Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, if you want to do damage on Thresh, it would be a lot more effective to build an AD-centered build, considering all his abilities are adept at getting people to him, or him to people, and his autos (with the Q passive) just does INSANE damage when you get some AD.

So either pure support-items or bruiser-ish for Thresh, I'd say.

Deleted
    Just look at other tanks, you just straight build auras and durability. Oh wait you don't because every single viable tank is permabanned :d.

Deleted
    If he does not say

With ridiculous overacting, then I won't buy him.

With a shield for allies and a knockback it feels like a mix of Lulu and Alistair. Which is good because I play almost nothing but support Lulu and I'd like at least one ability to feel familiar. I'm really looking forward to this guy. I love most champions from the Shadow Isles like Yorik. How many more days til Thresh is out?

So the champion spotlight is out. - http://youtu.be/Sv95nBi7ulQ

Probably means that we'll get him sometime this week. Thursday/Friday seems likely.

I'm not looking forward to accidentally clicking on his lamp in teamfights. I just know it's going to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I'm not looking forward to accidentally clicking on his lamp in teamfights. I just know it's going to happen.
    ... Accidentally? Have you ever played a priest in World of Warcraft? I had one extra, special, macro for when I was holy. It said "CLICK THE FUCKING LIGHTWELL" on /ra several times over.

But in WoW, you don't move by clicking around though. :P

Yeah, but in LoL you can just hold right click to move when the lantern is out instead of clicking and releasing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    But in WoW, you don't move by clicking around though. :P
    Yeah, but what I meant is that accidental uses are going to be the least of any Thresh's concerns. ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Enemy minions/champions take precedence over lantern iirc.

Deleted
    I wonder if he'd be possible to use as an ad carry for the lolz? =D

Thresh is available now, as mentioned in the main thread.

Go play him now! gogogoogoogogogogogoogoggogogogogogogogogogo

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see this in any PBE patch notes, but they made it 2 souls before the stat gain goes down by 0.01, instead of every soul. I think the stat drop still stops at .5, it just takes 100 souls to get there now instead of 50.

Deleted
    Would be fun if you could actually try him in a game.. he's either banned or picked immediatly -.-

Like, who the hell banns a new champ on day one? just to be a dick?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Who? Everyone. ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Would be fun if you could actually try him in a game.. he's either banned or picked immediatly -.-

Most people would just rather not put up with instalockers on a new champ who can't play it yet, or take the chance that an enemy who can play it will get it and destroy his team who has no idea how to counter them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    Most people would just rather not put up with instalockers on a new champ who can't play it yet, or take the chance that an enemy who can play it will get it and destroy his team who has no idea how to counter them.
    I dunno. I had a pretty easy time laning with Thresh the last few games, and that is while I was learning as Draven. I barely know what I am doing yet and mediocre at axe catching and it still went pretty well. Out of all the things I could accidentally do wrong as an ADC I see clicking on his shield as fairly low on the list. Unless you are standing right next to it (you don't have to to get the shield effect) and you click it by accident you have time to click something else. Everything he does is pretty obvious, there's very little subtlety in his playstyle or animations.

Just like I predicted, everyone is playing him, but to my surprise a lot are trying him as support, which makes me happy. I'm not quite sure who best to pair him with in BoT lane regarding ADCs, but I'll figure it out.
    Last edited by Kenai; 2013-01-24 at 05:30 AM.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenai View Post
    I dunno. I had a pretty easy time laning with Thresh the last few games, and that is while I was learning as Draven. I barely know what I am doing yet and mediocre at axe catching and it still went pretty well. Out of all the things I could accidentally do wrong as an ADC I see clicking on his shield as fairly low on the list. Unless you are standing right next to it (you don't have to to get the shield effect) and you click it by accident you have time to click something else. Everything he does is pretty obvious, there's very little subtlety in his playstyle or animations.

Just like I predicted, everyone is playing him, but to my surprise a lot are trying him as support, which makes me happy. I'm not quite sure who best to pair him with in BoT lane regarding ADCs, but I'll figure it out.
    He's good with Graves and MF so far from what I've played. The MF was stupid and never clicked my lantern, but it didn't matter because the enemy team was dumber and either focused me or tried to run right through me (as opposed to around me) to get to MF.

Really, the lantern is the only thing ADCs have to get used to. The rest is easily telegraphed for your carry so they know what to do. Not easy on the Thresh player though. His hooks are slower than Blitz's and much harder to hit because of it. It's also easy to screw up his E if you smart cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cornfield by a raceway with a tornado flying through (Indiana)
    One thing I kind of noticed that I want to complain about but am not quite sure on. It seems like if he is hiding in a bush (lets say river near mid) for a gank, souls were popping up. Can the enemy team see them like we could? Does Thresh have to be fairly close for them to spawn? This could be an issue if it "shows" he is nearby to opponents, if people were planning on jungling with him anyway.
    Light or darkness...which are you blinded by?