Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Dreadlord Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Robot Monkey Pirate Island
    Posts
    986
    He stated that you could lose your case. He wasn't bullying.

  2. #82
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    There has to be more information apart of this story.
    There always is.

    No one gets banned for buying from a botter,
    1) Everyone has done it at least once, even if unaware, and
    2) How are players even supposed to "vet" sellers?

    I suspect the OP was moving stock around from one of his own bots to another and got busted.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I never used any gold buying service. I make my gold from trade skills and the AH. When I spoke to the Attorney for Blizzard, the only thing he could tell me was that I purchased herbs and ore from someone who was botting. I had no idea.
    So the attorney for a multi-million dollar company gave up some of his incredibly busy, hectic schedule to take a personal phone call from some angry child ranting and raving about his account being banned?
    Or..more likely, you spoke with some rep from the Customer Service department who just repeated the legal statement they get printed to read, and then hung up?

    You gain +4 skill points in exaggerating. At this rate, you might reach Grand Master level by the time the thread is locked.

  4. #84
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,226
    It would really surprise me if Blizzard's legal team was fielding customer service calls.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  5. #85
    Elemental Lord Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    They in fact, CAN, ban you for whatever reason they want (or no reason at all), once they decided to ban you, there is very little you can do. You can QQ all you want, but it won't change anything.

    On top of that you won't even get any sympathy here.
    "Hey, thanks for playing for 8 years and giving us $1,440.00 in subscription fees as well as buying all our xpacs and shit, now we're just gonna ban you for no real reason"

    I feel like someone is breaking the law in there.

    Progression pre-nerfed: [T17] 6/7H; 0/10N

  6. #86
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    So one of my accounts got banned. I bought 40 stacks of herbs and 40 stacks of ore from a guy for 30/45g respectively. So I called Blizzard, got the run around about broke the eula and all that. So I get a hold of the Legal department and talk to an Attorney for Blizzard named Rod Rigole. He says he will look into it. I talked to him today and he tells me that I bought the herbs/ore from someone who was botting and about some remark I made in chat from January 2010(says that had nothing to do with my banning). I told him I had no clue the guy was botting, I even asked the guy if he had, of course the guy said he didn't. So I told Mr. Rigole that I wanted to move forward with "informal negotiations", which is what Blizzards EULA requires.. So he tells me and I quote" You might not want to do that because there could be other outcomes you would not like". Are you kidding me. I mean seriously, the most you can do is ban my other accounts. Who cares.. Here is the what I sent them Blizzard can threaten and bully all they like. They can do nothing to me except take away a game I probably need to quit playing anyway.
    Sorry but you can not speak to their Legal department via the phone. This story seems like bs

  7. #87
    Blademaster Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    So the attorney for a multi-million dollar company gave up some of his incredibly busy, hectic schedule to take a personal phone call from some angry child ranting and raving about his account being banned?
    Or..more likely, you spoke with some rep from the Customer Service department who just repeated the legal statement they get printed to read, and then hung up?

    You gain +4 skill points in exaggerating. At this rate, you might reach Grand Master level by the time the thread is locked.
    Ok you got me
    Rod Rigole

    Deputy General Counsel

    Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
    (949) 955-1380 ext. 13221

  8. #88
    Epic! Detheavn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Nether .... lands
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    This is where you are wrong. They can and will DENY you access to THEIR servers at any time they see fit. That is basically what happens here. You still legally own the licence to your product, you are just unable to use it and there is no way you can force them to let you on their servers again.

    What the OP could do, however, is engage in a civilized discussion about 'what the outcome is, which you may or may not like', but judging from the response to things ... that ship has probably already sailed.

    Anyhoo, exploding into people's faces, be it face to face, on the phone, or through email is never a good thing when you want something done from people.

  9. #89
    this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Also, they are quite correct in informing you that you will regret your lawsuit, as you will...
    a) Lose very quickly
    b) Lose a lot of money in doing so.
    they can legally do whatever they want and you agreed to it accepting the EULA.
    all you would do is lose and pay for the lawsuit costs.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I see no grounds for informal negotiations in your case. You really have nothing to say to blizzard.

    The attorney response was a little harsh. But I'm not sure that you own messages were polite and discreet. Most people think that they can say whatever they like in the way they like but when they got response in the same way they say that they've been bullied.
    Yeah.. funny how threatening to sue someone is not seen as ´bullying´... but when they tell you they will own your face, that is bullying.

  11. #91
    I simpathise with you OP.

    I, unlike many other posters, applaud that you dont let them do whatever they want with you and your customer dignity.

    I hope you can show them that they cant bully people around just because they have many lawyers at their disposal.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by krimzin View Post
    ok you got me
    Rod Rigole

    Deputy General Counsel

    Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.
    (949) 955-1380 ext. 13221
    awwww SHIT JUST GOT REAL !!!!!!!!!
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Sorry but you can not speak to their Legal department via the phone. This story seems like bs
    Yeah, and he managed to get hold of one of Blizzard's head lawyers. But, seriously, don't ruin this - this thread could really go places.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Ok you got me
    Yes, because of course, that is completely legitimate, and can no way be found on the internet in 20seconds.

    Oh wait, your being honest, I was just on the phone to Bill Gates 30seconds ago asking why Windows sucks so much now.

    Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
    (Foundation)
    P.O. Box 23350
    Seattle, WA 98102
    USA
    Phone: (206) 709-3100



    Edit:

    Oh yeh, I have Donald Trump coming over to my house to watch some football later on, and share a beer. 'Cos ya know, we are mates and all.
    Donald Trump
    The Trump Organization,
    725 5th Avenue,
    New York,
    New York 10022.

    212-832-2000
    Last edited by Howlrunner; 2013-01-07 at 08:11 PM.

  15. #95
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Ok you got me
    That he's a real person doesn't mean anything. It takes like five seconds to pull that information off the CA Bar Assoc. website.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  16. #96
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Posts
    176
    On a separate note: I am actually curious what would happen if the OP went into "informal negotiations." I cannot recall anyone I've known taking a banned account to that level, so I would find the outcome extremely interesting.

    And as for those who say it would cost a lot of time and money to the OP, that's only half true. It would cost time, and as long as that time doesn't cost him money there are a lot of ways he could proceed, simply acting as his own council (though I would only recommend this if you have had previous experience with the study of law) would be one route to go.

    I mean, the OP already basically ruined any chances he had of this going in a mature manner with the e-mail he sent back, so I'm talking mostly theoretical here. I'd be curious to see how far Blizzard would care to go to ensure the ban. I'm not sure about some of the law in other countries but in Canada you'd be able to get all the way up to, and slightly past arbitrator/arbitration before you would have to pay serious legal fees on your end if you were minimizing the cost by doing the grunt work yourself, would Blizzard be willing to bother to fly a representative to <insert country here> to meet go though arbitration? It'd be interesting to see for sure.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Posted here because I hate bullies. Blizzard is trying to bully me. I know they have done it to others as well. Also, I never said I wanted to quit, I said I probably needed to, been playing since before release. I still enjoy the game.
    When I read stuff like this, I think to myself "Another person who doesn't confront bullies face to face.". This isn't confronting a bully. This is you in a passive/aggressive way trying to make up for the fact that you don't properly confront issues in your life. The guy isn't "bullying" you. He's saying "You won't win, and you'll end up wasting alot of money trying to do so.". He knows better than you. You may have done a quick google on lawsuits, but chances are that dude has been doing this a while.

    And I think that there is much, much more to this. People always paint themselves in a favorable light when talking about things like this. But I think that it has much more to do with you having multiple strikes on you, and this being more than you buying herbs from a bot. And this probably isn't the first.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  18. #98
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,721
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    That he's a real person doesn't mean anything. It takes like five seconds to pull that information off the CA Bar Assoc. website.

    So in short, this thread is essentially a joke?
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    LOLWHAT?
    Buying from botter is illegal? Since when? How are you supposed to know?
    Only complete idiot could invent such a thing.

    Anyway, do not mess with them. Spit in their face in any way of your choosing(send them angry mails if you like, sell your remaining accounts, i don't know) and punish them with leaving.
    Exactly, the blues almost said exactly the opposite with regards to that duped mount. If you buy it from the AH, and have no inside knowledge that it was duped, then you can´t be held responsible for owning a duped item.

    My guess is this guy was working with the botters.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Yes, because of course, that is completely legitimate, and can no way be found on the internet in 20seconds.

    Oh wait, your being honest, I was just on the phone to Bill Gates 30seconds ago asking why Windows sucks so much now.

    Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
    (Foundation)
    P.O. Box 23350
    Seattle, WA 98102
    USA
    Phone: (206) 709-3100
    Thats their charity foundation, if this was reddit i would downvote you. You could make a better joke or remark i believe in you.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •