Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    "Hey, thanks for playing for 8 years and giving us $1,440.00 in subscription fees as well as buying all our xpacs and shit, now we're just gonna ban you for no real reason"

    I feel like someone is breaking the law in there.
    But that doesn't really happen, at least not nearly as often as forum haters like to claim. Blizzard doesn't just go around flipping kill-switches at random, the very idea of that is stupid and completely at odds with a profitable company. Likewise, Blizzard cannot afford the time to go around and "target" people with trumped up charges just to close the accounts of people they don't like. Blizzards' time is to expensive for that kind of waste, and that scenario exists only in the minds of butt-hurt players who got caught cheating and/or breaking the terms of service one way or another and need to construct some fantasy explanation where they are the victims of some evil corporate entity, instead of owning up to the fact that they just got what they had coming.
    Last edited by Urti; 2013-01-07 at 08:12 PM.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  2. #102
    I like how he provide zero evidence of any kind and some people are arguing like it is the truth.
    This remind me of the whole Apple asymmetric screw scam again.....
    http://day4.se/how-we-screwed-almost...ple-community/

    Basically a bunch of blogger was going to test their theory of how gullible people on internet forum and news site are, and to no ones surprise they are right.
    http://day4.se/wp-content/uploads/20...uth_chart1.png
    Last edited by Exorte; 2013-01-07 at 08:20 PM.

  3. #103
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Ok you got me
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Rod+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    These responses really ruffle my feathers. Just a game? I don't know how long OP has been playing, but if it were me, I've had an account since November of '04 without any cancellations. I've invested THOUSANDS of hours and THOUSANDS of dollars (monthly sub, expac costs, faction change, etc) and I would be upset if I were wrongfully banned (I don't know if this user was, as we're only getting his side of the story). Seriously, just stop, Jaylock.
    People are weird and ignorant. For strange reasons they believe in license agreement more than in common sense.

    Its true, that you don't own a lot of things.
    You don't own your e-mail addresses. You don't own your skype name. You don't own your facebook page. And twitter as well. You don't even own your mobile phone number.
    And all above can be taken from you at any time.

    But all of this is just because the internet is very very new. It became widely spread just 10 years ago.
    So the legal base is very new as well. Its not finished. It works the way the service providers like and people have absolutely no rights.

    Very soon(I hope we'll see it in our life) you'll have your rights to demand from service provider the access to your account and the only way for the service provider to stop the access to your account would be to sue you.

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    The only way Blizzard would be any more alarmed by receiving that email is if there was a A HEAVY USAGE OF ALL CAPS, a plethora of unnecessary punctuation!!!!111oneone, and a cornucopia of angry face emoticons

    If you faced them down with that, shit would definitely start to get real.
    and gotta use ´THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE111!!1!!11´

  6. #106
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,537
    They cant ban you for any reason they want, it may be in the EULA but they can still be prosecuted for going too far, personally I think its good your standing upto them. Too often companies treat their playerbase like shit, good luck if you decide to sue, I wouldnt do it because I dont have disposable income.

    Also I wouldnt reccomend sharing this with anons on the internet, the responses you will get are usually sarcastic and full of fanboy, as in "my game can never do any evil". Its kind of pathetic to read, but yeah believe it or not the EULA doesnt entitle Blizzard to shit over you in any fashion they see fit.

  7. #107
    the dude was warning you, not threatening you, he didn't say stuff like don't or else, he said you may not enjoy the outcome, thats not a threat, unless the intonation was very threatlike, you are overreacting sir.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Thats their charity foundation, if this was reddit i would downvote you. You could make a better joke or remark i believe in you.
    I managed to get Donald Trumps public business contact info, does that help? :P

  9. #109
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    i wonder how many accounts blizzard has mistakenly banned and refused to investigate, 99% of people probably dont post on forums when blizzard shits on them.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    "Hey, thanks for playing for 8 years and giving us $1,440.00 in subscription fees as well as buying all our xpacs and shit, now we're just gonna ban you for no real reason"

    I feel like someone is breaking the law in there.
    Yeah, because people don't ever exaggerate and flat out lie when they get caught doing shit they aren't supposed to. I've paid alot of money in taxes over the years. Could I go rob a bank now? The OP is full of shit. And if you would take off your hater goggles, you'd see that pretty quickly. It's the internet.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    So one of my accounts got banned. I bought 40 stacks of herbs and 40 stacks of ore from a guy for 30/45g respectively. So I called Blizzard, got the run around about broke the eula and all that. So I get a hold of the Legal department and talk to an Attorney for Blizzard named Rod Rigole. He says he will look into it. I talked to him today and he tells me that I bought the herbs/ore from someone who was botting and about some remark I made in chat from January 2010(says that had nothing to do with my banning). I told him I had no clue the guy was botting, I even asked the guy if he had, of course the guy said he didn't. So I told Mr. Rigole that I wanted to move forward with "informal negotiations", which is what Blizzards EULA requires.. So he tells me and I quote" You might not want to do that because there could be other outcomes you would not like". Are you kidding me. I mean seriously, the most you can do is ban my other accounts. Who cares.. Here is the what I sent them Blizzard can threaten and bully all they like. They can do nothing to me except take away a game I probably need to quit playing anyway.
    Goddamn you're overly dramatic.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  11. #111
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,953
    This is fake. You don't get banned for buying stuff from a bot. (Anyone who buys ore or herbs would be banned, then.)
    And its not like buying 40 stacks of ore from one guy is suspicious. So... yeah, I don't believe OP.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    This is fake. You don't get banned for buying stuff from a bot. (Anyone who buys ore or herbs would be banned, then.)
    And its not like buying 40 stacks of ore from one guy is suspicious. So... yeah, I don't believe OP.
    Finally. Someone with a brain.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  13. #113
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,611
    Stop being a baby.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  14. #114
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They cant ban you for any reason they want, it may be in the EULA but they can still be prosecuted for going too far, personally I think its good your standing upto them. Too often companies treat their playerbase like shit, good luck if you decide to sue, I wouldnt do it because I dont have disposable income.

    Also I wouldnt reccomend sharing this with anons on the internet, the responses you will get are usually sarcastic and full of fanboy, as in "my game can never do any evil". Its kind of pathetic to read, but yeah believe it or not the EULA doesnt entitle Blizzard to shit over you in any fashion they see fit.
    Except if you read, Blizzard hasn't. He is accusing them of Bullying them and that is clearly not the case and I love how you use ad homieum in your argument via Logical Fallacy. Nobody is insinuating Blizzard can do no wrong in this thread. I think it's painfully obvious you have some hate towards Blizzard.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  15. #115
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    So in short, this thread is essentially a joke?
    *shrug* I'm not omniscient

    It's pretty unbelievable to claim that Blizzard is making their attorneys do customer service phone support, and I think there are quite a lot of things about the original post that seem fantastical, but that doesn't mean it's a joke. Seems dubious to me, but that's just my personal opinion.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I managed to get Donald Trumps public business contact info, does that help? :P
    If its not a Charity and its a direct line then yes, also its too late too use it and be cool you had your chance. =(
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  17. #117
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,323
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    i wonder how many accounts blizzard has mistakenly banned and refused to investigate, 99% of people probably dont post on forums when blizzard shits on them.
    On the contrary, people who have normal, well-tempered dealings with Blizzard rarely get on the forums to loudly champion "The system worked exactly as intended!", But every single butt-hurt brat with an axe to grind will come here and discuss it, literally, ad nauseum.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

  18. #118
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    *shrug* I'm not omniscient

    It's pretty unbelievable to claim that Blizzard is making their attorneys do customer service phone support, and I think there are quite a lot of things about the original post that seem fantastical, but that doesn't mean it's a joke. Seems dubious to me, but that's just my personal opinion.

    Yes well the logical fallacies came out already so I think the thread is losing it's luster. Sometimes I have to wonder about people who complain they got in trouble by Blizzard and get upset about it.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It would really surprise me if Blizzard's legal team was fielding customer service calls.
    You know, I just had that thought myself.

    Dude went through law school so he could answer phones with some jack-hole that is obviously leaving important parts of the picture out in order to make it sound more sinister than it really is?

    Either he's being paid a WHOLE lot of money for that kind of hilarity, or Blizz must employ the same caliber of lawyers as poor Ted from Scrubs.

  20. #120
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Oh shit

    I just found his number on google too

    http://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/E0TZNRjUm

    The internet is hard

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •