Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    "Hey, thanks for playing for 8 years and giving us $1,440.00 in subscription fees as well as buying all our xpacs and shit, now we're just gonna ban you for no real reason"

I feel like someone is breaking the law in there.
    Yeah, because people don't ever exaggerate and flat out lie when they get caught doing shit they aren't supposed to. I've paid alot of money in taxes over the years. Could I go rob a bank now? The OP is full of shit. And if you would take off your hater goggles, you'd see that pretty quickly. It's the internet.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    So one of my accounts got banned. I bought 40 stacks of herbs and 40 stacks of ore from a guy for 30/45g respectively. So I called Blizzard, got the run around about broke the eula and all that. So I get a hold of the Legal department and talk to an Attorney for Blizzard named Rod Rigole. He says he will look into it. I talked to him today and he tells me that I bought the herbs/ore from someone who was botting and about some remark I made in chat from January 2010(says that had nothing to do with my banning). I told him I had no clue the guy was botting, I even asked the guy if he had, of course the guy said he didn't. So I told Mr. Rigole that I wanted to move forward with "informal negotiations", which is what Blizzards EULA requires.. So he tells me and I quote" You might not want to do that because there could be other outcomes you would not like". Are you kidding me. I mean seriously, the most you can do is ban my other accounts. Who cares.. Here is the what I sent them Blizzard can threaten and bully all they like. They can do nothing to me except take away a game I probably need to quit playing anyway.
    Goddamn you're overly dramatic.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is fake. You don't get banned for buying stuff from a bot. (Anyone who buys ore or herbs would be banned, then.)
    And its not like buying 40 stacks of ore from one guy is suspicious. So... yeah, I don't believe OP.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    This is fake. You don't get banned for buying stuff from a bot. (Anyone who buys ore or herbs would be banned, then.)
    And its not like buying 40 stacks of ore from one guy is suspicious. So... yeah, I don't believe OP.
    Finally. Someone with a brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop being a baby.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    They cant ban you for any reason they want, it may be in the EULA but they can still be prosecuted for going too far, personally I think its good your standing upto them. Too often companies treat their playerbase like shit, good luck if you decide to sue, I wouldnt do it because I dont have disposable income.

Also I wouldnt reccomend sharing this with anons on the internet, the responses you will get are usually sarcastic and full of fanboy, as in "my game can never do any evil". Its kind of pathetic to read, but yeah believe it or not the EULA doesnt entitle Blizzard to shit over you in any fashion they see fit.
    Except if you read, Blizzard hasn't. He is accusing them of Bullying them and that is clearly not the case and I love how you use ad homieum in your argument via Logical Fallacy. Nobody is insinuating Blizzard can do no wrong in this thread. I think it's painfully obvious you have some hate towards Blizzard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    So in short, this thread is essentially a joke?
    *shrug* I'm not omniscient

It's pretty unbelievable to claim that Blizzard is making their attorneys do customer service phone support, and I think there are quite a lot of things about the original post that seem fantastical, but that doesn't mean it's a joke. Seems dubious to me, but that's just my personal opinion.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    I managed to get Donald Trumps public business contact info, does that help? :P
    If its not a Charity and its a direct line then yes, also its too late too use it and be cool you had your chance. =(
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    i wonder how many accounts blizzard has mistakenly banned and refused to investigate, 99% of people probably dont post on forums when blizzard shits on them.
    On the contrary, people who have normal, well-tempered dealings with Blizzard rarely get on the forums to loudly champion "The system worked exactly as intended!", But every single butt-hurt brat with an axe to grind will come here and discuss it, literally, ad nauseum.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    *shrug* I'm not omniscient

It's pretty unbelievable to claim that Blizzard is making their attorneys do customer service phone support, and I think there are quite a lot of things about the original post that seem fantastical, but that doesn't mean it's a joke. Seems dubious to me, but that's just my personal opinion.

Yes well the logical fallacies came out already so I think the thread is losing it's luster. Sometimes I have to wonder about people who complain they got in trouble by Blizzard and get upset about it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It would really surprise me if Blizzard's legal team was fielding customer service calls.
    You know, I just had that thought myself.

Dude went through law school so he could answer phones with some jack-hole that is obviously leaving important parts of the picture out in order to make it sound more sinister than it really is?

Either he's being paid a WHOLE lot of money for that kind of hilarity, or Blizz must employ the same caliber of lawyers as poor Ted from Scrubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh shit

I just found his number on google too

http://www.markhound.com/trademark/search/E0TZNRjUm

The internet is hard

Rod Rigole is one of Blizzard's senior attorneys and I do not believe he would be dealing directly with customers, I'm pretty sure the company wouldn't even allow that nor would he even agree to even if it were allowed.

He has absolutely zero control over player accounts and I'm suprised he didn't just tell you to bugger off. Given that he "looked into it for you" is a display of going above and beyond his duties to resolve your problem, and was even kind enough to tell you that your course of action will only lead you to dissapointment. How you interpret that is entirely up to you... but he was only informing you in a friendly mannor that your aggression will get you nowhere.

So, reading this post prompted me to read the EULA for the first time... seems to be pretty bias toward Blizzard, but that is obviously intended for cases like this. Two things really worth mentioning are: 1)
    "THIS SOFTWARE IS LICENSED, NOT SOLD." ...(in caps, first sentince) 2) "Blizzard may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason or no reason." .....(under the topic "Termination." about half way thru).

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    i wonder how many accounts blizzard has mistakenly banned and refused to investigate, 99% of people probably dont post on forums when blizzard shits on them.
    i know a few friends where something like this happened to them they called blizzard and explained it *poof* accounts back. i think alot of people who come on here and say "I WAS BANNED FOR NO REASON AT ALL" either did something and arent telling us or simply havent called blizz and just posted something on the forums.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro tip op. All lawyers have secretaries. Hell when I worked for clear channel as a talent buyer we had secretaries. You do not just fucking call someone at a huge cooperation

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    But that doesn't really happen, at least not nearly as often as forum haters like to claim. Blizzard doesn't just go around flipping kill-switches at random, the very idea of that is stupid and completely at odds with a profitable company. Likewise, Blizzard cannot afford the time to go around and "target" people with trumped up charges just to close the accounts of people they don't like. Blizzards' time is to expensive for that kind of waste, and that scenario exists only in the minds of butt-hurt players who got caught cheating and/or breaking the terms of service one way or another and need to construct some fantasy explanation where they are the victims of some evil corporate entity, instead of owning up to the fact that they just got what they had coming.
    sometimes i like to pretend that every once in a while on a blue moon one of those people who are like "TEH GAIME SUCKS NAO EVEREHTHANG WUS BETTA IN BC YOU ALL SUCK BLAH BLAH BLAH" manages to piss off one of the more higher up gms and they say "flip teh switch O-O" BOOM banhammer
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Fook me!
    Sure you guys aren't best friends or something? No way in hell you could get that number/information off the internet and all, no sirree! (:P)
    Yeah I lied Me and Rod Rigole do coke together that's how I had is number

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    sometimes i like to pretend that every once in a while on a blue moon one of those people who are like "TEH GAIME SUCKS NAO EVEREHTHANG WUS BETTA IN BC YOU ALL SUCK BLAH BLAH BLAH" manages to piss off one of the more higher up gms and they say "flip teh switch O-O" BOOM banhammer
    A man must be allowed to dream right? I have a dream where...haters are silent....writhe in their own hate and live with it. Forums are cleansed of their hate and full of purity.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    wow this thread is one of the very few that I actually read all the posts in, very interesting.

Now I hate grammar nazis just as much as the next guy but the guy is going to LOSE the lawsuit not LOOSE it. Ive seen that error too many times now.

OT: They guy was trying to protect you from losing a lot of money, not threaten you. Think of how stupid you sound to him now that you're the one threatening him after he tried to help you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most people are ignorant of the rights they hold. Most players still have not read the EULA. Most don't know that if you have any issue with Blizzard and it is not handled to your satisfaction, you have legal rights at your disposal. All it took was one call to Activision/Blizzard and asked for the Legal Department. I received a return call from Rod Rigole with in 1hour. Per the EULA you must inform Blizzard's Legal Department and give notice to seek "Informal Negotiations". These can not last more than 30days. If you still haven't reached an amicable resolution, the next step is "Binding Arbitration". At that point, Blizzard pays for an arbitrator in "Your Area" to hear the case. There are no legal fees. This is what you agree to every time you click I Agree on patch day. In the End, the arbitrator is a neutral 3rd party. At the end of the day, I will do whatever I need to do to prove they are wrong. I was not botting, buying gold or anything else. The only thing I did was buy herbs from a seller in /trade.