Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonatic View Post
    Despite some stunningly terrible voice acting I had a lot of fun with the Spellforce games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mm0klJGGSs . They often turn up in online sales really cheap. Just stay away from the most recent xpac Faith in Destiny.
    I really enjoyed Spellforce, but yes, some of the absolute worst voice acting in the history of talking.

Deleted
    Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I really enjoyed Spellforce, but yes, some of the absolute worst voice acting in the history of talking.
    Not as bad as Soulstorm or Chrono lord in Stratholme. Spellforce is a nice game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Age of Mythology, Total Annihilation, every Command and Conquer RTS game until Tiberium Twilight, WH40k: Dawn of War, Rise of Nations, Rise of Legends, Homeworld (prob best story of any RTS), Dark Reign, Dune, Empire Earth, Black and White 1/2. So many to choose from but most are old school as base building RTS games in the style of Dune are pretty much dead besides StarCraft.
    Totally agree with this guy and bold underlined part is the best imo . You should try Red Alert 2 and Dawn of War for sure .
    On a side note Battle for Middle Earth RTS games are not bad, but the AI is sometimes unfair in terms of micromanagement .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    What about any made after 2010? Other than Starcraft that is..
    The RTS scene has been rather lacking lately.

Deleted
    Most of the games I had to mention have already been mentioned, but I just dropped in to further recommend Spellforce, it was great fun. But it is mixed in with the RPG genre heavily.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Red Alert 3 - It's not as balanced as, say, SC2 but still pretty fun. The xpac makes it even more unbalanced. But with more unbalance comes more fun.
    Rise of Nations/Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots - A great game with a medicore xpac. It's like Civ meets Age of Empires. Very very cool. T&P was... lack luster for me. The new races and "government" additions felt very... "patchy" to me in that I felt that someone could have just patched in these new changes. Still an amazing game. There is a free demo available here: http://www.microsoft.com/games/riseo...downloads.aspx

I HIGHLY recommend at least trying out RoN. It's free to try and has a very unique approach to RTS games.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Yea I'm not that into RTS games but I really miss god games. One of the first games I ever played was Black and White (and it's sequel). They were just SO much fun. Oh and also Sacrifice, I think. Great childhood memories there I never finished it as it was kinda hard for a 9 year old but even though the gameplay wasn't too great, the atmosphere was AMAZING!

10+ Year Old Account
    Company of Heroes.

Sins of a Solar Empire.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Nah there are good RTS games other than Starcraft, they just don't get press.