Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanson71 View Post
    Bots that talk? That's a new one!

All I'm saying is that I've seen countless people claim that another person is a bot in a BG. Almost every time the accused person talks back. They obviously aren't bots. But because of people's lack of observation, they are over-exaggerating the bot problem.

I've done over two hundred BGs this expansion, and have yet to count more than 2 bots. Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones that have good queues.
    You're on the American serves, right? Also I've never said they talk, I said they're NOT. They are not bad players, not AFKing or anything, they are bots plain and simple. 30 People standing in front of the Base on Isle of Conquest for the entire match till an unfortunate Alliance get's close and they all start running after them? Just bad players, yeah, especially if they then all go idle somewhere between Hangar and our Base.

In all honesty so far most people denying this issue have either come from the US realms where Blizzard might actually do something about them or were bot users themselves. Quite a few on this forum eventually admitted using an bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    I have seen a couple bots not many. Mostly just people who really have no idea how to play their class or this game.
    US Realms, talking about European ones. People constantly running between two bases in Eots for the entire game not doing anything else are not by any means bad players, they're bots plain and simple. Had battlegrounds where both teams had mostly bots and nothing whatsoever happened, great fun.

i play random bgs to watch some movies or browse forums so i leech free honour
    so many bots/afk around 1 more wont make a difference

once blizz does something about bots ill start playing properly
    im not wasting my time when 1/3 to 1/2 the team is a bot

Deleted
    Double post, how the hell. :|

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khwaj View Post
    i play random bgs to watch some movies or browse forums so i leech free honour
    so many bots/afk around 1 more wont make a difference

once blizz does something about bots ill start playing properly
    im not wasting my time when 1/3 to 1/2 the team is a bot
    so just waste the time of the other 1/2 or 2/3 of your team. great logic.

Deleted
    There is no point in random bgs until the next season of pvp is released...

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    so just waste the time of the other 1/2 or 2/3 of your team. great logic.
    then how about you fix it then
    1-2 bots a game is to be expected and i can deal with that

so tell me how are you able to deal with 3-6 botters in those small games?
    ive seen so far was 10 botters on my team in strand alone

if blizz dont care why should i
    great logic there

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Bots = subscription = business

I think you will understand where I'm going with this.
    Going to bore us all to tears repeating this crap until the end of time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bots, whether you like it or not are apart of WoW, both in the economy and in the PvP system.

DO you think that people want to spend hours and hours just farming in making gold to have an adequate experience in-game, such as the new "Brawlers Guild", raiding flasks/potions, or even having enchantments to be considered a "good player".

Yes there are other ways to make gold/honor besides farming/botting, but people will always use these programs whether you like it or not, but I do agree it is getting a little out of hand...

I believe that the more people actually notice the bots now, the better. Battling bots is expensive for various reasons, but if a majority finally starts noticing the bots and getting frustrated and annoyed with them, Blizzard will actually have to step up their game.

Reality is that it is worse now than it was say during cata, but the same exact problem has been going on for many years without serious Blizzard intervention other than PR.

Keep in mind that many people p(l)aying the game still have no idea what a bot looks like, or even know what a bot is.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2013-01-08 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Because there's always 5 people around and having to be forced to queue with others constantly to be able to play is fun.

How about you actually pay attention? No idea if it is worse on the European realms but the last !7! games I might aswell not have played because from the very beginning I never stood a chance at winning them. We're queueing with two people currently and at times we're the only ones who aren't bots.

Playing Warsong when only two people actually make it out of the flagroom isn't fun. Knowing that 8 people stand around at the exit mounting up with 1-2 minutes delay and you might aswell look for a cozy corner to hide in till the game is over.

Playing Silvershard Mine with 7 Bots, none of them above 300k hp getting farmed by the Alliance 5 man group in the middle isn't fun either.

Losing Arathi twice in a row because you don't have enough players to put at least one at each base with the rest being a giant zerg ball.

Up to MoP I had victory rates of around 70-80% on some maps random. Now I'm down to 60% and it will soon plummet further because I'm losing one game after another because of bots. These aren't bad players, they're bots. They obvious as hell and people denying their existance either get kicks out of getting wins thrown at them because they're lucky or are botting themselves.
    Even a horrible, horrible player will in most cases contribute more to an game then a bot does. The only battleground where bots are even remotely usefull are capture the flag ones because they're destroying everything as a giant zerg ball because they all have the exact same target value thus tunneling a single target into the ground if they're decently equipped.

I'm playing since end TBC. I've had quite a few pauses for different reasons but this is the very first time I'm completly fed up with the game and can't eat as much as I want to puke. Getting the Bot banned by making it illegal isn't good enough, these people need to lose their accounts once and for all. Nothing short of that is going to stop them from botting in the future once the next bot pops up.

So wait a minute.. You are saying it's only your faction botting? Both factions are botting equally, so its not bots that affect your win ratio..

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Going to bore us all to tears repeating this crap until the end of time?
    The truth is always boring

Deleted
    I find people mostly just throw blame around for people being bots without any evidence to back it up, joined a BG the other day and someone just said "everyone who is in this area is a bot" right where I was actually fighting, so I told him to go shove it where the sun don't shine.

Sure people may well be undergeared and die within a global from a well geared but thats just normal.

Personally I find a multiboxer is more annoying, when you have 5 characters all attacking you in sync you stand no chance.

Bots are bad for business.
    And unlike gathering bots pvp bots are not additional accounts. They are ordinary players who decided to farm some hk and bg wins. They would play and they would pay anyway. And even more, they might stop playing after achieving their goals with botting, And they will achieve their goals much faster with botting.

The truth is that blizzard just don't care. They are too big, too slow and too lazy.
    And they are greedy and stupid. They don't want to hire additional developers to fight the botters as a whole. Instead they let GMs handle thousands of reports, increasing ticket response wait time.
    But they DO ban bots. Which make your assumption that they keep bots for subscription invalid. They just do it in extremely slow and inefficient way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -KeenaM- View Post
    Bots, whether you like it or not are apart of WoW, both in the economy and in the PvP system.

DO you think that people want to spend hours and hours just farming in making gold to have an adequate experience in-game, such as the new "Brawlers Guild", raiding flasks/potions, or even having enchantments to be considered a "good player".

Yes there are other ways to make gold/honor besides farming/botting, but people will always use these programs whether you like it or not, but I do agree it is getting a little out of hand...
    There is no excuse for using an Bot, money is thrown at you and gear is meant to be earned by putting effort into the game. But I guess you're one of those people who cheat in single player games because they can't be bothered to properly play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    So wait a minute.. You are saying it's only your faction botting? Both factions are botting equally, so its not bots that affect your win ratio..
    You are assuming the bots are equivaly distributed between the factions and the same holds true for the players. This from the get go is a very fault assumption. On the European servers the Horde has 5-10 minute invite times for an battleground while the Alliance has instant, always. The inclination for the Horde to bot is bigger, because they have to wait between BG and gearing up takes them longer (so does farming achievments, honor kills and so on).

While I do meet bots when playing my Alliance alt, they are nowhere near as prevelant as they are on the Horde side. I've seen groups of players simply stop right after the gate, but never anywhere close to 30-35 people as it happens quite often on the Horde side at night or in the morning.

My win ratio on my Rogue alts who most of the time contributes less due to having worse gear and not being a healer was always slightly worse then that of my Horde resto shaman who is completly decked out in epic gear with many pieces already upgraded. Now my rogues victory rate is through the roof while that of my Shaman is abysmal.

But I really like how you guys are trying to blame people for their bad luck of constantly getting into groups made up mostly by bots trying to make them out as bad players. I'm around 2,1k rating in RBG and 1,9k in Arena currently. So I doubt it's my fault that my previously GREAT victory rate suddenly is as bad as it is.

It's not bots... It's just a really well organised group of players or.. IT'S THE ZOMBIE OUTBREAK!

I think you will understand where I'm going with this.
    Thats a lie.
    Blizzard is fighting the major bot in court in germany.
    If you ever visited the bot forums you can find all the information.
    The sad part is that they arent even close to winning.

I heard this was finally gonna get looked at since over the weekend a full game of 10 on 10 bots happened... and no one complained.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The player base and community is that horrible and unskillful now, that they appear to be bots.
    Welfare epics, hand fed newcomers, no need for a community(lookingforwhateveryouneedbutton) all adds up to a bunch of crappy players who must not even look at the chat window.

I like to play late at night, and still haven't had to see one of these famous bgs.
    I usually get 1-3 bots(in the smaller ones, which i mostly play since the big ones isn't pvp-orientated anyway, as they're played)

One of them i got killed by a bot over and over though. Rather frustrating, knowing it was a bot and not being able to kill it. The players are less of a problem, since they just noob about, aimlessly, can't hit their buttons, and keyboardturn. I don't even have to get annoyed at a nooby bot screaming "NOOBS WORST BG EVER L2P WTF TARDS"

Would still like no bots, but also people to get kicked far faster for acting like idiots :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

You tend to see this more in the larger BGs, but you also have to factor in how little a lot of players care about objectives and more on netting the most kills, most damage, least amount of deaths, and other useless scoreboard stats that dont help at all win.

Some people really dont care about a win or a loss, as long as at the end they did the most damage and most kills ok the team.

Ive encountered bots yes, but I have come in contact with these types of players more so.