I was told to post the following in really big letters:
DO NOT POST IF YOU DID NOT SIGN UP.
To get the controlling jerk in me out first...
1. Do not quote/post/screenshot your role or anything else I sent you over private message. You can summarize any necessary portions of it, but do not schreenshot or copy and paste any part of it. I will modkill you if I see your role posted in the thread, I will modkill you if someone else did it because you encouraged them to do it.
2. If you die, please do not post in this thread, not even an "Aww! I'm dead!" post please. Please do not edit any posts you made earlier in the game either.
3. If you signed up for this game, and you are alive, I expect you to honour the commitment you made and contribute to the game (even saying something stupid and random if you have nothing else to say is fine). I will annoy you with a few private messages reminding you about the game; If you don't respond within 48 hours either by posting in the thread or through a private message letting me know that you're strategically lurking, I will either modkill or replace you.
4. Please make sure to follow the forum rules and be respectful of other players.
5. Please do not talk about this game outside of this thread. As mentioned before, I will not modkill you if I find out you are doing so; However, I do personally consider it to be against the spirit of the game and hope you will be willingly to play the game as the game moderator intended it. (Obviously, if your role states you are a mafia or mason you may discuss the game with any other fellow mafia or mason member/s without worrying about this request.)
Please see rules from previous mafia games if this is your first time playing to get a basic idea of what else might be expected by fellow players:
What You Should Know:
1. Game days will last 5 real days (approximately 120 hours), you will be given an extra 2 if I feel there is enough activity to warrant it. If too many people wait until the last 12 hours to say anything and it just gets busy at that point, I will not give you the extra days you may feel you need. You should have a good idea of who you want to lynch within the last 24 hours.
2. The player with the most votes will be lynched once time expires if no single player has got over 50% of the votes by the deadline; If anyone gets over 50% of the votes the day will end immediately, that player cannot be unlynched.
3. When you vote for someone please make sure it is in bold (Vote: Greeney). You can remove your vote by typing Unvote or Vote: Anyone else. I can easily miss a vote that was not bolded and will not lose sleep over it.
4. Night will last 2 real days (approximately 48 hours) for everyone to have a chance at getting a night action to me. Please do not post in the thread during night.
5. So everyone has an idea, (and because I'm still a little bitter of something that happened to me in the past,) here is a generic role that an average town player would have been sent.
There, got that over with, no more controlling jerk.Character: Adam Hamasaki
You are Adam Hamasaki, a medical volunteer who got stuck in Arkham. <more flavour text>.
Role: Vanilla Townie
You do not have any unique ability that can provide assistance in this game.
Win Condition: You win with the town.
You can only win the game once there are no more mafia members and/or serial killers left in the game.
If you have any questions about the above, please feel free to ask here or over private message.
If you have any questions about the role you received, please ask me over private message.
If you're not sure about anything or need clarification, please ask.
Mafia Terms of Importance (please feel free to let me know if I should any others):
Day - The phase of the game where discussion is encouraged in order to decide who to lynch.
Night - The phase of the game where discussion is discouraged, it is a time for players with abilities to let the moderator know who they will target with that ability.
Lynch - Voting to remove a player during the day phase of the game, a player needs over 50% of the vote to be lynched.
Nightkill / NK - Killed during the night phase of the game.
Scum - Generally referred to people who are members of the mafia or serial killers.
Town - Players who win once/if all scum have been eliminated.
Role / Role Claim / RC - Your given ability (e.g. cop, doc, serial killer, etc...).
Character / Character Claim / CC - The character who you represent in this game (e.g. Batman, Robin, etc...). Please note, for those of you who haven't played themed games before, you do not need to reveal who your character is during the game any more than you should feel you need to reveal your role.
FoS - means Finger of Suspicion; pointing out someone you think is scum without voting for them.
Useful Mafia Link:
The Batmobile was speeding towards Arkham Asylum once again. It was only the evening, but it was already dark as the dead of night. There was a decent amount of fog and winter seemed to be on its way.
The Joker started singing.
The itsy bisty batsy flies through the windowsill.
Down came the Joker and wiped the Batty out.
Out came the gun,
And then a cry of pain,
And the itsy bitsy batty,
Never breathed again.
He repeated the song. Batman knew that Joker just wanted attention and refused to provide it. Instead he was trying to think of why the Joker would allow himself to get caught so easily.
Only moments ago, the Joker had been holding a knife to the Mayor's throat. The Joker didn't take any sidekicks or henchmen this time. There were no guns nor bombs to worry about it. When Batman arrived, the Joker grinned with his hideous smile which always seemed to indicate death. The Joker moved his dagger along Mayor's neck and threatened Batman not to come any closer.
"Let him go, Joker!" Batman warned.
"Come closer and I'll let him go with a missing head."
Batman new it was only a matter of time before the Joker decided to do something nobody would be able to undo.
"Want to see my new toy?" Batman asked.
"Ow, I do love toys!" The Joker responded.
Batman lifted up a Baterang.
"I've seen that one before, Bats!" The Joker complained.
Batman let the Baterang go and it stayed in the air. The gloves in his left hand acted like a remote.
"Alright, that is a little, teency bit impressive! Now it's my turn for show and tell!"
Batman slid his thump up the index finger and the remote baterang hit the Joker in the head, disorienting the Joker. A security guard there lifted the Joker's arm and pulled the mayor away.
"Why you little..." The Joker began.
Batman was on the Joker before anyone could say another word; Batman forced the Joker's head into his knee, and then tossed the Joker onto his back. The Joker's head hit the floor, and Batman handcuffed the perpetrator who was laughing as if being restrained was the funniest situation a person could expect.
As Batman escorted the Joker into the Batmobile the mayor started yelling. The Mayor suggested that someone should lock up criminals like the Joker on a remote island to prevent lunatics like him from continuing to take advantage of the system. From what Oracle told him, the comment made it's way onto the news and was now being discussed by the likes of Jack Ryder and Vicki Vale.
'At least I had a quiet New Years.' Bruce Wayne thought to himself.
- Eniah - Dead Day 2 (Page 61)
- Lysah - Dead Night 4 (Page 84)
- Robozerim - Dead Night 2 (Page 61)
- Keleb - Dead Night 2 (Page 61)
- Majad - Replaced by Kapaya v2 Dead Night 5 (Page 96)
- Elyaan - Dead Night 1 (Page 45)
- Arlee - Dead Day 3 (Page 68)
- Kel - Dead Night 1 (Page 45)
- Kapaya - Dead Day 2 (Page 61)
- Silkku - Dead Night 1 (Page 45)
- foxximcleod - Dead Night 2 (Page 61)
- Nightfury Treann - Dead Day 1 (Page 44)
- Allysene - Replaced by Aethon Blood fox
- rolo4804 - Dead Day 7 (Page 104)
- The Dwarf Lover - Dead Night 4 (Page 84)
- Kuthe - Dead Day 6 (Page 102)
- Krayzy - Dead Night 3 (Page 68)
- Saint Sinner - Replaced by Celtic209 - Dead Night 6 (Page 102)
- Faraway14 - Dead Day 4 (Page 84)
- Falbacca - Dead Day 5 (Page 96)
- Roose - Replaced by Nuex Dead Day 7 (Mod Kill) (Page 106)
All those who signed up for the game should have received your roles. If you are 1 of the 30 players who signed up and you did not receive a role, please let me know and I will correct it ASAP.
It is now Night 1.
If you have a role and/or any questins please send it to me over private message.
Night will end on Wednesday, January 9 at 11:00 PM EST. If I do not get your night message by that point, you will miss out on your night action.
Please do not post in the thread until the Day 1 phase starts.
It is now Day 1.
Day will end on Sunday, January 13, at 12:30 AM EST.
There is a potential extension for 48 hours.
With 30 alive, it takes 16 to lynch.
If nobody is lynched by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.