Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    The OP may be lying. However, I've experienced something similar.

I was recently banned for buying an Inscribed Red Fan for 4000g through a trade window.

I even appealed the process and was given an automated response stating that they still believed I had been buying/selling gold and/or botting. They would not undo the ban.

Only after being persistent in asking for further proof of my accused offense did they have someone actually look into it. Turns out you can be a 'false-positive' on their automated banning process/program.

Guilty until proven innocent.

I hope the OP can do something about his situation. Blizzard will more than likely win. Good luck.

Over hyping what they did or are doing and underselling what you are OP.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    And its painfully obvious your talking out your arse again. I dont have hate towards Blizz otherwise I wouldnt have bothered paying ungodly amounts on sub fees over the years. I very strongly dislike it when companies dont treat their playerbase with respect. As per usual though, say a word against a gaming company and ye' best prepare yourself for the onslaught that follows. Read the thread its full of sarcastic comments.
    I'm not talking out of my arse, the fact you decided to go logical fallacy on people shows how you have something against them. Weather that is dislike,loathing, hate or whatever is another matter. Don't act like Blizzard is the evil corporation and we're the man standing against them like heroic figures of Justice. You'd be better off doing that to EA then Blizzard.

Oh and people say things a lot against gaming companies, heck EA gets a lot of crap and other ones to. You are not proving a very effective argument, people are allowed to defend companies, Companies aren't the evils that posts like yours make them out to be.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

yeah seriously, lol.

Cuz u are only 1 player over millions of players.

We need a player corporation.

so, to your credit got fucked because of some guy who was botting but only got a ban for how long? was it a perma ban? i doubt it. but instead of taking it in stride, you go to a lawyer and HE tells you to drop it, and you take that as a threat? a threat of what exactly? and by outcome you might not like means AKA you will lose. plain and simple. you would lose. but no no go on and keep it up it'll make a good puff piece on reddit.

title: nerd takes on Blizz over a ban, loses, and gets banned FORVER!
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-07 at 08:35 PM.

wow that letter you sent them makes you look very childish and other things that i would get infracted for calling you so i wont say.....but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Most people are ignorant of the rights they hold. Most players still have not read the EULA. Most don't know that if you have any issue with Blizzard and it is not handled to your satisfaction, you have legal rights at your disposal. All it took was one call to Activision/Blizzard and asked for the Legal Department. I received a return call from Rod Rigole with in 1hour. Per the EULA you must inform Blizzard's Legal Department and give notice to seek "Informal Negotiations". These can not last more than 30days. If you still haven't reached an amicable resolution, the next step is "Binding Arbitration". At that point, Blizzard pays for an arbitrator in "Your Area" to hear the case. There are no legal fees. This is what you agree to every time you click I Agree on patch day. In the End, the arbitrator is a neutral 3rd party. At the end of the day, I will do whatever I need to do to prove they are wrong. I was not botting, buying gold or anything else. The only thing I did was buy herbs from a seller in /trade.
    If the arbitrator sides with them (99% likely given the terms of the EULA) they CAN ask the arbitrator to award them damages equal to the costs they incurred dealing with your quixotic attempt to "prove them wrong". The bottom line is that Blizzard can terminate your account at any time, for any reason or no reason at all. Under normal circumstances, they would not just randomly kill an account. But if you force them into legal proceedings, they can and will fall back on that. And you will lose.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

This is what happens when you have a passive/aggressive angry nerd who doesn't confront issues in their day to day lives. People like this rage against percieved "bullies" online, but rarely do shit else. This dude is so full of shit.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

If you're going to correct grammar, please make sure your post if flawless.
    is flawless.* Sorry, had to.

Anyway...I don't agree with either you or Blizzard. They are being a bully and you are being a whiner. There are much better ways to deal with this situation
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    "Hey, thanks for playing for 8 years and giving us $1,440.00 in subscription fees as well as buying all our xpacs and shit, now we're just gonna ban you for no real reason"

I feel like someone is breaking the law in there.
    Hey, thanks for renting this flat for 4 years, giving us £28,800, as well as all the minor fixture you did to the flat. Now we are selling the flat and you are going to homeless.

It is within their right to terminate the contract to sell the flat if it is stated in the contract they can terminate it for whatever reaosn anytime.

I couldn't go on anymore reading these stupid car analogies people were trying to make. Few things, 80% of the time when you buy a car you take out a loan to get it. Just a heads up it isn't your car it'st he banks car.

Now if you actually believe this story then I laugh at you. Why on earth would the head of Blizzards legal team be talking to players over the phone about accounts?

You spoke directly with Rod Rigole? Somehow, I seriously doubt that.

Even if you did, you simply look like a child who's had his favourite toy taken from him in what you sent to him. The line you quoted from "Rigole" was polite and basically saving you from yourself, IMO.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-01-07 at 08:39 PM.

Super rarely updated...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I'm not talking out of my arse, the fact you decided to go logical fallacy on people shows how you have something against them. Weather that is dislike,loathing, hate or whatever is another matter. Don't act like Blizzard is the evil corporation and we're the man standing against them like heroic figures of Justice. You'd be better off doing that to EA then Blizzard.

Oh and people say things a lot against gaming companies, heck EA gets a lot of crap and other ones to. You are not proving a very effective argument, people are allowed to defend companies, Companies aren't the evils that posts like yours make them out to be.
    You accuse me of using a logical fallacy.. yet you sit there and assume (based off your divine knowledge) that Im a hater. This conversation is going nowhere, throw your buzzword at someone else mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    This is what happens when you have a passive/aggressive angry nerd who doesn't confront issues in their day to day lives. People like this rage against percieved "bullies" online, but rarely do shit else. This dude is so full of shit.
    Whether or not the OP's story is true, why do you feel the need to keep insulting him?

At the end of the day, I will do whatever I need to do to prove they are wrong. I was not botting, buying gold or anything else. The only thing I did was buy herbs from a seller in /trade.
    You don't get permanently banned from the game for one little offense such as that. You aren't telling half of the story and only presenting one sided facts. Which is always the case in this situation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    OP-"FUCKING BLIZZARD BANNING ME FOR WANTING TO SAVE A COUPLE GOLD! WHERES THAT NUMBER!"
    OP feverishly mashing keys looking for Blizzard CS
    OP-"AHA! I FOUND IT! YE SHALL FEEL THE MIGHTY WRATH OF THROGAR BLIZZARD! NOBODY MESSES WITH ME!"
    Op calls Blizzard CS demanding to speak to a "manager"
    OP-"Um, hello? Yes. I have just been banned, and I haven't done anything wrong. I have to play. WoW is life for me. Please unbar? I sorry."
    Blizzard CS-"We're sorry Throgar but this is the 12th time you have been caught using speed hacks in AV. You've been warned, and continued to do it."
    OP-"ROOOOOAAARRRR!!! NOBODY THREATENS THE MIGHTY THROGAR LIKE THIS!!! I WILL HAVE SOME HEDZ! YE SHALL ALL PERISH BENEATH MY BLADE."
    Blizzard CS-"Is there anything else I can help you with sir?"
    OP-"I HAVE THE BEST ATTORNEY MONEY CAN BUY! AND YOU SHALL HEAR FROM ME SOON! I AM GOING TO THE FORUMS!!!!"
    Op runs to mmo champ looking for moral support
    Awesome post. Would quote as signature, if not too long
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel View Post
    There's always, ALWAYS a "huge uproar" about anything Blizz does, usually from people who either don't entirely understand the thing they're complaining about, or refuse to acknowledge that most players are perfectly okay with the current state of affairs. Whenever people complain that they don't listen to feedback it mostly means "they don't listen to ME ME ME".
    My new signature. Thanks.

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Please knock it off with the personal insults, dudes.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't get permanently banned from the game for one little offense such as that. You aren't telling half of the story and only presenting one sided facts. Which is always the case in this situation.
    People never admit to the whole story when they get punished for something they did wrong.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Please knock it off with the personal insults, dudes.
    Hippo loving dinosaur!

(I'm....I'm not too good at insults and I don't have my Shakespearean insult generator with me)
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."