Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Axedeo View Post
    This bothers me every time i see it...
    What if that applied to something else, say for instance a garage. You go there with your car, pay them to fix it, they dont fix your car and just sell it to someone else. Even if they have a "EULA" at the garage saying they can do this, it is still against the law to do so. The law > any EULA.
    Blizzard took his money when he bought the game and the monthly subscription fee. It's stealing when they ban his account for no reason.

Just to clear it up a little bit more; i'm not saying he got banned for no good reason, i'm just saying that blizzard has no right to just ban someone for whatever reason, it's stealing.
    The correct analogy there would be that you were RENTing a car, you took it back to the car rental place because there was a problem with it...and they didn't give it back. It belongs to them, you pay them to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Most people are ignorant of the rights they hold. Most players still have not read the EULA. Most don't know that if you have any issue with Blizzard and it is not handled to your satisfaction, you have legal rights at your disposal. All it took was one call to Activision/Blizzard and asked for the Legal Department. I received a return call from Rod Rigole with in 1hour. Per the EULA you must inform Blizzard's Legal Department and give notice to seek "Informal Negotiations". These can not last more than 30days. If you still haven't reached an amicable resolution, the next step is "Binding Arbitration". At that point, Blizzard pays for an arbitrator in "Your Area" to hear the case. There are no legal fees. This is what you agree to every time you click I Agree on patch day. In the End, the arbitrator is a neutral 3rd party. At the end of the day, I will do whatever I need to do to prove they are wrong. I was not botting, buying gold or anything else. The only thing I did was buy herbs from a seller in /trade.
    You honestly believe this guy would contact you? You aren't going to win even if you sue Blizzard.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    A man must be allowed to dream right? I have a dream where...haters are silent....writhe in their own hate and live with it. Forums are cleansed of their hate and full of purity.
    You might want to talk to someone about that.

So you chose to initiate legal precedings that will fail, instead of calling customer support to unlock your account...

Most people are ignorant of the rights they hold. Most players still have not read the EULA. Most don't know that if you have any issue with Blizzard and it is not handled to your satisfaction, you have legal rights at your disposal. All it took was one call to Activision/Blizzard and asked for the Legal Department. I received a return call from Rod Rigole with in 1hour. Per the EULA you must inform Blizzard's Legal Department and give notice to seek "Informal Negotiations". These can not last more than 30days. If you still haven't reached an amicable resolution, the next step is "Binding Arbitration". At that point, Blizzard pays for an arbitrator in "Your Area" to hear the case. There are no legal fees. This is what you agree to every time you click I Agree on patch day. In the End, the arbitrator is a neutral 3rd party. At the end of the day, I will do whatever I need to do to prove they are wrong. I was not botting, buying gold or anything else. The only thing I did was buy herbs from a seller in /trade.
    there has to be something you arent telling us because like i said ive had friends where similar things have happened to them all they had to do was call blizzard and blizzard sorted it out and turned back on their accounts. O-O

if you called blizzard and they DIDNT turn back on your account and denied you then that means they had to have found something to ban you
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Pro tip op. All lawyers have secretaries. Hell when I worked for clear channel as a talent buyer we had secretaries. You do not just fucking call someone at a huge cooperation
    OP-"FUCKING BLIZZARD BANNING ME FOR WANTING TO SAVE A COUPLE GOLD! WHERES THAT NUMBER!"
    OP feverishly mashing keys looking for Blizzard CS
    OP-"AHA! I FOUND IT! YE SHALL FEEL THE MIGHTY WRATH OF THROGAR BLIZZARD! NOBODY MESSES WITH ME!"
    Op calls Blizzard CS demanding to speak to a "manager"
    OP-"Um, hello? Yes. I have just been banned, and I haven't done anything wrong. I have to play. WoW is life for me. Please unbar? I sorry."
    Blizzard CS-"We're sorry Throgar but this is the 12th time you have been caught using speed hacks in AV. You've been warned, and continued to do it."
    OP-"ROOOOOAAARRRR!!! NOBODY THREATENS THE MIGHTY THROGAR LIKE THIS!!! I WILL HAVE SOME HEDZ! YE SHALL ALL PERISH BENEATH MY BLADE."
    Blizzard CS-"Is there anything else I can help you with sir?"
    OP-"I HAVE THE BEST ATTORNEY MONEY CAN BUY! AND YOU SHALL HEAR FROM ME SOON! I AM GOING TO THE FORUMS!!!!"
    Op runs to mmo champ looking for moral support

So I told Mr. Rigole that I wanted to move forward with "informal negotiations", which is what Blizzards EULA requires.. So he tells me and I quote" You might not want to do that because there could be other outcomes you would not like". Are you kidding me. I mean seriously, the most you can do is ban my other accounts. Who cares.. Here is the what I sent them Blizzard can threaten and bully all they like. They can do nothing to me except take away a game I probably need to quit playing anyway.
    I'm just going to say that the attorney is probably right and you're being way too over dramatic to construe this as a threat. I mean I haven't read the EULA but there are things that are pretty standard in these types of contracts. For example, let's say your case is pretty weak and you decide to go to this arbitration. Well shit, you gotta pay an attorney to represent you which costs a lot for you for no real gain. But hey, you can go without an attorney right? Let's further assume that the case against you is still weak and you have no skills as an expert negotiator as the representative Blizzard will probably send out. Furthermore, let's say you loose; it wouldn't surprise me at all if the contract in question had an attorney fee shifting provision - meaning if you loose you have to pay Blizzard's attorney for wasting their time in this completely ridiculous 'case.'

All I'm saying, is that maybe in reality the attorney (although he obviously doesn't represent you) was giving you good advice and this wasn't some evil threat from the corporate fat cat's attorney. Chill out, you got banned and probably deserved it. It will cost you less just to get another account if you want to continue playing rather than taking on Blizzard's legal house.

The OP may be lying. However, I've experienced something similar.

I was recently banned for buying an Inscribed Red Fan for 4000g through a trade window.

I even appealed the process and was given an automated response stating that they still believed I had been buying/selling gold and/or botting. They would not undo the ban.

Only after being persistent in asking for further proof of my accused offense did they have someone actually look into it. Turns out you can be a 'false-positive' on their automated banning process/program.

Guilty until proven innocent.

I hope the OP can do something about his situation. Blizzard will more than likely win. Good luck.

Over hyping what they did or are doing and underselling what you are OP.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    And its painfully obvious your talking out your arse again. I dont have hate towards Blizz otherwise I wouldnt have bothered paying ungodly amounts on sub fees over the years. I very strongly dislike it when companies dont treat their playerbase with respect. As per usual though, say a word against a gaming company and ye' best prepare yourself for the onslaught that follows. Read the thread its full of sarcastic comments.
    I'm not talking out of my arse, the fact you decided to go logical fallacy on people shows how you have something against them. Weather that is dislike,loathing, hate or whatever is another matter. Don't act like Blizzard is the evil corporation and we're the man standing against them like heroic figures of Justice. You'd be better off doing that to EA then Blizzard.

Oh and people say things a lot against gaming companies, heck EA gets a lot of crap and other ones to. You are not proving a very effective argument, people are allowed to defend companies, Companies aren't the evils that posts like yours make them out to be.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

yeah seriously, lol.

Cuz u are only 1 player over millions of players.

We need a player corporation.

so, to your credit got fucked because of some guy who was botting but only got a ban for how long? was it a perma ban? i doubt it. but instead of taking it in stride, you go to a lawyer and HE tells you to drop it, and you take that as a threat? a threat of what exactly? and by outcome you might not like means AKA you will lose. plain and simple. you would lose. but no no go on and keep it up it'll make a good puff piece on reddit.

title: nerd takes on Blizz over a ban, loses, and gets banned FORVER!
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-01-07 at 08:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow that letter you sent them makes you look very childish and other things that i would get infracted for calling you so i wont say.....but yeah.

If the arbitrator sides with them (99% likely given the terms of the EULA) they CAN ask the arbitrator to award them damages equal to the costs they incurred dealing with your quixotic attempt to "prove them wrong". The bottom line is that Blizzard can terminate your account at any time, for any reason or no reason at all. Under normal circumstances, they would not just randomly kill an account. But if you force them into legal proceedings, they can and will fall back on that. And you will lose.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

This is what happens when you have a passive/aggressive angry nerd who doesn't confront issues in their day to day lives. People like this rage against percieved "bullies" online, but rarely do shit else. This dude is so full of shit.

If you're going to correct grammar, please make sure your post if flawless.
    is flawless.* Sorry, had to.

Anyway...I don't agree with either you or Blizzard. They are being a bully and you are being a whiner. There are much better ways to deal with this situation
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    "Hey, thanks for playing for 8 years and giving us $1,440.00 in subscription fees as well as buying all our xpacs and shit, now we're just gonna ban you for no real reason"

I feel like someone is breaking the law in there.
    Hey, thanks for renting this flat for 4 years, giving us £28,800, as well as all the minor fixture you did to the flat. Now we are selling the flat and you are going to homeless.

It is within their right to terminate the contract to sell the flat if it is stated in the contract they can terminate it for whatever reaosn anytime.

I couldn't go on anymore reading these stupid car analogies people were trying to make. Few things, 80% of the time when you buy a car you take out a loan to get it. Just a heads up it isn't your car it'st he banks car.

Now if you actually believe this story then I laugh at you. Why on earth would the head of Blizzards legal team be talking to players over the phone about accounts?

15+ Year Old Account
    At the end of the day, I will do whatever I need to do to prove they are wrong. I was not botting, buying gold or anything else. The only thing I did was buy herbs from a seller in /trade.
    You don't get permanently banned from the game for one little offense such as that. You aren't telling half of the story and only presenting one sided facts. Which is always the case in this situation.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."