1. #1041
    Grunt Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    UNVOTE.
    VOTE: Mumbles85.


    Three posts in a week.
    You beat me to it. Unless Mumbles85 is replaced, I'll transfer my vote to him. Welcome to celtic209, whenever you arrive in this thread.

    unvote vote: Mumbles85

  2. #1042
    Mechagnome Rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    538
    So, while you guys vote on lurkers, let me remind you that voting in lurkers gives us no voting evidence for the next day. If we lynch mumbles, we will be down to 22 at end of night. Then we lynch Roose and we are down to 18 at end of night (barring zero protections). It sucks that we have a few super lurkers, but we aren't in the numbers position to simply waste two game days lynching two lurkers and getting no evidence. That would simply be handing the game over to scum. That's not to say that the night kills won't be scum, or that Roose and Mumbles aren't scum themselves, but historically speaking lunching lurkers has not been something that have us good results.

    I would suggest any vigilantes to kill the two lurkers so we can still have a chance to get voter evidence. Vigi's goal is a town win and we can't win if we keep lurkers around all game. We also won't win if we waste our lynches on the lurkers. Just imagine having 8 people less in this game right now with the information we have.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

  3. #1043
    High Overlord Rigimi44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    158
    Great, SaintSinner is gone. Atleast Mumble has posted, but if he doesn't do anything soon, I'll consider voting.

    Unvote
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

  4. #1044
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Random observation.

    In our previous games with the regular posters, we'd kind of eliminated lurking. People knew we'd lynch them if they just didn't post at all so they would at least post. Some would get around it by posting only fluff or posting on Day 1 and then lurking, but bar the odd exception we'd generally have either no lurkers or only 1 lurker which provided us with an easy Day 1 Lynch anyway

    In this new game though, we have a bunch of new people. Most of whom arne't posting much at all, and as a result we actually seem to be gaining less posts than normal on day 2 because a bunch of people who normally woudn't lurk because they know we'd lynch them, now probably feel safe to lurk just because we have so many lurkers.

    Like Eniah is only on 7 posts. Everyone around him is either new or Kuthe who isn't new but hasn't played in so long I don't know if he normally doesn't post much. If Eniah were to be on 7 posts over a week into the game normally, he'd be lynched right now but we've got so many people below his post count or around his post count...

    And to the new people who don't know why we don't like lurkers. It essentially ruins the fun of the game. If everyone was on 7 posts this thread would be on page 10, about a page a day or less. Not much would have been said, so we couldn't get a handle on what anyone's like (for example, has anyone picked up what Eniahs like, what's he saying/doing? I've not a clue) Very little would be known, we probably wouldn't have got a lynch at all and that's basically exactly what mafia would want. No talking means no information means no lynching means scum will win. But I think mostly it's because of the fun aspect. This game isn't fun if you just make one post a day.

    And sorry to pick on you Eniah if you ever actually read this, you're just the lowest post count poster who was in the previous few games.
    I only come to these forums to play this game - and I only have time to come to the forums once every 24 hours or so and less over the weekends (which is why I didn't post during the treann debacle). If that's not enough activity for you then I'll asked to be replaced. I don't have any other hours in the day to commit to a game like this.

    It's likely that this is the same for the other new players on these boards (eg. mumbles). The amount of fluff that you post is enough to scare anyone new off - I know that I thought about walking away when we started, because there was just so much reading involved and most of it non-game related. That's how you guys play, it's fine, it just takes some adjusting from another set of boards.

    Quote Originally Posted by Allysene View Post
    Considering that there was 3 kill on night, i think that there's like 2 teams of 4-5 and the single man assassin, Fire.
    I would suggest that there is a cult in here too... Greeney usually adds a cult when he mods & I think that a mafia of 30ppl is a good candidate for one.

    At this stage, I have no intention of voting for people who haven't posted yet - we can vote and hammer them in the last 24 hours. Voting for mumbles seems like a stalling tactic in my opinion. It's not going to get him to vote any quicker.

    unvote
    vote: Firebert
    for the reason above

    Robozerim followed the BW very quickly.
    Lysah, in my opinion, has added very little substance of today. From my perspective has successfully started a BW on a cop and made comments to offend someone to the extent of removing their enjoyment of the game and therefore activity. If she's been playing for as long as she says she has, then she should know better.

  5. #1045
    and my posts are still being moderated. #fml

  6. #1046
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by faraway14 View Post
    and my posts are still being moderated. #fml
    You're at 15 posts, shouldn't be anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  7. #1047
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    You're at 15 posts, shouldn't be anymore.
    His huge post was but it isn't anymore.

    Your posts now shouldn't be moderated at all since you have 15 posts.

  8. #1048
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by faraway14 View Post
    and my posts are still being moderated. #fml
    They really shouldn't be.

    Edit: Oh. Majad clarified. If you have any more troubles PM Sunshine. Or bump yourself up to 20 posts.

    Very glad to see SaintSinner has been replaced. Welcome Celtic209.

    And what's the best way to welcome a new player?

    VOTE Celtic209

    Ha! :3

    Jk.

    UNVOTE

    Now post or that vote will be back before you know it!

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  9. #1049
    MMOC vets vs newbies, hmmmmm
    We saw what happened when we gave Majad the benefit of the doubt because it was his first game, but I'll keep thinking.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  10. #1050
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    MMOC vets vs newbies, hmmmmm
    We saw what happened when we gave Majad the benefit of the doubt because it was his first game, but I'll keep thinking.
    I don't get it.

    Why did you give me the benefit of doubt on my first game? :p

    I think I wasn't lurking in there, I don't really remember that game.

  11. #1051
    Thanks Majad!

    @Dyra, let's wait till he gets on the boards shall we - then vote for him...
    @Lysah, yet another enthralling post filled with wisdom and perspective.

  12. #1052
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't get it.

    Why did you give me the benefit of doubt on my first game? :p

    I think I wasn't lurking in there, I don't really remember that game.
    From what I remember, almost everyone in the game FoS'd you at some point or another, but decided not to try to lynch you because it was your first game and we don't want to insta-lynch newbies because then they'll think mafia is boring and not play again. And then you ended up being scum and town lost =p

    @faraway14
    If you're trying to provoke me you can go ahead and give up; you don't even know what my buttons are.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  13. #1053
    Field Marshal Krayzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idaho, PotatoLandUSA
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by faraway14 View Post
    I only come to these forums to play this game - and I only have time to come to the forums once every 24 hours or so and less over the weekends (which is why I didn't post during the treann debacle). If that's not enough activity for you then I'll asked to be replaced. I don't have any other hours in the day to commit to a game like this.

    It's likely that this is the same for the other new players on these boards (eg. mumbles). The amount of fluff that you post is enough to scare anyone new off - I know that I thought about walking away when we started, because there was just so much reading involved and most of it non-game related. That's how you guys play, it's fine, it just takes some adjusting from another set of boards.



    I would suggest that there is a cult in here too... Greeney usually adds a cult when he mods & I think that a mafia of 30ppl is a good candidate for one.

    At this stage, I have no intention of voting for people who haven't posted yet - we can vote and hammer them in the last 24 hours. Voting for mumbles seems like a stalling tactic in my opinion. It's not going to get him to vote any quicker.

    unvote
    vote: Firebert
    for the reason above

    Robozerim followed the BW very quickly.
    Lysah, in my opinion, has added very little substance of today. From my perspective has successfully started a BW on a cop and made comments to offend someone to the extent of removing their enjoyment of the game and therefore activity. If she's been playing for as long as she says she has, then she should know better.
    Lysah has been playing for quite a while and this is how she plays every game. She pushes buttons and get people on tilt to the point where they lash out and often times mess up. She learns a lot of info by reading into how people respond and will often change her votes after their response because that response made her think that person wasn't scum If people wouldn't take things so seriously (really...some people get offended when someone votes on them or if they argue with them). Lysah COULD be scum and could have just been using that back and forth to throw people off their games and get them focused on a stupid back and forth instead of focusing on what actually matters to the game. It's a good strategy if you are scum. It may not be as effective if a townie (because others get lost in the situation and forget to push what they actually believe in), but either was (if she's a townie or scum) she is learning info. She will use that info as she sees fit.

    Believe me, I know firsthand how Lysah likes to target people. Over the course of quite a few games I was her main target in this strategy of hers. I'm not sure why she stopped trying it with me, but I'm guessing it's because I stopped replying at all, so she knew she wouldn't learn much.

    Now onto who to vote on.

    Unvote Vote Mumbles85

    Inactive people who don't bother to contribute anything meaningful are great for the scum to keep around. There are no positive reasons for the town to keep them around though.

  14. #1054
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    From what I remember, almost everyone in the game FoS'd you at some point or another, but decided not to try to lynch you because it was your first game and we don't want to insta-lynch newbies because then they'll think mafia is boring and not play again. And then you ended up being scum and town lost =p
    I was scum in my first game? o.O

    Okay, I didn't remember that...

  15. #1055
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    @faraway14
    If you're trying to provoke me you can go ahead and give up; you don't even know what my buttons are.
    less provocation, more fact. I am waiting for when you to post something with substance regarding the game.

    I'd also like to understand why you went so hard after treann yesterday?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 11:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Lysah has been playing for quite a while and this is how she plays every game. She pushes buttons and get people on tilt to the point where they lash out and often times mess up. She learns a lot of info by reading into how people respond and will often change her votes after their response because that response made her think that person wasn't scum If people wouldn't take things so seriously (really...some people get offended when someone votes on them or if they argue with them). Lysah COULD be scum and could have just been using that back and forth to throw people off their games and get them focused on a stupid back and forth instead of focusing on what actually matters to the game. It's a good strategy if you are scum. It may not be as effective if a townie (because others get lost in the situation and forget to push what they actually believe in), but either was (if she's a townie or scum) she is learning info. She will use that info as she sees fit.

    Believe me, I know firsthand how Lysah likes to target people. Over the course of quite a few games I was her main target in this strategy of hers. I'm not sure why she stopped trying it with me, but I'm guessing it's because I stopped replying at all, so she knew she wouldn't learn much.
    Inactive people who don't bother to contribute anything meaningful are great for the scum to keep around. There are no positive reasons for the town to keep them around though.
    Thanks for the tip.

  16. #1056
    Field Marshal Krayzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idaho, PotatoLandUSA
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by faraway14 View Post
    less provocation, more fact. I am waiting for when you to post something with substance regarding the game.

    I'd also like to understand why you went so hard after treann yesterday?
    She, and others, have explained many times why we voted for Treann.

    I'll say it again for you though.

    Treann was playing the game in a completely different manner than he usually plays. He almost always posted only a few times a day if that in previous games so it sent off alarm bells (at least it did for me) that something was up. I was wrong (being wrong happens). I still don't regret the vote though. He seemed the most suspicious out of anyone playing up till that point.

  17. #1057

  18. #1058
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I was scum in my first game? o.O

    Okay, I didn't remember that...
    I think it was your first game =/
    I don't remember for sure.

    @Krayzy
    I stopped targeting you because I learned how to read you :3
    Although your play style has changed a lot over time (since the first game that I got banned in and you were mason) and I don't really feel reliable about it anymore, I still read you as town generally and so leave it at that. So far this game I've mostly only argued with people voting on me, I think.

    @faraway14
    As was explained then, and agreed upon by a large portion of the game, Treann was acting very uncharactaristic. First, he almost always complains that he doesn't have a power role unless he has a power role, so we could figure he did have a power role. We were right about this. Second, he posted like crazy. The last time he got mafia he lurked like hell and was killed for it, so I reasoned that he was trying a new tactic this time. Considering he got 15 more votes, I know I'm not the only person who came up with this thought process. Finally, a -1 role claim and self vote are both bad behavior and warrant a lynch, in my opinion.

    As we MMOC users have discussed before, Day 1 lynches will ALWAYS be a random shot in the dark, at best. When someone acts extremely out of character, they make themselves a great target for the day 1 vote tally. It is unfortunate that we lost a cop, but let's also try to use the information instead of just repeatedly complaining about a day 1 mistake and acting like the game is already lost for town. We have a great list of votes (and no votes), and like I said before, most of the scum are probably hiding in the no vote list. Scum tend to play it safe on day 1 and wouldn't have jumped on a bandwagon that was not actually likely to happen at all until NFT voted on himself and caused people to pile on.

    Look at the people who conveniently didn't vote yesterday, look at how many are conveniently still hiding in the background of this discussion. Look at the people who jumped on the opportunity to bring down the hammer after NFT voted on himself and gave them a great reason to vote on him.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2013-01-17 at 12:00 AM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  19. #1059
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Treann was playing the game in a completely different manner than he usually plays. He almost always posted only a few times a day if that in previous games so it sent off alarm bells (at least it did for me) that something was up. I was wrong (being wrong happens). I still don't regret the vote though. He seemed the most suspicious out of anyone playing up till that point.
    You guys play so differently than I - lynch a RC'd cop on day 1 because of a change of playing behaviour? I would have at least waited to see if he'd come with anything on D2 or D3. Even if he didn't come up with the goods, he would have been a magnet for almost every mafia action under the sun - perhaps saving a town death on N1.

    While I don't agree with your reasoning, there's nothing we can do now - thanks for repeating.

  20. #1060
    It is unfortunate. Of course, we don't know what the game comp is, town win might already be reliant on scum hitting each other. MMOC games are generally set up that way.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •