Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    Yes, but that is a whole other thing then saying "blizzard has to right to just ban your account for no reason".
    I love blizzard and their products, but it's just not true that they have to right to just ban anyone for no reason. They are not above the law.
    The law is on their side. The servers are their property and it is only through the EULA that you are granted limited access. No EULA, no legal access.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  2. #42
    Bloodsail Admiral Shadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Jersey shore night club
    Posts
    1,186
    I wouldn't take that from blizz if I was you

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    I hate all of you grammar nazi's, stop it now please.
    Nazi's should be capitalized.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

    -Kujako-

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    but it's just not true that they have to right to just ban anyone for no reason. They are not above the law.
    Actually they can, as the law will be on their side on this one.

    Afterall, BLIZZARD OWNS the properties, not you, you merely hire the right to access it, and they totally reserve the right to stop your access anytime they want.

    Same thing for ISP, car hire, venue hire, flat renting, shop letting, or any type of transaction that you are "buying the right to use something", they can terminate the contract whenever they want if it is stated in the contract that you signed.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    Yes, but that is a whole other thing then saying "blizzard has to right to just ban your account for no reason".
    I love blizzard and their products, but it's just not true that they have to right to just ban anyone for no reason. They are not above the law.
    They can under lease agreements. You don't *own* anything, it's their product. As a poster above said regarding the car analogy.
    This isn't a case of Blizzard "stealing" money, they refund any excess monies paid beyond the first month, and they can refuse service to anybody they wish to do so, no reasoning given should they want to. Obviously they won't, as that is bad business, and they will always provide a reason and within the framework of their policies, but as you do not own the product, it's theirs and they can do what they like really. Your just "renting" something.
    EULA's are a slightly different thing, and some of them are borderline in legality depending on what country your from, but leasing agreements are very similar across the board, and this can easily be construed as this.
    Basically, Blizzard hire a LOT of good lawyers/legal teams to figure this stuff out across the world, people forget this. SO when I read lots of wikipedia layers/internet heroes writing gibberish I usually have a chuckle to myself. These teams spend years figuring out how to protect their products/do things legally, yet there are always people on the'net that think they know more

  6. #46
    The Patient Jazara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Faerun
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Just wondering, but why are you so upset about this? Its just a game, and you say you want to quit anyway. Why not let it slide and just step away quietly?

    Plus, you might not want to discuss your personal legal issues with Blizzard. I think it may be against forum rules to bring up personal issues since its between you and blizzard.
    These responses really ruffle my feathers. Just a game? I don't know how long OP has been playing, but if it were me, I've had an account since November of '04 without any cancellations. I've invested THOUSANDS of hours and THOUSANDS of dollars (monthly sub, expac costs, faction change, etc) and I would be upset if I were wrongfully banned (I don't know if this user was, as we're only getting his side of the story). Seriously, just stop, Jaylock.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    Yes, but that is a whole other thing then saying "blizzard has to right to just ban your account for no reason".
    I love blizzard and their products, but it's just not true that they have to right to just ban anyone for no reason. They are not above the law.
    No they aren't. But the EULA you agreed to gives them the right to terminate the service at any time, for any reason. They have to refund any unused portion of the current months subscription, but not anything else. You already received the service you were paying for, for prior months.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

  8. #48
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    I don't find this as a threat "you might not want to do that because there could be other outcomes you would not like" in my opinion...sounds to me like, hidden behind words of course he is saying "you can do this, but your more than likely going to loose the case not to mention a lot of money". Think about how much money blizzard pulls in, unless your a millionaire or have a company backing you I don't suggest trying to go after blizzard! And cheap attorneys aren't going to get you anywhere with blizzard, i'm sure theirs will make yours look like he's still in college lol

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    This bothers me every time i see it...
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

    Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    The difference here is that the garage does not own your car, Blizzard however does own all of its accounts.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2013-01-07 at 08:04 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Educate yourself first, you are not in the US, you're in the EU, we have this thing called consumer protection, and they cannot enforce EULAs that do not conform with laws.
    Why dont you educate us? What part of the EULA is breaking what law? And how does that relate to OPs ban?

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    This bothers me every time i see it...
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

    Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    Why not? how is it any different from a landlord evicting someone from the property he is renting to them. they payed him money to live there and if he suspected something being done while they were there wasn't right whether he was right or not it's still his property and he as the owner is entitled to kick them out if he wants, they don't get a refund for the time they spent there. this is also no different than the right to refuse service to anyone rule. And it's not "stealing" as you put it so elegantly if the game and everything in it belongs to them. they are renting you your account and all things in it, otherwise the game wouldn't be pay to play it would be free

  12. #52
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    If you're going to correct grammar, please make sure your post if flawless.
    And if you're going to argue his point, make a better statement. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  13. #53

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Nazi's should be capitalized.
    Thank you, i value your input and have fixed the error.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  15. #55
    The Lightbringer Toffie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,762
    Sorry this happened to you. But seems like there is something you aren't telling us. I have always been in good contact with blizzard with issues like these.. I'm pretty sure they wouldnt ban you just because you bought some herbs from some guy who was botting without you knowing....
    Steam Big Picture Mode - 4570 - GA-H87N - MSI R9-290 - 120 GB Samsung 840 EVO
    Corsair 250D - Philips 55 LED TV - Corsair RM 550 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB

    4770K - EVGA 780 Ti SC- Corsair 350D - V700 - Gryphon Z87
    Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB - Samsung 840 250GB - H60

  16. #56
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    823
    LOLWHAT?
    Buying from botter is illegal? Since when? How are you supposed to know?
    Only complete idiot could invent such a thing.

    Anyway, do not mess with them. Spit in their face in any way of your choosing(send them angry mails if you like, sell your remaining accounts, i don't know) and punish them with leaving.

  17. #57
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    599
    Please if you want people to side with you, post every details...not just the ones that makes you the victim...What were those things from 2010 ?

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Blizzard will not care about you.

    Neither do people on MMO-C.
    Best possible answer. Enough said.

  19. #59
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Sorry this happened to you. But seems like there is something you aren't telling us. I have always been in good contact with blizzard with issues like these.. I'm pretty sure they wouldnt ban you just because you bought some herbs from some guy who was botting without you knowing....
    I don't either, they usually would just strip the botted mats...unless they have reason to believe you were aware. Which they would do via logs, everything is logged and they are looked over when in a situation is in question.

  20. #60
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,034
    OP, if you are actually going to take them to court over this, you will lose.

    There is nothing for you to stand on, as many have stated; you don't legally own *anything* about your game license for World of Warcraft.

    This has never changed, when you purchase a game, you pay a licensing fee on it. Many games have a one-time fee, there are also a good number that charge you subscriptions for the right to continue to extend your license.


    Since, as far as I am aware, you haven't posted the alleged "threat" from Blizzard, it sounds like they are warning you that you would be foolish and throwing away your money to attempt to sue them over this. They are absolutely right and are in fact looking after your best interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •