Question Resto VS Holy Pali

Quick question for the Resto Shams here. Right now we have a Holy Pali doing about 3 times the healing with 10 iLVL's lower in gear.

Are Holy Pali's just that much more OP or is the Shamy slacking?

I think it's safe to say that if Paladins were universally doing 3 times the healing of a Shaman in that much lower gear, it would have been addressed by Blizzard.

Obviously that Shaman isn't doing something right.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    I think it's safe to say that if Paladins were universally doing 3 times the healing of a Shaman in that much lower gear, it would have been addressed by Blizzard.
    Naaaaah.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Not throwing down healing rain enough prolly

op shaman

I just did Emperor in Vaults with a Pally and Monk and did half of all healing, with three healers. OT: I think not...

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

In a 10-men environment, a Holypala will most likely outheal you on every fight but only a bit if you play well. If the holy pala does 3 times as much healing as you, then the problem isn't iLvl oder Pala-OP'ness
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Holy pally mastery is going to reduce the overall effectiveness of shaman mastery. The shields will prevent health from dropping lower, thereby lowering the amount of healing bonus shaman mastery would apply.

Its also possible the raid is outgearing those fights and just not taking that much damage. - though really, if you are clearing the raids and downing bosses, shouldn't matter much, enjoy your loot.

Prolly not using HST on cd and managing his other cds if he can't keep up. I OS resto and have no problem keeping up in healing with our paladin, that being said its also fight/stat priority dependant.
    do what you feel.

The Patient
    Don't know the exact setup here but when I heal on my shaman together with our holy pala in 10man we are more or less neck and neck or very close to eachother. Is this on all fights or is it a specific fight? Some of the fights now produce slighlty wonky results (garajal, sha of fear etc) due to phases and being far away from eachother. If you three heal encounters it will be alot worse.

But if your shaman is constantly doing 1/3 of the healing of the pala in encounter after encounter then yes something is wrong; or your paladin is just awesome. Does this large difference is number cause wipes or is it just an observation? If it doesn't cause wipes I guess its more of a non issue really.
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-01-08 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks for all your input. Pretty much every attempt on any boss the Pali is ahead by a landslide. I just noticed this when we continually wiped on Garalon, I just casually checked some numbers and that jumped out at me. Then I went to world of logs and saw this happening everywhere. I will try and find the WoL link for you guys.

The Patient
    Which Garalon tactic do you use then? 2 or 3 healers? Do healers run with the pheremones? Does he use all this totems (stream, tide, bulwark)? More then once? Ascendance? What is his uptime for riptide? Is it glyphed?

It shouldnt be a landslide, it might be a few % if they are similar geared etc but not a tiny fraction of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardduc View Post
    Thanks for all your input. Pretty much every attempt on any boss the Pali is ahead by a landslide. I just noticed this when we continually wiped on Garalon, I just casually checked some numbers and that jumped out at me. Then I went to world of logs and saw this happening everywhere. I will try and find the WoL link for you guys.
    Garalon is just a fight where Holy Paladins are very strong due to Eternal Flame.