Monk talent improvements

I do like the monk talents but there are some that don't make too much sense.

(Momentum) each roll stacks 25% movement speed up to 2 stacks but i feel obligated to roll twice to make the ability viable.
    I think momentum's roll needs to give 50% movement speed for each roll rather then stacking 25% twice.

(Chi burst) doesn't feel good next to chi wave and zen sphere. chi burst does bigger heal but in the long term its weak doesn't heal well overall
    chi burst needs to be a bigger heal and cooldown for patch 5.2, 15 second cooldown next to chi wave's cooldown

(Chi brew) i wouldn't use as a brewmaster or mistweaver, chi brew isn't a consistent nor a burst only able to get get 4 chi so that's only 2 abilities
    that normally cost 2 chi example blackout kick and rising sun kick
    Chi brew should be able to make all abilities that require chi to cost no chi for 8 seconds which will make chi brew a better burst and will be more
    worth it to wait 1.5min cooldown a viable burst

(Power strikes) is 20 second cooldown but i feel 20 seconds is wait too long pulling big mobs and boss fights when in desperate need of chi
    either make power strikes a 10 second cooldown or keep power strikes 20 second cooldown but generate 2 chi instead

(Healing elixirs) is a heal next to 2 defensive talent abilities, dampen harm and Diffuse magic, kind of feels silly.
    Change healing elixirs, every 18 seconds you take damage you heal 15% of your maximum health, that way its more of a defensive heal

(Rushing jade wind) is an aoe buts its a 30 second cooldown don't find it useful at all pvp or pve as a rotation.
    Change rushing jade wind 20 second cooldown also when casting rushing jade wind it will continue to spin and last 10 seconds spinning a radius
    of 10 yards after casting, also snaring all targets that get hit

Also Rushing jade wind heal all friendly targets(mistweaver only)

(Invoke Xuen, the white tiger) is very good dps, tank and pvp but not too useful for healing
    Also make invoke xuen heal as well (mistweaver only)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by James007 View Post
    I do like the monk talents but there are some that don't make too much sense.

(Momentum) each roll stacks 25% movement speed up to 2 stacks but i feel obligated to roll twice to make the ability viable.
    I think momentum's roll needs to give 50% movement speed for each roll rather then stacking 25% twice.
    You mean the simple fact that rolling moves you 15+ feet isn't good enough and then you run faster isn't good enough? 25% is great; add a foot faster moving speed and then once your first roll speed boost is almost expired, use your second one for another 8-10 seconds for an average speed boost of 37.5% + boot speed boost for <20 seconds. Chances are, if roll doesn't save you from a boss mechanic, you were definitely not standing in the right spot to begin with. Also, rolling away in PVP is like blink only you get two of them plus a speed bonus. GG.

(Power strikes) is 20 second cooldown but i feel 20 seconds is wait too long pulling big mobs and boss fights when in desperate need of chi
    either make power strikes a 10 second cooldown or keep power strikes 20 second cooldown but generate 2 chi instead
    It's comparable to Ascension and you'll see arguments for both all over this forum. Many say it's a QoL decision which is exactly Blizzards intent (in all 3 specs)

(Invoke Xuen, the white tiger) is very good dps, tank and pvp but not too useful for healing
    Also make invoke xuen heal as well (mistweaver only)
    It does heal already. If you have Xuen attacking and /dance, you'll still be healing via your pet. Why else would any healer pick it ever?

first of all, all damage you deal also heals (eminance!), wich holds true for Xuen and RJW. they do not need an additional heal component. if it snares, it will be the only talent on that tier that has a CC component, which is bad for PvP balancing.

Powerstrikes is fine as it is. it is balanced for BrM (slightly the best) and also okey for MW.

Chi Brew is also okey. 8 seconds of no chi costs? that would be to OP i'm afraid. that would result in a Uplift spamm (ie 16 free chi) or enveloping spamm. a bit to OP.
    even so, 4 Chi is a nice on demand burst. if you have 4 chi ready allready, you can chain 4 uplifts, which is allread a ton of healing. this talent is probably the least used (as it's not so great for BrM/WW), could maybe use some tweaking, but I find it's still a viable choice as MW

I do agree on the healing elixiers one though, It is in a weird place, and is probably only used for leveling...

No point argueing about chi burst, because thats going to change soon anyway, and we'll have to thoroughly test it first.
    I think it will be fine, as the talents fill different roles. (ZS for tankhealing, CW for spot/tankealing [prolly better for 10s] and CB for raidwide burst healing [for 25s, as chance higher to hit 10 people]).

and Momentum is fine as mentioned above. if you want a higher (but shorter) boost, there fixing tigers lust to cost no chi on 5.2 :-)

I don't like the change to chi burst. Its new form isn't enough healing to think of it as a healing cooldown, and its cooldown is too long to think of it a core spell. Particularly given the positioning requirements.

I don't like that they're removing the chi cost of the L30 talents. They were better when they were a direct competition for spending the chi on other abilities - the situational intent of the talents got to shine through. Now, it'll just be that button you press every 15 seconds for free healing. Maybe the new Zen Sphere will be compelling (I haven't yet tested it), but as it stands the 'meaningful choice' aspect of the tier has been severely reduced with the removal of the chi costs. Beyond that, something named "Chi Wave" should cost Chi. Because..Chi Wave. Why name it Chi Wave if it has nothing to do with chi?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Beyond that, something named "Chi Wave" should cost Chi. Because..Chi Wave. Why name it Chi Wave if it has nothing to do with chi?
    well Chi Torpedo doesn't cost Chi. so what? does Sinister Strike on your Rouge make you brighter/nicer (because you are spending your "sinister-ness") ?
    Chi Burst healing for 500k as a free cast (when hitting 10+ people), whats wrong with that? it's not a rotational heal spell, nor a big CD. just as Chi Torpedo is. or Xuen. whats wrong with that