Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Frost DW weapon rules

    Are there any general rules when deciding which weapon goes into MH and which weapon goes in OH as a DW Frost DK?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Are there any general rules when deciding which weapon goes into MH and which weapon goes in OH as a DW Frost DK?
    Put your best weapon in the MH as it will be doing most of the white hits

  3. #3
    As a point of clarification, the MH weapon should be that which has the highest damage per second, which is usually the weapon with the highest ilvl.

    Also, you should put Razorice on the MH and Fallen Crusader on OH.

  4. #4
    Okay, seems clear enough, although I've seen people say that using that the best combo to go for is Elegon Axe in MH and Sha Touched Sword in OH, why?

  5. #5
    sha touched is lfr one perhaps? (and hence lower ilvl compared to normal one from elegon).

  6. #6
    The best combo is kil'rak in one hand and scimitar in the other. Once gemmed, the scimitar is better than the kil'rak if you ignore the 500 str gem, so you don't want to just get two kil'raks. The elegon axe has a lower itemlvl than either.

  7. #7
    If we get to put prismatic sockets on two kil'raks then double kil'rak will be better, but hopefully that won't end up happening.

  8. #8
    Yeah that is highly unlikely.

  9. #9
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    If we get to put prismatic sockets on two kil'raks then double kil'rak will be better, but hopefully that won't end up happening.
    Well, you could stick the 500 strength gem in one kil'rak and affix the prismatic socket to the other kil'rak... it does have slightly better stats than scimitar does...
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  10. #10
    I could, except that would be a damage loss.

    I'd rather just have a 500 strength gem and prismatic socket in the same kil'rak and a scimitar in the other hand, that offers the most overall stats if we only get to use one extra prismatic socket.

  11. #11
    Over 9000! Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    9,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I could, except that would be a damage loss.

    I'd rather just have a 500 strength gem and prismatic socket in the same kil'rak and a scimitar in the other hand, that offers the most overall stats if we only get to use one extra prismatic socket.
    Yeah, you're right. My brain conked out on that one.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah, you're right. My brain conked out on that one.
    apparently you can put prismatics on two kilraks now.
    so bis is now kilrak/kilrak?

    edit: well you can buy more than one prismatic slot. not sure if you can put it on two weapons at the same time
    Last edited by bals; 2013-01-09 at 04:55 AM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    apparently you can put prismatics on two kilraks now.
    so bis is now kilrak/kilrak?

    edit: well you can buy more than one prismatic slot. not sure if you can put it on two weapons at the same time
    Only in one weapon. But it will get changed soon.

    Eye of the Black Prince Issue
    There’s currently no way to obtain an additional Eye of the Black Prince, and we’re aware it can create a situation where people are deterred from wanting to upgrade their items. That’s not the intent, we want you to use it and enjoy the upgrade then and there, and so we’re looking into a way for players to obtain additional sockets similar to how you can purchase additional legendary gems.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Only in one weapon. But it will get changed soon.
    it's already in, why i was asking
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ce-now-buyable
    http://i.imgur.com/7HvLb.jpg stolen from that thread
    Last edited by bals; 2013-01-09 at 07:07 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    it's already in, why i was asking
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ce-now-buyable
    http://i.imgur.com/7HvLb.jpg stolen from that thread
    Nice! Damn they work fast.

  16. #16
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    859
    Anyone got 2x kilraks, the eye and some extra cash to see if equipping 2 is possible? :-D
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  17. #17
    Well, the +500 gems are still Unique-Equipped, so that definitely lowers the overall value right there. I dunno what the questline will be pushing us for this time, but one would have to assume it would be upgrading the weapon, as a whole, to something better... otherwise it will be getting benched pretty damn inevitably in 5.2's raid tier. And I bet that the upgraded weapon will be Unique-Equipped, just for that reason too: to prevent dual-wielders from having to concern themselves with getting double legendaries and having to pay extra gold just to be "on-par".
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Well, the +500 gems are still Unique-Equipped, so that definitely lowers the overall value right there.
    quite the opposite in fact.
    Kilrak is itemized as not having a socket, so it has higher base stats than Scimitar (80 str, 80 secondary stats).
    Because of this it has even better stats when upgraded, +86 str and +86 secondary stats difference.
    However, with the gem socket, Scimitar is better.
    If we can add a prismatic socket to two Kilraks, then Kilrak/Kilrak will be better.
    Last edited by bals; 2013-01-09 at 09:09 AM.

  19. #19
    Dreadlord vmagik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Acherus
    Posts
    859
    Nobody knows yet if equipping 2x socketed kilraks is possible then? ... Didnt valor cap over Xmas so am 2 weeks away from the eye and still only have 1x 1h weapon in the bank ATM, "yay"

    As bals said... If it's possible then I'll be going for 2x kilraks rather than scimitar offhand
    Amazing signature courtesy of Shyama

  20. #20
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Grand Rapids
    Posts
    15
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/anachronos/Rhiannon/simple Yes (shamelessly stolen from the thread linked earlier, lol)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •