Thread: New Razer Blade

Deleted

New Razer Blade

Ok guys I play wow mainly time for me to move to a laptop no space for PC and I need something portable on the move I know people will say other laptops a lot cheap but I just want to know reviews of razer blade new one from gaming point of view if its decent. Main factor I'm looking at it is it is very portable.

Help suggestions would be appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    for the portability it's very decent in terms of performance, the blade is essentially a 17' macbook pro with a better GPU, memory, CPU and OS

most of teh reviews i've seen of it, most skeptics are pleasently surprised by the design, build quality and the switchblade ui

for it's price you can do much better in terms of performance, but not the build quality or portability, mot 17" gaming notebooks perform much better, but are not anything to be considered portable

the downsides to the blade are razer's strict warranty, you are not allowed to service it yourself, or upgrade RAM or HDD, or even install linux (that last part may have changed since i called them)

however, if you are not worried about the performance, it's not a bad laptop, but even with the new lower price, it's still a bit to expensive for it's worth IMO

Deleted
    can't even see that it is available on newegg or the razer site.
    how about http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230672 as a plan B? (same price but 15" instead of 17" hardware is identical. (with the exception of the keyboard)

Deleted
    Well spec is not identical razer has gt 660m 2gb that has 1gb gt 650m. Well I do want decent performance as well as portability so will it play wow without issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    can't even see that it is available on newegg or the razer site.
    how about http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834230672 as a plan B? (same price but 15" instead of 17" hardware is identical. (with the exception of the keyboard)
    http://www.razerzone.com/store/choose/razer-blade

it's there

also available from xotic:

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming...95_51_403.html

Last edited by Cyanotical; 2013-01-08 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    still with 3 kg it is't exactly mobile.
    @cyanotical i couldn't find it directly in the store but your link seems to work.

we could however find different laptops around same weight with better specs.
    OP what do you value more , mobility or performance? (or to what extend?)

10+ Year Old Account
    it's listed under "systems" in teh store, are you getting a non american site?

either way, the blade is a good quality laptop, the problem is the price, its has the same issues as a macbook pro, great laptop, but feels very overpriced for what you get

to compare, my laptop costs about the same as a blade, but it has a better cpu, ram, gpu, ssd's (dual), screen, and the keyboard has customizable lighting, however, it has a huge power brick, moderatly flexible chassis, and the worlds most terrible touchpad,

i know the performance of my laptop, but it doesn't feel like a $2500 laptop, the blade on the otherhand, feels very much like a $2500 laptop, but it doesn't perform like one, so for the OP thats the kind of trade off to look at

Deleted
    Yes I agree with the price factor but again it's the portability factor and looks amazing. Will I be able to play wow and guild wars at high settings? That's my main concern and record or stream...

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, you can play wow on high, idk about guild wars

record and stream? no, you need either a very expensive laptop, or a desktop for that

Deleted
    what i mean is not both same time but can i do one or the other while gaming...

10+ Year Old Account
    you will see a serious performance hit doing either

recording is one thing, it works best if you can record to a separate drive, which is an option you dont have with the blade

streaming IMO is pointless, hundreds of thousands of gamers stream, hardly anybody wants to watch any of them

Deleted
    OP how about this?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834152369
    pretty much same speccs yet allot cheaper. (also mobile and 0.7 lbs lighter)