Thread: Mastery help

Mastery help

I have been having issues with my masteries lately. It confuses me on how to set up my masteries. Whether to set them up per champion, or should I set them generically per situation?

What I mean by this is should I have say pages for top lane Panth, Garen, Darius, and Shen separately. Or set up my masteries for Top vs AD/AP/CC/Regen..ect..ect
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-26 at 06:48 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    I have a pre-set for nearly every lane (some a champion specific because they require a different set of runes/masteries than other's).

But if I have to make a small change (such as running Exhaust instead of Flash), I change the masteries. Or if I have to run MR instead of Armor in a specific lane or the other way around and so on, you get the idea.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/29361570#history
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-01-26 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I set up my masteries per role or lane with the exceptions of a few champions like Dr. Mundo where I have a specific jungling tree for him.

A lot of the pros or high elo players just make a new mastery tree before every game since they are playing draft and can see who they will be laning against. That is the optimal way to do it once you have a good understanding of pretty much every matchup.

Though for basically everyone else there is nothing wrong with having a bunch of pages that are generic for certain roles/lanes.

Take a good look at every mastery point and then look at some masteries of pros (solomid, lolpro etc) and try to understand the reason behind those masteries.

Understanding what you can do with your masteries is a great and easy way to give you a little advantage in lane. I think I haven't had more than one single mastery page since they had this annoying bug which always selected the first mastery page no matter what. If you use the mouse wheel you can do your masteries in less than 10seconds easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, just make an AP bruiser mastery page and play Elise gg.

Seriously, masteries take more into account than your lane phase. Figure out what your team needs, will they need a tankier person, damage, etc. Read up on a few things because to be honest it's all over the internet.

P.S. Pandragon, if you become pro can I have half of your salary?
    Hey everyone

@Meteo: The problem with looking at pros is that they play a specific role for their team. Take TheOddOne for example. He is his teams jungler, so he builds mostly for jungling with a couple pages for another lane when he does solo queue. I can't do that, I have to play all lanes regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Look, just make an AP bruiser mastery page and play Elise gg.

Seriously, masteries take more into account than your lane phase. Figure out what your team needs, will they need a tankier person, damage, etc. Read up on a few things because to be honest it's all over the internet.

P.S. Pandragon, if you become pro can I have half of your salary?
    I hate elise.

That's what I mean by situation instead of per champion.

also I don't need that last sarcastic line.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-26 at 06:30 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    also I don't need that last sarcastic line.
    Who says I was being sarcastic. :P

Anyone can reach that level but I digress. I was just messing around.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    @Meteo: The problem with looking at pros is that they play a specific role for their team. Take TheOddOne for example. He is his teams jungler, so he builds mostly for jungling with a couple pages for another lane when he does solo queue. I can't do that, I have to play all lanes regularly.
    And where is the problem? You look at the generals mastey pages and get an idea how they should look like when jungling. Now you look at scarras mastery pages and get an idea what the mastery page could look like in mid and so on.

If you are too inflexible to remake your masteries each game, create some preset masteries and leave one page open which you can edit whenever you think you need masteries which aren't preset.

If you're not trying to go for diamond you can easily have a stock AD carry build, stock AP build etc. I've personally found that support champions require more diverse mastery pages than ADC/APC/bruisers.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    Scrolling with mouse change masteries. I don't see how you would have problem to select them in over 60 seconds time frame.
    Selecting them all over again might at least make some people question their choice, unless they copycat for a reason that "pros pick those masteries"...