Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Bots = subscription = business

I think you will understand where I'm going with this.
    They still get the money though even if they ban them.. and they ultimately make more money if the banned users ever decide to buy another entire package of WoW and re-sub again, so this isn't a valid argument.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    There is no excuse for using an Bot, money is thrown at you and gear is meant to be earned by putting effort into the game. But I guess you're one of those people who cheat in single player games because they can't be bothered to properly play the game.
    No Single player game are different then MMO's, and money isn't "thrown at you" . and who wants to put in the time to play a game where you have to put 10-12 hours a week to be "adequate" and not really having fun, hence why people bot to get gold so they skip that time.

full time tournament realm = 0 bots because you need to do 0 grinding. i would give 0 shits if the pve game and population disappeared tonight, and im sure many would feel the same.

replace farming points for gear as an incentive to log in with fast, competitive ladders.

i wish i could bot arenas really. then i could just sit down in front of my pc in the morning and go hey, my bot lost 476 times to KFC and kittycleave. thank god i didnt have to fucking actually play that. if only.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

I find alot of Bots play better than real players... now THAT is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    i reallly havnt seen that much botting this xpac compared to cata but i guess that just me
    I haven't seen much botting this expansion, but I've done almost no PvP this expansion (and that was mostly AV weekend).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

According to recount I've lost 23 of the last 32 games I've played, the only reason I even queue is for Conqueror title and a quick warm up before arenas if I login early. General level of play in lvl90 Horde BGS (EU) is so bad that it's hard to tell the difference between bots and players - are you guys ~sure~ that the teams are 80% bots? Maybe the bots don't queue for WSG/AB.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

When I botted before Blizzard forced the company to shut down the scripts I ran actually made my character better than most of my team mates.
    I was always top healer
    I CCed
    I always assisted
    I never fought at mid
    I always defended a node if no other friendly was detected close by
    I always called out INCs if I was attacked

Who would you rather have on your team? The guy in full blues doing nothing but fighting at mid and never going for objectives. Or a bot thats actually keeping you healed and helping you win? But then again I was Alliance so making a script that could play better than most of your team wasnt that hard.

I've only recently, as in the last few weeks, started pvping this expac and to be honest I can't recall running into a single bot on alliance side, and this is with the av weekend included. Now maybe I've been extremely lucky or everyone tends to make stuff up about bots everywhere. Also it's worth pointing out that I've only done one of the new BG's since MOP.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

15+ Year Old Account
    Sitting at mines is very important!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    I've only recently, as in the last few weeks, started pvping this expac and to be honest I can't recall running into a single bot on alliance side, and this is with the av weekend included. Now maybe I've been extremely lucky or everyone tends to make stuff up about bots everywhere. Also it's worth pointing out that I've only done one of the new BG's since MOP.
    you probably don't know how to recognize them yet,bots are more advanced then they used to be...they fight as good as the average player,and unless you noticed how they move you won't realise quickly they're following a path,the best way is to look for a group of players moving suspiciously as a group,going to same ways back and forth.The fewer the bots,the harder you spot em.

Deleted
    Well i do random bgs to gear my alts. Now since my main is full epic i just gear up my DK/Monk to full honor set and just wait till next patch

10+ Year Old Account
    What's funny is that they broke the premade BG addons. Now I get dumped into random BG's where the balance is 2-3 healers to 0. GG matchmaking. If Blizzard is going to keep us from making our own premades, they need to fix their broken PoS system and get rid of the bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    What's funny is that they broke the premade BG addons. Now I get dumped into random BG's where the balance is 2-3 healers to 0. GG matchmaking. If Blizzard is going to keep us from making our own premades, they need to fix their broken PoS system and get rid of the bots.
    If only you could group up and queue with a healer or two. Oh wait, you can still do that!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If only you could group up and queue with a healer or two. Oh wait, you can still do that!
    Then WoW matches you with 3 more healers and you have too many.

Deleted
    Just lower the honor gear costs for a start. It is absolutely not fun to be one shoted on every alt for hours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    i reallly havnt seen that much botting this xpac compared to cata but i guess that just me
    its quite ok on prime play time at max level, however late night/mornings and every hour of the day in every single bracket from 10 to 89 its so bot infested its unreal blizzard is unable to catch these scumbags.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't dispute that there a lot of bots out there these days it amuses me to no end to see all these people starting threads with such exact numbers. People state stuff like 'on my whole team there was only me and one other guy...the rest were bots' or 'the ally team only had 1 player'. How do people get such exact numbers? Yes I see bots and many are easy to recognize, but I get the feeling that some of you are just riding around doing little else but trying to count bots. If I was someone doing that, and I saw someone else doing nothing more than riding around trying to count bots, might I not think that he too is a bot? Point is many of those folks are about as useful to your team as a bot.
    "Brevity is...wit"

I'm on Horde on Moon Guard...I'm SO tired of the bots. Yes, its an RP realm so I don't expect us to be leet like a PvP realm, however when it seems like many of your team are bots alot of the times, its beyond a hopeless affair. And yes, they are bots. auto-following you, clustering up in weird ways and general predicable behavior. Sometimes I feel like 1 hunter against the entire alliance team lol.

The reason people bot is because blizzard have made it far to difficult to acquire gear while also having fun.

Currently pvp is NOT fun. There is to much CC and damage and overpowered classes. Not to mention the randomness when it comes to how many healers/casters/tanks eg are in every BG. I was in a WSG the other day with 6 warriors, 4 hunters and me NOT premades and no healers. A newly entered player to pvp without the appropriate gear is going to get smashed and thats not enjoyable.

Pvp becomes a little more bearable with better gear which = bigger numbers poping up ( healing or damage ) and you can survive longer.

Botting is blizzards fault for making the game not enjoyable in pvp. And the grind to get conquest points to hard.

in short - PEOPLE BOT BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE BEEN BLOWN UP

Tell me Vathius how do we fix this?

Im glad you asked -

1) Alts shouldnt have a cap on conquest points earned to date within the game but could incur a 50% penalty in how fast they acquire those points.
    2) Various balance fixes and cc duration fixes in pvp
    3) Battlegrounds have roles now for Healers, Melee, Ranged and Tank. .Every battleground has balanced class team setups
    3) Remove the need to do RBGs for conquest points, No newly entered pvp player is going to get an RBG group unless they are sleeping with the guild leader of a pvp guild that runs RBGs

I just had 5 bots clutter around a dropped flag 2 feet from our base in EOTS. All it would take was 1 cap to win us the game, but all they did was stand around the flag. Not a single one picked it up and capped so we lost.

I just about uninstalled after that I can't even play this game right now because I couldn't believe how stupid it was.