Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dammit I really love the style of this champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I have no idea what are you talking about here. Building support items on an AP carry in the mid? Building AP carry items on an AP carry that could also support due to utility inherent in their abilities?

Why would snowballing affect Thresh's strength at all? He can have 0 cs, go 0/0/0 and still be very tanky from the souls. His abilities also are designed with nothing but support in mind - low ratios, insane utility unaffected by any stats other than CDR.
    nope never said you would give a mid support items. you would build pure ap but he would have a support role in group fights, similar to a morgana, a lux, etc..
    I wash my hands until the water burns

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    nope never said you would give a mid support items. you would build pure ap but he would have a support role in group fights, similar to a morgana, a lux, etc..
    I'll ask this question again, of yet another person: why in the world would you build AP on him? His ratios on Q, W and E are, respectively, 0.5, 0.4 and 0.5, the base damage is not high either. Only his ultimate has a strong ratio. The strength of his spells does not come from the mediocre damage, it comes from how much disruption and control they provide in a fight, exactly what is needed of a support. He does not need to snowball or get fed, he does not need any farm - just build standard support items and some health and you've got an extremely durable disruptor able to protect his carry all day long... Except vs an Olaf.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Yeah, if you want to do damage on Thresh, it would be a lot more effective to build an AD-centered build, considering all his abilities are adept at getting people to him, or him to people, and his autos (with the Q passive) just does INSANE damage when you get some AD.

So either pure support-items or bruiser-ish for Thresh, I'd say.

Just look at other tanks, you just straight build auras and durability. Oh wait you don't because every single viable tank is permabanned :d.

If he does not say

With ridiculous overacting, then I won't buy him.

With a shield for allies and a knockback it feels like a mix of Lulu and Alistair. Which is good because I play almost nothing but support Lulu and I'd like at least one ability to feel familiar. I'm really looking forward to this guy. I love most champions from the Shadow Isles like Yorik. How many more days til Thresh is out?

So the champion spotlight is out. - http://youtu.be/Sv95nBi7ulQ

Probably means that we'll get him sometime this week. Thursday/Friday seems likely.

I'm not looking forward to accidentally clicking on his lamp in teamfights. I just know it's going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I'm not looking forward to accidentally clicking on his lamp in teamfights. I just know it's going to happen.
    ... Accidentally? Have you ever played a priest in World of Warcraft? I had one extra, special, macro for when I was holy. It said "CLICK THE FUCKING LIGHTWELL" on /ra several times over.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

But in WoW, you don't move by clicking around though. :P

Yeah, but in LoL you can just hold right click to move when the lantern is out instead of clicking and releasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    But in WoW, you don't move by clicking around though. :P
    Yeah, but what I meant is that accidental uses are going to be the least of any Thresh's concerns. ^.^

Enemy minions/champions take precedence over lantern iirc.

I wonder if he'd be possible to use as an ad carry for the lolz? =D

Thresh is available now, as mentioned in the main thread.

Go play him now! gogogoogoogogogogogoogoggogogogogogogogogogo

I didn't see this in any PBE patch notes, but they made it 2 souls before the stat gain goes down by 0.01, instead of every soul. I think the stat drop still stops at .5, it just takes 100 souls to get there now instead of 50.

Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

Steam | Twitter

LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

Would be fun if you could actually try him in a game.. he's either banned or picked immediatly -.-

Like, who the hell banns a new champ on day one? just to be a dick?

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Who? Everyone. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Would be fun if you could actually try him in a game.. he's either banned or picked immediatly -.-

Most people would just rather not put up with instalockers on a new champ who can't play it yet, or take the chance that an enemy who can play it will get it and destroy his team who has no idea how to counter them.
    Meh.