Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Ijust had a Blizzard Attorney Threaten Me.

So one of my accounts got banned. I bought 40 stacks of herbs and 40 stacks of ore from a guy for 30/45g respectively. So I called Blizzard, got the run around about broke the eula and all that. So I get a hold of the Legal department and talk to an Attorney for Blizzard named Rod Rigole. He says he will look into it. I talked to him today and he tells me that I bought the herbs/ore from someone who was botting and about some remark I made in chat from January 2010(says that had nothing to do with my banning). I told him I had no clue the guy was botting, I even asked the guy if he had, of course the guy said he didn't. So I told Mr. Rigole that I wanted to move forward with "informal negotiations", which is what Blizzards EULA requires.. So he tells me and I quote" You might not want to do that because there could be other outcomes you would not like". Are you kidding me. I mean seriously, the most you can do is ban my other accounts. Who cares.. Here is the what I sent them
    Mr. RIgole,
    I am putting you and blizzard on
    Notice. Per your remark, you in essence said I would regret filing a lawsuit.
    That is against the law. I will go forward because the most you can do to me is
    threaten me and you can ban my other accounts anytime you like, please.. feel
    free. I need to get off this game anyway and it would be a great way to go
    out.
    I will be moving forward with informal negotiations and then to an
    arbitration. I will not go away quietly, that I can promise.
    I would love for you to ban my other accounts for things that have happened
    in the past. That would show even more proof that you made the threatening
    statement and followed through.

Here are a list of my other accounts. Please.. feel free to ban them.
    B*******
    k******
    s****
    Im angry now, because I DO NOT LIKE BEING THREATENED. So I have absolutely
    nothing to lose.
    Thank you
    Blizzard can threaten and bully all they like. They can do nothing to me except take away a game I probably need to quit playing anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    So one of my accounts got banned. I bought 40 stacks of herbs and 40 stacks of ore from a guy for 30/45g respectively. So I called Blizzard, got the run around about broke the eula and all that. So I get a hold of the Legal department and talk to an Attorney for Blizzard named Rod Rigole. He says he will look into it. I talked to him today and he tells me that I bought the herbs/ore from someone who was botting and about some remark I made in chat from January 2010(says that had nothing to do with my banning). I told him I had no clue the guy was botting, I even asked the guy if he had, of course the guy said he didn't. So I told Mr. Rigole that I wanted to move forward with "informal negotiations", which is what Blizzards EULA requires.. So he tells me and I quote" You might not want to do that because there could be other outcomes you would not like". Are you kidding me. I mean seriously, the most you can do is ban my other accounts. Who cares.. Here is the what I sent them Blizzard can threaten and bully all they like. They can do nothing to me except take away a game I probably need to quit playing anyway.
    Just wondering, but why are you so upset about this? Its just a game, and you say you want to quit anyway. Why not let it slide and just step away quietly?

Plus, you might not want to discuss your personal legal issues with Blizzard. I think it may be against forum rules to bring up personal issues since its between you and blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Posted here because I hate bullies. Blizzard is trying to bully me. I know they have done it to others as well. Also, I never said I wanted to quit, I said I probably needed to, been playing since before release. I still enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Krimzin; 2013-01-07 at 07:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They in fact, CAN, ban you for whatever reason they want (or no reason at all), once they decided to ban you, there is very little you can do. You can QQ all you want, but it won't change anything.

On top of that you won't even get any sympathy here.

After reading your reply to Blizzard, my first thought was... This guy needs to quit WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    They aren't "bullying" you, they are legally protecting their product. I think yoru mastery of hyperbole is rather large.
    If you're going to correct grammar, please make sure your post if flawless.

Deleted
    Not sure what the deal is since you claim that you do need to quit (and from your post, I'd agree), but if what you say is true (believing something someone claims on forums is really out of my comfort zone), go through and keep fighting the good fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    They in fact, CAN, ban you for whatever reason they want (or no reason at all), once they decided to ban you, there is very little you can do. You can QQ all you want, but it won't change anything.

On top of that you won't even get any sympathy here.
    Educate yourself first, you are not in the US, you're in the EU, we have this thing called consumer protection, and they cannot enforce EULAs that do not conform with laws.

Deleted
    He didn't correct your grammar. Maybe you misunderstand the actual meaning of grammar?
    OT: You might as well just drop this whole thing, you're not going to get anywhere.

If flawless? Don't you mean "is flawless"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will not care about you.

Neither do people on MMO-C.

You can rage all you want, no one is going to be on your side, in fact, from the tone of your posts:

Good riddance.

Usually 99% players will not read the EULA. And when blizzard finds out that they broke EULA, the players QQs about it.

But I dont believe they would threaten you via lawsuit.

Deleted
    if this is real then just so you know.

A - it is their account, you pay for the privilege of using it.
    B - They can ban the account for anything they want, when ever they want without notice.
    C - If you go ahead with the law suit and loose (which you most likely would do) then you would be resposible for court costs, your lawyers costs, and blizards lawyers costs.

Blizzard will not care about you.

Neither do people on MMO-C.

You can rage all you want, no one is going to be on your side, in fact, from the tone of your posts:

Good riddance.
    Damn Straight!

This bothers me every time i see it...
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is going places very fast.... None of them good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinni View Post
    He didn't correct your grammar. Maybe you misunderstand the actual meaning of grammar?
    OT: You might as well just drop this whole thing, you're not going to get anywhere.
    I giggled after reading your signature

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't get banned simply for buying stuff from someone who is botting. From your story you bought two things on one occasion, that won't get you banned. Or if it does it won't be that long of a ban, but from your reaction and story it sounds like you were permanently banned.

The problem with stories like these are the posters always, and I do mean always, leave out information about the situation that will make them look bad. And they leave it out so they can get the response that they want, sympathy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.

Different products. Different services. Different contracts.

In other words you are comparing apples to oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post

Blizzard has the right to refuse service to anyone.

A famous man once said,

"No soup for you!"

10+ Year Old Account
    From the quote of the guy, it sounds more like he was warning you, not threatening you. Informal negotiations mean nothing, so the only way to progress would be to create a formal case and sue. You would lose and then be responsible for legal fees for not only yourself, but also Blizzard.