Is Death Knight the easiest tank class to play?

I only tanked as a Death Knight in recent years, so I'm honestly curious. When I play my Rogue I notice that Warrior, Monk, Paladin tanks etc. don't deal near as much damage as my Blood DK, and anytime my Rogue gets a Blood DK for his tank I notice his cleave damage is insane.

Also when I'm playing my Blood DK and my healer / group dies, I can usually keep myself alive for a long time on my Blood Death Knight through self heals (vamp blood + rune taps, death pact, lichborne, etc.). I notice for other tanking classes it seems like if their healer dies they drop really fast.

Just curious if DK is the easiest tanking class to play in general, or if they just excel at 5 mans?

Deleted
    Just bad tanks, Prot Warr atm cant really die in 5mans if played properly, and their damage should be higher than Bloods. The thing i have found is Bloods abilities deal alot of damage from 0 vengeance, but other classes do shit damage without vengeance. And then again with superhigh veng, Bloods are the worst damage. Stupid Scaling issues wich have been in the game from the day they did bring Vengeance.. Its just one big stupid mechanic, that could be good when balanced but for some reason Blizz doesnt give a shit.

I wouldnt say DK is the easiest, they must be one of the harder ones with Rune management? At snap AoE they seem to be the top dog. Id say from easiest to hardest
    -> Pala, Druid, Warrior, DK, Monk
    This is for Raids, 5mans should be easy anyways

5.2 Fixes some Prot Warrior scaling issues but thats just tip of the iceberg.

About Prot Warr surviv, i soloed the last 7% of Blade Lord Tayak 10man

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs are the easiest to learn, but hard to master. Paladins come quite close since everything there lights up for you.

From my experience tanking on several toons, DKs likely have the highest skill cap to play perfectly, but seem quite easy to play to a new player because all you have to do is lol death strike. We have the most cds to manage and unfortunately, offer little to no raid utility. We are also one of the only tanks that has to significantly sacrifice survivability for aoe damage. We also have the most complex and interesting resource system in the game imo, at least if we're talking about min/maxing your resources.

In general dks are easy to play and difficult to master.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaul2013 View Post
    I only tanked as a Death Knight in recent years, so I'm honestly curious. When I play my Rogue I notice that Warrior, Monk, Paladin tanks etc. don't deal near as much damage as my Blood DK, and anytime my Rogue gets a Blood DK for his tank I notice his cleave damage is insane.

Also when I'm playing my Blood DK and my healer / group dies, I can usually keep myself alive for a long time on my Blood Death Knight through self heals (vamp blood + rune taps, death pact, lichborne, etc.). I notice for other tanking classes it seems like if their healer dies they drop really fast.

Just curious if DK is the easiest tanking class to play in general, or if they just excel at 5 mans?
    easiest to pick up hardest to master.

DKs have more self heals but tend to take more damage. They are better at surviving a healer death in a dungeon, but in raids it's not much of a factor.

In terms of DPS that's just Vengeance buddy. Blizzard made it so tanks top DPS meters. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    DKs have more self heals but tend to take more damage. They are better at surviving a healer death in a dungeon, but in raids it's not much of a factor.

In terms of DPS that's just Vengeance buddy. Blizzard made it so tanks top DPS meters. Sigh.
    tank DPS wont scale much thru to 5.4 where damage dealers DPS will. so the tank DPS you see now is about what you will see in 5.4

For me I found Monk the hardest to be good at (not average, good). Then I'd say DK > warrior=pally.

Edit: Though yes, DK's excel in 5 mans. I've soloed a few bosses when the group fails at moving away from things on the ground.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-01-08 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

No they don't except for gimmick fights. It may just be that you aren't very good. The only dungeons I get beaten on by the tanks are ones where massive chain pulls happen and if that happens then kudos to the tank and healer. The only fight I outdamage dps on as a tank currently is the 4th fight in hof.

10+ Year Old Account
    DKs are the easiest, Paladins practically touching eyebrows thanks to Sacred Shield. DKs have better burst defense and Paladins have better sustain defense.

Hardest is obviously Brewmaster. If it weren't for the addition of Second Wind and Shield Barrier Warriors would be sitting at the bottom again. Druids are in the middle somewhere but are stupid-easy to gear and can put out probably the most damage of any tank.

Doesn't matter how many buttons you have, it matter show many you need to press to do your job. If pressing more lets you do your job better than someone else, you're easier to play.

Rage is still the most difficult resource system. Time won't fix its errors unlike other class resource systems.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah they are the easiest but if youre perfect you can be so good