, Fistley, Shenli, Kegbrawl

You can search up a list of Chinese monarchs / emperors from the past.

Here's a list from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_monarchs

There are some cool names out there!

I got my name from this list, my panda monk is called Gaozong

*Skips in to throw a little copy-paste from Wowpedia in here.*

Names

Pandaren naming practices are similar to those of humans: each pandaren has a given name and a surname. The names themselves, of course, are different.[16]
    -Male Names: Chen, Jinto, Kesha, Masha, Mushi, Polo, Sinjo.
    -Female Names: Huan, Jiang, Lian, Mei, Ping, Shui, Zi.
    -Surnames: Earthsong, Greentouch, Honeybrew, Lightgrace, Reedwine, Sweetbarrow, Swiftpaw.

Whenever I want to put some name, I always think chocolate milk, so always refer to it lol

Probably Xin Zhao or Jarvan IV!

eheh but seriously, something chinese, or something to do with the elements or with beer! a perfect example of how these 2 come together: Stormstout ^^

hope i was helpful!

When you sneeze next time, try to remember how it sounded like and then pronounce/write down.

100% success rate guaranteed.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988