Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    if this is real then just so you know.

A - it is their account, you pay for the privilege of using it.
    B - They can ban the account for anything they want, when ever they want without notice.
    C - If you go ahead with the law suit and loose (which you most likely would do) then you would be resposible for court costs, your lawyers costs, and blizards lawyers costs.
    This, drop it because they can do more than banning you if they win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    It is not stealing because you are leasing access from Blizzard. You don't own anything about your account. Companies you lease a car from can take your car back at any time if you violate the lease agreement. In this case the Blizzard EULA and ToS are the lease agreements, and they have provisions in their for what can happen if you violate said agreements.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

This is correct, but you still have rights when they take your money. They can't deny you access AFTER you've paid money if you've done nothing wrong. It's just illegal.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is correct, but you still have rights when they take your money. They can't deny you access AFTER you've paid money if you've done nothing wrong. It's just illegal.

But they can..... No

I love when some people demand that others/companies treat them with the utmost deference but at the drop of a hat they start acting like total pricks. This is not how a mature adult acts.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong."

15+ Year Old Account
    If you get permanently banned they refund whatever money you have left on the account. Stop trying to be a fear monger and spread misinformation and an attempt to smear Blizzard. If you pay for a 6-month block and get permanently banned during your first month you are refunded for 5-months. Not six because you already had a month of access even if its only a day of that month.

You would think after the millions of accounts banned someone would have used this illegal tactic against Blizzard. And it wouldn't take 8 years and some random person to come up with a way of taking down the evil Blizzard. It isn't illegal.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of hoping the lawyer prints out the letter you sent to him and posts it up at the water cooler so the rest of the company can get a giggle or two in.

10+ Year Old Account
    This bothers me every time i see it...
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    Wrong anology.

In your example, you OWN the car. In this example, you do NOT own the account, Blizzard does, you "hire" the right of usage. A better example would be car hire, you hire a car, under the term and condition that they do NOT have to continue the contract, even if you didn't get into any accident and such. Now, after a few months, they decided to not continue the contract for you, do you think you have the right to rage?

The law will protect you if it is YOUR property, and in this case, it isn't, so you are pretty much sod out of luck.

PS. Please do come back on this example, I do want to see you try.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

The Blizzard servers are private property. Its like you inviting me into your house to watch foot ball and ask that I dont make a mess. If I then defecate in the kitchen sink, you are within your rights to kick me the hell out.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I see no grounds for informal negotiations in your case. You really have nothing to say to blizzard.

The attorney response was a little harsh. But I'm not sure that you own messages were polite and discreet. Most people think that they can say whatever they like in the way they like but when they got response in the same way they say that they've been bullied.

So if i give you a contract to read, in that contract it states that by using my car wash you agree to me keeping your car if i so desire.
    You read it, agree and sign.

Then its stealing for me to honor the contract ?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    They can under provision of service agreements. If they have sufficient justification to believe their is wrongdoing that is potentially harmful to their product from a consumer, they can prevent service being issued to that customer if they believe they have enough evidence for it. "Illegal" or not, you will be incredibly hard pressed to get anything back for such completely minor amounts paid also.
    Yes, but that is a whole other thing then saying "blizzard has to right to just ban your account for no reason".
    I love blizzard and their products, but it's just not true that they have to right to just ban anyone for no reason. They are not above the law.

So you got upset because a lawyer gave you legally sound advice? He wasn't threatening you, he was trying to protect you from yourself.

*facepalm*

Let me explain a bit to you. What he told you was true. The outcome might be something you do not like, something worse than the situation you find yourself in now. Right now, you have lost nothing but the account. As a response, you want to drag a multi-billion dollar a year corporation into legally binding proceedings. First, they can afford to do this far more than you likely can. Second, if the original result is upheld and they are found to have legitimately banned you (Protip: Their EULA pretty much means that no matter what the reason, they have legitimately banned your account as they need no specific reason to do so), then they can very likely petition to force you to pay legal costs associated with the action you initiated. So now, YOU have to pay their lawyers and any other fees incurred by Blizzard. That is in addition to any other costs associated with this including your own lawyer, and most likely travel expenses as I believe the same agreement that requires you to go into mediation rather than take them to court also stipulates that such mediation takes place in Irvine, CA where Blizzard HQ is located. So now, not only is your account still banned but you have a legally binding judgement against you for potentially thousands of dollars. THAT is just one example of the many possible "other outcomes" that he was referring to.

If a lawyer threatens you, they do so very clearly. If they make a "suggestion" like he did, they are usually trying to get you to realize that what you are saying you want to do is actually a really bad idea but because he isn't your lawyer, can't tell you that directly. But hey, I'm not a lawyer. If you are serious about all this, talk to one and they will tell you whether or not you are being an idiot.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

I hate all of you grammar Nazi's, stop it now please.
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-01-07 at 07:40 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Hint, you aren't some hero taking on a faceless evil corporation for the good of humanity and standing up to the "bully", your just coming across as some angry nerd who is throwing his toys out of the pram because he got caught doing something he shouldn't.
    This is pretty much all that needs to be said for the majority of posts like this.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but that is a whole other thing then saying "blizzard has to right to just ban your account for no reason".
    I love blizzard and their products, but it's just not true that they have to right to just ban anyone for no reason. They are not above the law.
    The law is on their side. The servers are their property and it is only through the EULA that you are granted limited access. No EULA, no legal access.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't take that from blizz if I was you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    I hate all of you grammar nazi's, stop it now please.
    Nazi's should be capitalized.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    but it's just not true that they have to right to just ban anyone for no reason. They are not above the law.
    Actually they can, as the law will be on their side on this one.

Afterall, BLIZZARD OWNS the properties, not you, you merely hire the right to access it, and they totally reserve the right to stop your access anytime they want.

Same thing for ISP, car hire, venue hire, flat renting, shop letting, or any type of transaction that you are "buying the right to use something", they can terminate the contract whenever they want if it is stated in the contract that you signed.