Blade Lord Heroic 10 Man

We're running into some trouble on Heroic Blade Lord. Our best attempt so far we got him to about 33%, so we haven't even gotten to tornado phase yet. At that time he had 5 stacks of intensify. I'm not sure if that is too slow or not -- should we be getting him down quicker?

Another problem is that our 3 healers are having trouble keeping people up who have the wind step DOT. We don't have a holy paladin (we have disc priest, resto shaman, resto druid), or any paladins in our raid at all actually, so there's no hand of protection. It seems like sometimes people who have wind step will die after blade tempest (even if they don't get hit by the blade tempest itself, it's just that healing drops off while everyone is running), or at other times. We're having the wind step people stay out of unseen strikes.

We're starting at one end of the hallway and slowly move down to the other end as the area fills up with tornadoes.

Here's our log (I can't post links so there's an extra space): worldoflogs. com/reports/6gm4puiw2ulpsqnf/?s=3232&e=3573

If anyone has any advice/ideas, it would be appreciated. We've only put about 20 attempts in so far, but we were expecting to do a bit better than we have, and we're not quite sure how to fix the problems we're running into.

Quote Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
    We're running into some trouble on Heroic Blade Lord. Our best attempt so far we got him to about 33%, so we haven't even gotten to tornado phase yet. At that time he had 5 stacks of intensify. I'm not sure if that is too slow or not -- should we be getting him down quicker?

Another problem is that our 3 healers are having trouble keeping people up who have the wind step DOT. We don't have a holy paladin (we have disc priest, resto shaman, resto druid), or any paladins in our raid at all actually, so there's no hand of protection. It seems like sometimes people who have wind step will die after blade tempest (even if they don't get hit by the blade tempest itself, it's just that healing drops off while everyone is running), or at other times. We're having the wind step people stay out of unseen strikes.

We're starting at one end of the hallway and slowly move down to the other end as the area fills up with tornadoes.

Here's our log (I can't post links so there's an extra space): worldoflogs. com/reports/6gm4puiw2ulpsqnf/?s=3232&e=3573

If anyone has any advice/ideas, it would be appreciated. We've only put about 20 attempts in so far, but we were expecting to do a bit better than we have, and we're not quite sure how to fix the problems we're running into.
    Basically the problem is that your disc priest isnt using Spirit Shell, the spec's strongest and most important cooldown.
    Tell him to look at THIS page and compare his healing breakdown to that of OUR PRIEST.

Yes we also have a paladin (me) but on our kill I hadn't even needed to use HoP and ended up just popping it on the last two wind steps because fuck it why not. The healing was extremely easy and we killed it on our 8th attempt after our priest went disc.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2013-01-07 at 10:33 PM.

Deleted
    Seems like a problem with your healing cooldowns. Have your druid have rejuvenation and lifebloom stacks 3x on every windstepped person. Also, make sure everybody is spread so you don't get multiple cleaved steps. During stacks I think it would be benefitial if you could time your CD's, with a disc priest you can shield the whole raid right before the unseen strike and don't receive (close to) any damage. Remember to spam heal windstepped person, because he's the one that's kind of the hardest to keep up. Thats basically it, try to time your cooldowns better with your disc priest and have your wind stepped target at full hp the whole time, make sure nobody gets hit bij other unneccessary damage, tornado's, double wind step, etc.

That makes sense, I'll talk to the healers, esp. our priest. Thanks!
    Last edited by Herschel; 2013-01-07 at 10:49 PM.

More tips!

Make sure the Wind Stepped player doesnt have the debuff from PW:S when Blade Tempest hits.
    A 100k bubble with HoTs and a PoM will keep him/her alive during the Tempest sprint.

There's no reason people with Wind Step should die during Blade Tempest with your healing comp. You have a plethora of instant heals, and strong ones for that matter - Riptide, PW:S, and Rejuv. You can even throw Renew on the target; it's decent for Disc now, and there are really no mana issues on the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your shaman can use CD's like Healiningtide and Spiritwalker Grace for healing the blade tempests, small CD's like Healing Stream totem will help either ... As the other folks mentioned Spirit Shell is a absolute overkill for this encounter and cheeses the unseen strike mechanic.

Please keep in mind, that you can use the "Slipstream"-winds on the sides for the second run in P2 - you will also safe some time when you have spirit shell stacked up when he's whirling you ...