Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really hope that wasn't the final copy of your response.
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    LOLWHAT?
    Buying from botter is illegal? Since when? How are you supposed to know?
    Only complete idiot could invent such a thing.

Anyway, do not mess with them. Spit in their face in any way of your choosing(send them angry mails if you like, sell your remaining accounts, i don't know) and punish them with leaving.
    Because sending angry mails will totally ruin them right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Educate yourself first, you are not in the US, you're in the EU, we have this thing called consumer protection, and they cannot enforce EULAs that do not conform with laws.
    Edcuate myself? Sure, let's try some example in UK then shall we?

1) Car Hire, contract stated they do not have to continue the contract and can terminate it as they wish without reasons, you signed it. Now after a few months they do not want to continue your contract to hire the car, do you have a case?

2) Flat renting, the landlord stated in the contract that he does not have to continue the contract when it ends, or if he requires to finish the contract early you get 1 month time to move out, you signed it. Seven months down the line the landlord want to sell his flat, and give you the 1 month to get the hell out, do you have a case?

3) "intellectual property hiring", you signed a contract that you have the right to use a specific intellectual property, however the owner stated in the contract they can terminate the contract whenever they want, you signed it. 6 years down the line they terminated your access, do you have a case?

All the above examples can easily be found in everyday UK life, please tell me if you really think you have a case in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    LOLWHAT?
    Buying from botter is illegal? Since when? How are you supposed to know?
    Only complete idiot could invent such a thing.

Anyway, do not mess with them. Spit in their face in any way of your choosing(send them angry mails if you like, sell your remaining accounts, i don't know) and punish them with leaving.
    It sounds like he used an illegal service such as gold-buying. I'm not accusing, as I have no idea what happened, but from what little information was given by OP that's what it sounds like.

Well this is one of the funnier posts I've seen on MMO Champion.

You're not going to get anywhere doing this. You have no legal foundation to stand on. Furthermore, you're probably not telling us the whole truth; instead you're probably just giving us all the 'facts' that are convenient to your case.

Just drop it. At best, you'll have hefty legal fees to pay. At worst... Well.

Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    This bothers me every time i see it...
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    Its not stealing, and your terrible mechanic selling your car analogy shows that you have a really poor understanding of how it works.

When you buy a car you own that car, when you you pay for WoW you rent access to the service. They can remove you from the service at any time, just like the mechanic in your original analogy can tell you to leave his business, or a restaurant can refuse to serve you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    If you're going to correct grammar, please make sure your post if flawless.
    Oh, sweet irony.

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    Because sending angry mails will totally ruin them right?
    Nah, it's just a possible way for him to feel satisfied, some people like it. They would ignore such mail, surely

Pandaren Monk
    I don't think we are getting the whole story. I've never heard of anyone being banned from buying something from a botter (hell the whole player base would have to be banned if that was the case.) If that really was the reason they banned you though I'm sure calling CS (not the legal department) would get it cleared up.

Oh! This forum just gets better and better! First we have the removal of flying mounts thread and now this.

Although bans are quite common when a player unwittingly (or not as the case maybe) buys from a compromised and/or botting account it is usually just a case of a quick phone call to sort it out. I highly doubt you spoke to Rod Rigole, anyways it will interesting to see the ensuing pages this thread generates.

This is why I have no problem breaking the eula and doing whatever I want as long as I think I can get away with it. Because all these companies play dirty. All of them. So why shouldn't I?

The threat of being wrongly banned and not being able to do anything about it is also why I never have or will spend a penny on a mmo outside of the physical game purchase and monthly sub fee for access to the service.

Botted got caught got banned gg

Mechagnome
    There has to be more information apart of this story.

For as much as Blizzard claims it's "their account" and they can ban you for nothing if they want, and for all the talk about EULA's and the like, this issue is actually extremely complicated legally. Digital property has gone through several light lawsuits and is not firmly established yet. Blizzard has a massive team of lawyers in part because at any moment they could (and eventually will) fight to the death to protect this claim that all of this belongs to them and you are just licensed to play it, but a lot of lawyers and a lot of people believe that they can say anything they want in the EULA, you paid for the product and therefore it is yours.

We'll see in the next 10 years or so what the courts finally decide, but this issue is far from cut and dry.
    "We are dwarfs, but dwarfs who stand on the shoulders of those giants, and in our insignificance we are able then to see further than they over the horizon." Umberto Eco - Il nome della rosa

A fantastic guide to what's not in the constitution! http://www.usconstitution.net/constnot.html#life

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    It sounds like he used an illegal service such as gold-buying. I'm not accusing, as I have no idea what happened, but from what little information was given by OP that's what it sounds like.
    I never used any gold buying service. I make my gold from trade skills and the AH. When I spoke to the Attorney for Blizzard, the only thing he could tell me was that I purchased herbs and ore from someone who was botting. I had no idea. A seller was auctioning in /trade that he wanted to sell Herbs and Ore in bulk and that he would give better pricing on more that was purchased. I asked him how much per stack if I bought it all. He said 30g per stack of herbs and 45g per stack of ore, I purchased about 40stacks of each. It was about 5-10g per stack cheaper than ah, so I bought it all. This was on Thursday. I milled all the herbs and sent the ore to my jeweler. I was trying to build a couple decks for the Dark Moon Fair which was going to arrive on Sunday. On Friday I was banned. I did not know the guy was botting. I don't ask everyone I buy an item from in game if they are botting. I honestly think they made a mistake here.

The only way Blizzard would be any more alarmed by receiving that email is if there was a A HEAVY USAGE OF ALL CAPS, a plethora of unnecessary punctuation!!!!111oneone, and a cornucopia of angry face emoticons

If you faced them down with that, shit would definitely start to get real.

Yeah, what the lawyer said didn't really sound like a threat to me. Sounds like he was just warning you that moving forward could end up worse than just having one of your accounts banned.

Quote Originally Posted by sysco View Post
    Botted got caught got banned gg
    Well if you've followed the drama queens on MMO recently. That is impossible, blizzard doesn't ban botters they just ignore them or give them free epics because they need the subs. If you don't believe that yeah you're probably right.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

This story does not add up at all . People buy botted mats all the time because typically people don't know the method of how the mats where procured . I highly doubt they would ban your account for that . I think there is much more to this story IMO .

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    If you're going to correct grammar, please make sure your post if flawless.
    hyperbole is not grammar..... it is more like being emo.