Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

most overused/overrated ult?

hey guys, just thought i see what peoples opinions' are on this topic. what do you think is the most overused ult? most overrated ult?

i personally have to give it to ezreals. i watch quite a few games in the client, ranked and normal both, and i see it used almost everytime it off cooldown. sometimes just to clear a measley 5 or 6 creeps. while i have seen some fairly impressive shots with it the fails ive seen with it far outweigh the hits.

which leads me to my next question sort of off topic but on the topic of ezreals ult. a lot of times i see ezreals use it to clear a creep wave almost within the next 20-30 secs a team fight will ultimately break out and i cant help but think that if they had saved it they could have possibly won said team fight.

anyways just some random discussion to see what you guys think

Well, with Ezreals Ult as an example. I have seen bad ones, but clearing only 5 minions isn't always a bad thing. Especially not if your turret is being pressured by left-over minions. Or when your minions are closing on a low hp turret.

Deleted
    Ezreal's ult has a very low cooldown which is further shortened by his Q. That's why it's spammed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ezreal's ult has a very low cooldown which is further shortened by his Q. That's why it's spammed.

i understand that, it just seems like most of the time its used and then a fight breaks out where it would have benefitted more than just using it to clear a small creep wave.

obviously i understand the logic in using it if theres a good number of creeps on your turret and im not saying it shouldnt be used like this. i just think its one of the most abused spells in the game and used more recklessly than it should be

lux ult lol

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    I am guilty of farming with ez's ult then really wishing I had it in the team fight invariably breaks out in the next twenty seconds.

I would have to say lux's. It has the same thing as Ez's though. It's long range, it does massive damage and it has a super super short cooldown. So it's not really overusing it if it's back up in 26 seconds.

Most overrated ult goes to Jarvan. It's buggy and it has the potential to kill your whole team if you are good with it. It is good fun to use though.

Most overrated ult has to be Karthus'. "Its so OP it kills your whole team 3 times anywhere on the map and kills baron too!!!"

Deleted
    Guys, you're forgetting one important detail.
    Overused, i.e. used too often.
    Which can only mean one thing.
    Teemo Shrooms.
    They're everywhere™

Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Guys, you're forgetting one important detail.
    Overused, i.e. used too often.
    Which can only mean one thing.
    Teemo Shrooms.
    They're everywhere™
    If we're going there...Udyr and Jayce would like to have a word with you!

Deleted
    Most overrated I'd say is Ziggs ultimate.
    Sure it can hit very far, but it's so easy to dodge, it ain't even funny.
    It's damage isn't even that great either.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well I was thinking teemo's R is more of an ult than Jayce/Nida/Elise/Udyr...
    Weapon change doesn't really count for this I feel like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Karma would like to have a word too.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Karma would like to have a word too.
    Karma who?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Monado View Post
    Karma who?
    She's a bitch that no one loves. Her ult can be up every 12 seconds with 40% CDR, making it not as overused as Urdurr's, but it's close.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Irelia's ult.
    ?!

It's great using it to clear creep waves since it heals you, good for trading, has a low mana cost and does massive damage and has a really short CD. Wouldn't say it's overrated :P

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Phreak, Malphite isn't that great of a champ becuase his ult isn't reliable.
    IMO, Darius's ult is annoying and over-used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darius of course It's only okay to spam it when I'm playing him!

Other than that.... Not that you see her all that often any more, but whenever I used to see an Annie... she seemed to have Tibbers up more often than not..

Of course the evil that is Lux Ult....
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Overused: If we're going on actual wording, Teemo's. But Lux's is used all the damn time, too.
    Overrated: Darius' or Karthus'. Fo sho.
    There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

Overused? Amumu. He is god damn everywhere now.
    Also Blitz's ult has a pretty short cooldown, so if you get grabbed, you risk getting zapped every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I am guilty of farming with ez's ult then really wishing I had it in the team fight invariably breaks out in the next twenty seconds.

I would have to say lux's. It has the same thing as Ez's though. It's long range, it does massive damage and it has a super super short cooldown. So it's not really overusing it if it's back up in 26 seconds.

Most overrated ult goes to Jarvan. It's buggy and it has the potential to kill your whole team if you are good with it. It is good fun to use though.
    I'm too paranoid to do this, and when I do, I suffer the consequences with a team fight shortly after using it.