Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Since the patch I've gone to a full haste reforge and am playing with AS/PE. I started the tier in close to full BiS T14hc gear so I figured my gear levels were probably at the "high" level recommended to try hasteforge. I've found it to be very pleasing so far- my burst in 10man is roughly 285k on a pull with heroism and all cooldowns, and on fights I can sustain on (Durumu, Council, Jinrok) I'm very high on the meters. Add swap fights are still our weakness with this spec and the forging out of mastery to haste means that our AoE spread with Fire Nova/Flame Shock is not quite as high, but Enh has never been an AoE king so I'm not particularly bothered by this. We're still single target beasts, and tbh this change to specs to encourage less rigidity is a good thing imo. There will be certain fights taking EM will probably be the way to go (Primodious, for example) which is nice as in the previous tier there were no fights where you'd even consider changing spec.
    Overall I'm quite happy with the changes, it's not taken that much adaptation imo and I'm quite excited for higher gear levels in T15. I was always a fan of the haste monster feel in ICC and like the feeling of Enh going back to that.

Deleted
    Gotten 2 tier pieces and Bad Juju (10m) and Im debating if I should swap to full haste build. Especially given that only a couple of fights actually require you to burst down a boss, such as Dark Animus but at the same time there is a large number of target switching encounters like Ji-kun if you are on the egg's group.

Also 2pc bonus feels weird. I hardcast LB MSWx4 then SS and sometimes i get 5 stacks instantly and shoot another one. Wouldn't a haste build somewhat reduce the slight control given to us by this bonus?

I'd also like to hear your opinions regarding the trinket from Lei Shen as I heard GC had a specific interest in it because of us and windwalkers i belive.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Gotten 2 tier pieces and Bad Juju (10m) and Im debating if I should swap to full haste build. Especially given that only a couple of fights actually require you to burst down a boss, such as Dark Animus but at the same time there is a large number of target switching encounters like Ji-kun if you are on the egg's group.

Also 2pc bonus feels weird. I hardcast LB MSWx4 then SS and sometimes i get 5 stacks instantly and shoot another one. Wouldn't a haste build somewhat reduce the slight control given to us by this bonus?

I'd also like to hear your opinions regarding the trinket from Lei Shen as I heard GC had a specific interest in it because of us and windwalkers i belive.
    I just got 2pc as well, tried it on a target dummy and maelstrom procs like crazy, and I felt that there are lots of wasted charges that i can't do anything about (playing with australian latency), thus, i feel that a haste build will make this issue more significant, or maybe we need to adjust to hardcast at even 3 maelstrom charges.

I also feel that sim for 2pc t15 is not working, as i sim significantly less than 4pc t14
    Last edited by Corixa; 2013-03-10 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Yes we should problably hardcast sooner and even though I don't have sims to back up my claims the loss of 15% crit for LB and LS drops the damage from a Echo+UF setup by quite alot.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I think haste is aim higher in t15 bis is because of the rppm stuff.. Until you get some of those mastery will most likely be better still

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 05:25 PM ----------

Yes we should problably hardcast sooner and even though I don't have sims to back up my claims the loss of 15% crit for LB and LS drops the damage from a Echo+UF setup by quite alot.
    I simmed with every talent combo with 2pc t15 and ee, uf still came up on top with a mastery build
    Last edited by Corixa; 2013-03-10 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats a good point.....more LB's via set bonus will get boosted with mastery more then haste also......personally I wouldn't stack haste above all else, find a happy medium between the two stats, aim for a cap of a certain % haste and then go max out mastery, or just focus on mastery.....its better on stuff like aoe, quick target switches, and for just all fights in general.....where haste IMO shines only on fights where you can stick to target for long periods of time.

I am curious how much the 10% haste on AS is helping us, as well as if the +Agility on EB made any difference.

As someone else pointed out, I do like the EoE/ULF combo because they are passive buffs and prefer it on most fights unless you really need controlled burst where EM/PE seems to make more sense.

PE has become much more preferred because of bonus damage buff and haste working on the elems right? I'm sure haste helps the LS procs from ULF WF also.

Deleted
    I'm quite pleased on the Enhancement now. ´We did Tortos last night, without Virmen's Bite I managed to get my initial burst to 500k and ended the fight ranking #9 enhance shaman on World of Logs. I could have weaved a few more Novas around but whatever, still glad on the numbers.
    I'm currently using EM/PE with FET glyph and around 9000 mastery/6000 haste. I also have gotten Bad Juju and the new VP trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you have wasted procs? ALWAYS cast lightning bolt before you do stormstrike. If you have 2p t15*

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falling View Post
    Why would you have wasted procs? ALWAYS cast lightning bolt before you do stormstrike. If you have 2p t15*
    I doubt i would be beneficial to cast lightning bolt even with 1-2 maelstrom stacks. You CAN actually get 5 stacks in 1 stormstrike if you're lucky, or close enough that a human wont notice the time difference.

Deleted
    I have a bit more than 12k mastery and 20% haste and if everything procs and crits on a pull I can get 360-390k dps. takes a while to drop down to 120ish tho. (Echo+UF)

Currently soaking the Bouncing Bolts and Static Shocks with a DK on one of Lei Shen's platforms I seriously recommend Healing Stream Glyph and Astral Shift otherwise you WILL die.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    been running EM/PM (glyphed FET) tonight and really liking it even for petchwerk type seems to line up pretty well with my trinket procs (bottle of infinite stars/ vicious Talisman of the shadow-pan assault)
    lots of cds to use for trinket procs/burn phase/stationary phases
    Last edited by Corixa; 2013-03-11 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Thats a good point.....more LB's via set bonus will get boosted with mastery more then haste also......personally I wouldn't stack haste above all else, find a happy medium between the two stats, aim for a cap of a certain % haste and then go max out mastery, or just focus on mastery.....its better on stuff like aoe, quick target switches, and for just all fights in general.....where haste IMO shines only on fights where you can stick to target for long periods of time.

I am curious how much the 10% haste on AS is helping us, as well as if the +Agility on EB made any difference.

As someone else pointed out, I do like the EoE/ULF combo because they are passive buffs and prefer it on most fights unless you really need controlled burst where EM/PE seems to make more sense.

PE has become much more preferred because of bonus damage buff and haste working on the elems right? I'm sure haste helps the LS procs from ULF WF also.
    For the moment, I'm running with AS/UF or AS/PE, on most fights. With the slight nerf to UF's LB damage debuff, it feels like the added haste is allowing me to ramp up maelstrom stacks more quickly, and get more LB casts off. It may just be that the added haste is simply making the maelstrom stacks happen more smoothly, as opposed to "dry" periods, followed by back-to-back 5-stacks of MSW.

The boost to elems from haste is insane, for burst phases. In 5.1, I would have crested at maybe slightly over 200k, on a non-gimmick burst phase. However, last night on Tsulong, if the parse is correct, then I apparently peaked over 303k, with a combo of AS+PE. I opted to take AS over EM, so that I'd have better dps on the sun phases.

I can't speak to EB, because I only tried it briefly, and couldn't stand the hardcasting aspect of it. If it was allowed to be instant, with MSWx5, then I might enjoy it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very lucky to have already obtained 4pc. Going to try haste build, as sim suggests 2x haste > agi for me. With more haste it is going to increase the 4pc uptime and also my primal fire elemental.

Quote Originally Posted by Corixa View Post
    I'm very lucky to have already obtained 4pc. Going to try haste build, as sim suggests 2x haste > agi for me. With more haste it is going to increase the 4pc uptime and also my primal fire elemental.
    Yeah from what I have read, gemming haste becomes the way to go when you go PE/EM or PE/AS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gemming haste over agility???
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Gemming haste over agility???
    looks that way according to sim, but will try in real raid and see how it goes
    Agi 4.24, crit 1.77, mastery 1.84, haste 2.16
    did a haste reforge plot and shows dps significantly increases with haste
    will reforge to haste and do another sim to see if i should regem haste

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 05:20 PM ----------

Actually, i dont think the sim is working for set bonuses atm, results look weird. Getting a massive dps loss upgrading 2x normal t14 to t15 and a 510 to 528 weapon

Does the 10% melee haste buff from AS factor into RPPM mechanics, or is it only "true" haste that affects RPPMs?

If AS doesn't boost RPPMs, then I can see why EM could be slightly better, even on a Patchwerk-type fight.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 06:55 PM ----------

Nevermind. I was actually able to find the answer, with a Google search:

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    The way I see it, EM and PE have the draw back of "fight length", while EotE and UF rettain its value regardless. In burst fights its a no brainer but on anything else you have to make a choice.
    If you take the fire elemental glyph, then the 1.5 min CD of EM lines up very nicely with the 3 min CD of the elemental, and the haste buff is huge, for the elemental's damage. Also, keep in mind that haste is huge, for RPPM mechanics, and our dancing steel enchants are RPPM-based, as are most, if not all of the trinkets in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Same thing goes with secondary stats, I don´t see too much evidence for an "all out haste" build. I, for one, am sticking to a balanced mastery/haste build and switching talents per fight. That makes more sence than sticking to a build beacause a sim with bis gear (which I dont have) puts out the biggest number (which is no were near what Im doing in reality) on a patchwerk fight (which most fight arent).

Now, just to be clear, I do recognise the merit, value and use of sims. I base my dessisions on the results of sims most of the time, but we have to be reasonable about it above all.
    Take a moment, and click on my armory link, please. Then, take note of my haste (42.75%) and mastery (44.63%) percentages. That's after relenting, and adopting an "all out haste" build (as opposed to my previous 18% haste, 49% mastery EotE/UF build). I currently have AS & PE. If I were to drop my AS talent, and pick up EM, then that melee haste becomes 32.75%, or 39.35% effective, if you treat EM as having a 22% uptime.

If you really want an even build, between mastery and haste, you'll likely find that you have to go all out haste, just to keep them close to even.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I can't speak to EB, because I only tried it briefly, and couldn't stand the hardcasting aspect of it. If it was allowed to be instant, with MSWx5, then I might enjoy it.
    EB is affected by maelstrom weapon and always has been.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Corixa View Post

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 05:20 PM ----------

Actually, i dont think the sim is working for set bonuses atm, results look weird. Getting a massive dps loss upgrading 2x normal t14 to t15 and a 510 to 528 weapon
    Any chance you could post the profiles you're using to draw this comparison (pastebin links would be fine) and/or provide any more specifics (e.g. how massive is "massive," what items, specifically, are you swapping around, perhaps a link to your armory, etc.)?
    Last edited by Nitwit; 2013-03-11 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    What!? I'll have to play around with it. Have you used it/have an opinion on it's viability?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:44 PM ----------

Any chance you could post the profiles you're using to draw this comparison (pastebin links would be fine) and/or provide any more specifics (e.g. how massive is "massive," what items, specifically, are you swapping around, perhaps a link to your armory, etc.)?
    lol dw, i was way too tired last night and have pvp trinket on (only just saw that)
    Last edited by Corixa; 2013-03-12 at 12:12 AM.