10+ Year Old Account

PTR: Cenarion Ward math

I was bored today and decided to do some napkin math for the improved Cenarion Ward:

Spellpower= 28,000 (just a little under what I currently run fully-buffed in raids).

Live:

Cenarion Ward- Protects a friendly target, causing any damage taken to heal the target for 6174 (+ 57% of SpellPower) every 2 sec for 6 sec. Gaining the healing effect consumes the Cenarion Ward. Useable in all shapeshift forms. Lasts 30 sec

Mana Cost: 60,000*.148= 8,880 mana per cast
    6,174 + (28,000*.57)= 22,134 per tick

3(ticks)*22,134= 66,402 total healing done over 6 seconds
    HpM: 66,402/8,880= 7.47

PTR:

Cenarion Ward- Protects a friendly target, causing any damage taken to heal the target for 12349 (+ 104% of SpellPower) every 2 sec for 6 sec. Gaining the healing effect consumes the Cenarion Ward. Useable in all shapeshift forms. Lasts 30 sec.

Mana Cost: 60,000*.148= 8,880 mana per cast
    12,349 + (28,000*1.04)= 41,469 per tick

3(ticks)*41,469= 124,407 total healing done over 6 seconds
    HpM: 124,407/8,880= 14.0

For other HpM References:

Rejuvenation: 7.9
    Healing Touch: 4.06
    Wild Growth (no SotF): Between 13.1 and 15.7

So what does this all mean?

Cenarion Ward would become one of the most efficient spells available to us. The one deterrence for this ability will be its overhealing. But I feel if used smartly (such as on Protectors for Lightning Prison targets) the healing done could outweigh the overhealing. If used on CD this ability will now do double the healing of Nature's Swiftness, but with a mana cost.

Edit: I went ahead and posted this on my blog, WTS Heals, too.

Edit: Removed Haste info since Haste is not a factor.
    Last edited by Juvenate; 2013-01-02 at 03:31 PM.

Good work on the maths there, pretty excited about this talent. I think that I'll dip into SoTF for a while but I'm not sure if I'll stick to it as I don't want to lose the Tree of Life from incarnation. I'm at least glad we'll have more than 1 option from the level 30 talents next tier.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I'm quite confident that Cenarion Ward doesn't scale with haste at all.

I don't got that "big" hopes for it. Yes it get a buff but most of the healing will probably go to overhealing and as storm said does it even stack with haste ? On most bosses i think that the SoF proc is better to use on Wild Growth rather than this but we don't know how the new boss fights yet so we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was fairly sure CW scales with Haste. I could be wrong tho. If it does, the breakpoint would be similar to Regrowth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvenate View Post
    I was fairly sure CW scales with Haste. I could be wrong tho. If it does, the breakpoint would be similar to Regrowth.
    I proc'd Cenarion Ward with Nature's Grace up, and it still appeared to be every 2 sec for 6 sec.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

15+ Year Old Account
    I never thought it would scale with haste since it says it only does 3 ticks. Though after this buff I am thinking I might pick it up on my balance druid.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated to reflect Haste findings. Haste is not a factor. It will always tick 3 times. CW will still be an extremely efficient spell outside of Wild Growth.

seeing the druid toolbox do we really want to lose Nature's swiftness for yet another hot? even though the hot looks very hot at the moment

I can see my self using that on tank damage-heavier fights like Lei Shi (when adds are out and stacks get high) keeping LB + RJ on one tank and CW + RK on the other tank... Could be useful on heroic Garajal too to have an extra hot on a Voodoo doll... But overall I gotta agree NS is really useful for a non-bursty class like us...

6,174 + (28,000*.57)= 22,134 per tick

12,349 + (28,000*1.04)= 41,469 per tick

I think it should be 1.14 because it was increased by 100%.

Cenarian Ward

Although it would make sense for it to be 114% (considering the Blizz blue post said 100% increased healing), the current value shown through wowdb.com indicates 104%. I assume that's the most recent datamined value.

would this spell be doing more healing than any other spell that tier? Could tanks get this??? or is NS still just too much utility to lose?

1. It scales better than every spell we have (unless I'm overlooking something).
    2. I have no idea how it scales for tanks. It should be a lot stronger than NS+HT for a Bear. I'm not sure how it will compare to Renewal in overall healing done. It can be cast in Bear form.
    3. If you can manage to get at least 2 effective ticks from this per use and can use it at least twice as often as you'd normally use NS+HT, this easily comes out ahead. It still has "burst heal" potential, but being a hot, the healing will be slower. I think this will be a very subjective decision.

15+ Year Old Account
    NS allows tanks to battle-rez while tanking, though.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    NS allows tanks to battle-rez while tanking, though.
    Certainly true, giving it nice utility. But realistically, how often in a 10 man would the bear tank need to res? You'd have to be in a 10 man without any warlocks, dks or druid dps/healers (and in a 25 man, you're pretty much guranteed to have enough of those for your ressing needs). Heck, if you were really that desperate (the druid tank being the only battle res you have) you could symbiosis the holy paladin. :P So I wouldn't consider NS to be a requirement for a raiding tank.

You seem to forget that NS gives us a free heal on a 1 min CD.

Perhaps you should re-read what I wrote if that's what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I would miss from Natures Swiftness is the combat res' for when I'm pug tanking with PEBCAK players.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    This may be better for ferals in pvp than NS