Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

why even do random BGS?

they have become such a joke, just entered one and I shit you not, I was the only real player out of 10 on my team and allys only had 2 real players.. so 20 players.. 17 bots,,

I stealthed to LH and just took it and laughed at all the ally bots coming, taking it. and moving off over and over, blizz needs to sort this asap,

http://i46.tinypic.com/672xas.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc50cda6f559; 2013-01-08 at 02:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think blizzards finally realising how bad it is, im sure ive seen some quotes from blues saying that botting seems to have increased in MoP. Whether they will fix it any time soon, i doubt it.

I always avoid BFG, as in blacklist it, unless I have a full 5 man premade as its the one I find to have the most bots to player ratio.

The newer BG's don't seem to have any or very few bots at the moment so I've been queuing specifically aimimg to get the 100 wins achievements.

Bots = subscription = business

I think you will understand where I'm going with this.

Deleted
    I think most people have just outplayed wow and they don't care if they get banned or not,, there is so many botting their ass's off, if they get away with it. they get gear and will do some bgs fully geared.. if they get caught and banned they just say fuck it and quit,

sad to see..

10+ Year Old Account
    i reallly havnt seen that much botting this xpac compared to cata but i guess that just me
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

Very short term way of thinking. Bots = More frustrated players = people taking to botting themselves or canceling their subs = Less people, longer waiting times, people seeing less of an reason to keep playing = even less players.

Bots are capable of killing a game because they take the fun out of it for everyone not botting. There's no point in playing with bots at all. Just had an AB where about 12/15 - 13/15 people were bots. The other side was horrible equipped, had no coordination and played abysmal but they still won because those bots simply ran around as one big group zerging a single base.

Surprised they haven't decided to award justice/valor instead of honor yet as it is practically PvE now..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

***sry for bad english***

First of all, its a true story, bot exist but....

there is another true story and maybe more relevant : ppl who are losing their BGS always say "its full of bot"....

Im doing pvp since two years, almost only pvp, I do lot of random BGS with friends and without them, I see more ppl QQ for bottting than bot.

And if bot are so many, you should have approximately the same % on your team as in the opposite team.

On last 2/3 mounth, I enjoy writing on every BG chat (at the start) "say 111 if you are not a bot" (or something similar) 10ppl/10ppl write 111 and.....suspance...10 min after (with the same players)there is always someone QQing because our team is full of bot....lolz

If you are losing It's not always for BOT...

play with premade of 5 friends
    queue 10m bg (usually cta)
    have fun
    win every bg
    have more fun

I don't see many bots. There are still a LOT of bad players. Might as well be playing with bots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    play with premade of 5 friends
    queue 10m bg (usually cta)
    have fun
    win every bg
    have more fun
    Because there's always 5 people around and having to be forced to queue with others constantly to be able to play is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by strangerdanger View Post
    I don't see many bots. There are still a LOT of bad players. Might as well be playing with bots.
    How about you actually pay attention? No idea if it is worse on the European realms but the last !7! games I might aswell not have played because from the very beginning I never stood a chance at winning them. We're queueing with two people currently and at times we're the only ones who aren't bots.

Playing Warsong when only two people actually make it out of the flagroom isn't fun. Knowing that 8 people stand around at the exit mounting up with 1-2 minutes delay and you might aswell look for a cozy corner to hide in till the game is over.

Playing Silvershard Mine with 7 Bots, none of them above 300k hp getting farmed by the Alliance 5 man group in the middle isn't fun either.

Losing Arathi twice in a row because you don't have enough players to put at least one at each base with the rest being a giant zerg ball.

Up to MoP I had victory rates of around 70-80% on some maps random. Now I'm down to 60% and it will soon plummet further because I'm losing one game after another because of bots. These aren't bad players, they're bots. They obvious as hell and people denying their existance either get kicks out of getting wins thrown at them because they're lucky or are botting themselves.
    Even a horrible, horrible player will in most cases contribute more to an game then a bot does. The only battleground where bots are even remotely usefull are capture the flag ones because they're destroying everything as a giant zerg ball because they all have the exact same target value thus tunneling a single target into the ground if they're decently equipped.

I'm playing since end TBC. I've had quite a few pauses for different reasons but this is the very first time I'm completly fed up with the game and can't eat as much as I want to puke. Getting the Bot banned by making it illegal isn't good enough, these people need to lose their accounts once and for all. Nothing short of that is going to stop them from botting in the future once the next bot pops up.

I've seen quite a few people call out people in my BGs for being bots. It usually follows with the accused person making a snarky comment.

There are quite a few bots, but not as much as people make it out to be. Of course the OP's post is an extreme case.

Regardless, Blizzard needs to step up bot prevention. I think a scare tactic would be the best thing to do. Huge ban wave that goes public. Kind of like in mid-Cata, and all of Arena Junkies exploded with QQ posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    ***sry for bad english***

First of all, its a true story, bot exist but....

there is another true story and maybe more relevant : ppl who are losing their BGS always say "its full of bot"....

Im doing pvp since two years, almost only pvp, I do lot of random BGS with friends and without them, I see more ppl QQ for bottting than bot.

And if bot are so many, you should have approximately the same % on your team as in the opposite team.

On last 2/3 mounth, I enjoy writing on every BG chat (at the start) "say 111 if you are not a bot" (or something similar) 10ppl/10ppl write 111 and.....suspance...10 min after (with the same players)there is always someone QQing because our team is full of bot....lolz

If you are losing It's not always for BOT...
    This guy for President.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

While Bots are annoying, they should be evenly distributed among the two factions, so if you are constantly losing it probably isn't due to bots.

However, PVP in general has become much less enjoyable with the sheer amount of CC in the game now. If often seems like I spend more time out of control of my character than not. I realize my DK is often the first kill target so that may contribute somewhat, but I also realized that I don't have fun in random BGs anymore and end up logging off more angry than I was before I started playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanson71 View Post
    I've seen quite a few people call out people in my BGs for being bots. It usually follows with the accused person making a snarky comment.

There are quite a few bots, but not as much as people make it out to be. Of course the OP's post is an extreme case.

Regardless, Blizzard needs to step up bot prevention. I think a scare tactic would be the best thing to do. Huge ban wave that goes public. Kind of like in mid-Cata, and all of Arena Junkies exploded with QQ posts.
    Sorry but no, these people aren't bad players or come up with snarky comments, they are bots plain and simple. It's not people zerging somewhere in the middle simply being brain dead they're genuine bots. They always behave the same, they do the exact same thing every single bg, they are obvious as hell if you look at a few things that give them away right away and make a clear distinction between an bot and someone simply being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    While Bots are annoying, they should be evenly distributed among the two factions, so if you are constantly losing it probably isn't due to bots.
    No bots aren't destributed evenly amongst the factions, first of all you're assuming both factions do have even numbers when BG queue times clearly show they don't. Also they're mostly distributed at random, you might have 9 or 0 in your team, it is completly up to (bad) luck.
    When playing my Alliance rogue for example I do have some, but by far nowhere neat the numbers I encounter on my Horde shaman. Invite times for my rogue are pretty much instant, my shaman has to wait between 5-10 minutes.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-01-08 at 02:59 AM.

Basically when I do battlegrounds, the following happens. A lot of undergeared, bad or just bots join the team. I cap 3 bases solo in AB for example and do top damage etc. What happens? because of those bots, noobs and undergeared we lose 2 bases. Now you would think that if I went back and defended 1 base and stayed there we would be fine, right? NO, what happens is that if I leave a base it's get capped behind back and if I stay we lose other bases.

The above example is of AB and it's not a joke. multiple times in AB this happened to me. Bots ruin random battlegrounds and I don't bother to qeue for them anymore (rbgs for the win). Isle of Conquest is a joke. if you qeue up in the night your guaranteed to have 70 bots in that battleground and ofcourse the downvoting system doesn't work so you get dumped in that battleground regardless of downvoting it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    i reallly havnt seen that much botting this xpac compared to cata but i guess that just me
    Been thinking the same thing.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Sorry but no, these people aren't bad players or come up with snarky comments, they are bots plain and simple.
    Bots that talk? That's a new one!

All I'm saying is that I've seen countless people claim that another person is a bot in a BG. Almost every time the accused person talks back. They obviously aren't bots. But because of people's lack of observation, they are over-exaggerating the bot problem.

I've done over two hundred BGs this expansion, and have yet to count more than 2 bots. Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones that have good queues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have seen a couple bots not many. Mostly just people who really have no idea how to play their class or this game.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3