Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Post Which class has the most complicated DPS rotation?

    I've been wondering this for a while now, which class has to press the most buttons/manage the most cooldowns in order to maximise dps?

  2. #2
    Arcane Mages.

  3. #3
    retri is high on the list.

  4. #4
    Most people seem to mention hunters having loads of buttons to press, myself dont find it that annoying though

    Brushing before eating breakfast seems about as silly as wiping before you poop.

  5. #5
    Hands down Hunters, 8-9 buttons. It can sometimes be annoying, but it does keep you busy so you don't get bored.
    You say that I'm cold, and sometimes I'm out of control.

  6. #6
    Legendary! Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    6,286
    Arcane Mages.
    There is only one god and his name is Sargeras.

  7. #7
    While the regular rotation is fairly easy, hunters have the most complex rotation because they have 75 cds they have to execute perfectly.

  8. #8
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    Yeah I'd say Hunters, when I read up about their rotation I just deleted my huntard alt, cba with that many abilities :P

  9. #9
    sub rogue imo is hard as fuck

  10. #10
    id say feral druid, always was complicated
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

    Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

  11. #11
    If you can play one, you can play all. They are all equally easy. More buttons does not equal harder.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

  12. #12
    Affliction Warlock?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    If you can play one, you can play all. They are all equally easy. More buttons does not equal harder.
    Wasn't a question of difficulty, but of complexity.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    Affliction Warlock?
    Affliction is easy. You have 3 dots on the target. Use Malefic grasp as filler. You use Haunt with soulshards. Swap Malefic grasp with Drain soul in execute phase.
    That's it.

    The tricky part of affliction is monitoring buffs and internal cooldowns, knowing when to refresh and when to use Haunt. But the rotation itself is ridiculously simple.

  15. #15
    From what I've seen... Arcane Mages. It'll take some practice to get used to it when mine reaches 90.


    Currently playing World of Warcraft, the Dragon Age duo, and TES: Skyrim. Not at the same time, of course. I'm not an octopus.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by NatureDrake View Post
    From what I've seen... Arcane Mages. It'll take some practice to get used to it when mine reaches 90.
    Is this a joke? It literally is just arcane blast spam and using scorch whenever you go below 90% mana to 6 stack camp. The only things you need to manage are your 1 dot, your arcane missiles, your rune of power, and using arcane power and alter time properly and popping mirror images every 3 minutes. I could do the rotation just as good as I do mine and I don't even play a mage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Arcane Mages.
    You have a mage in your signature that appears to be your main. I feel that you are just saying mages because you are a mage.

    Personally, I cannot say which has the most complex rotation because really I only have a level 90 dk and a level 90 hunter and have only looked into a few other rotations and forums to help some people. I can say one thing: DKs have it easy compared to hunters.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-06 at 10:42 PM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  17. #17
    In terms of complexity, it's not Aff locks, I know that much. They're just hard to maximize DPS on because of how procs affect your DoTs and managing soul shards.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    640
    The spec is only hard if you it's not for you. I'll say warlocks, but I could be wrong. I'm only looking at their priority lists and what they have to manage for each spec.
    Last edited by Ceece; 2013-01-06 at 10:45 PM.

  19. #19
    Elemental's rotation is on paper pretty easy, but in execution can be somewhat annoying. You see a lot of fairly mediocre Ele Shamans, but it's rare to see one that plays to the absolute maximum of the spec's potential.

    That said, from a perspective of the sheer number of buttons to press and things to monitor, I'd say Frost Mage is pretty high up there as well as Feral Druid.


    [ twitch ][ Elhaym#1731 if you have any questions ]

  20. #20
    I know the action priority list from simcraft isn't the the best measure but just compare feral to anything else. I know there's some talent specific stuff in there but even if you delete half the list it's still longer than most classes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •