Page 76 of 116 FirstFirst ...
26
66
74
75
76
77
78
86
... LastLast
  1. #1501
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Stop doing what? Voting on scum? Why is that so offensive to you? I can think of only one reason.
    Honestly what I find annoying (and this isnt just limited to him) is a person saying "Vote X because I say so and if you dont you're scum!"

    It pisses me off. Because it takes away my choice as to who to vote for. Mafia is a game of reason and argument. When you take away both you aren't playing mafia anymore

  2. #1502
    You won't find much reason and argument here, just a lot of yelling.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  3. #1503
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,652
    What Celtic said.
    Not because he's voting scum, which isn't certain (yea it's likely but not certain) but because he's voting with no explanation, no logic. Just voting and telling everyone to follow him. That's not how this game works.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 07:40 PM ----------

    Also I'd really like to see what the explanation for his vote is if he can't explain it even if not explaining it gets him killed.

  4. #1504
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You won't find much reason and argument here, just a lot of yelling.
    How can you yell through a forum?

    Worg wants us to trust him and because we aren't, i believe that hes acting like a child. Thats why I refuse vote his direction. If he offered up an explanation other then "Vote x or your scum" I might believe him but as it is, hes just pissing me off

  5. #1505
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,147
    I really enjoy how you two are getting so flared up about this.
    It's really amusing now.

    Now that you apparently have all this secret mojo info, and are also masons.
    Claiming to have all this special stuff would make you a damn target anyway, so unless your cheating, I really don't see the god damn point in hiding it and expecting us to follow you like lambs.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  6. #1506
    Mechagnome Rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Listen, I can't say why I'm voting for Faraway, I really can't. You'll learn later once the game is over pretty much or if certain things happen. My death would another town fuck up here. I already told you why I voted Arlee, she told me she was Elvis and Foxxi flipped Elvis. She even admitted to all of that. Greeney even admitted to his mess up after Arlee was lynched. Idk why people are still 'HURR DURR WORGEN VOTED ARLEE AND GAVE NO EXPLANASHUN!'

    and read the fucking first line before any of you conveniently skip it. Thank you.


    FoS Anyone voting me as scum would want a townie dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Yes, you dun fucked up. I said Faraway is scum, I have my reasons, I can't say them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    This game has gone down the shitter.
    The lack of you being able to or wanting to explain your position on Faraway is the reason you are getting your votes currently. While Faraway's claim seems a little iffy, and Kapaya's rebuttal was to be expected, I'm not willing to possibly lynch either due to the unknown's surrounding the situation. The only known thing I have is your 'random' voting right at the start of day with little to no explanation than "HEY GUYS TRUST ME ON THIS BUT I CANT TELL YOU!!!" comes off very scummy. If you truly do have a detective role, and hit the bullseye on Faraway, then this is one horrible way of going about trying to get the town on your side.

    Also, something Lysah was so adamant about games ago was the idea of townies and to an extent TPR's being okay with being lynched as it provided more information to the rest of the town to continue voting on. If you do get lynched, we will have some voting records to go with. If you come back with a TPR, and one that can prove to us that Faraway is evul, then it'll be a no brainer during the next day phase. If you come back town, then you severely hurt us with your supposed crusade. Why would a regular townie KNOW that Faraway is scum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    You guys lynched the cop. You lynched Arlee(who was town) and you all lynched Silkku(I think I might have voted on this one though). The worst part? You're still wanting to lynch a townie. Good show guys.
    A few of us were reluctant to lynch Treann, yourself included. There would have been no harm allowing him to live through a night or two and prove his claim. Arlee was an unfortunate situation. I can see why you pushed for that vote, but I can't follow your 'logic' a second time. As for Silkku, he was night killed the first night, not lynched.

    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    That's why I'm saying everyone voting me is scum. Can you all really be so(I don't want to say stupid) that you'll lynch whoever b/c 'I GET VOTES!'? Both Lysah and I know Faraway is scum, yet here you all are sitting here voting for me b/c 'he didn't give a proper explanation'. Why did you all vote off Treann? He fucking claimed cop for crying out loud. There's several more people deserving of votes than myself, Faraway included, yet you're all voting me b/c of the most stupidest reason I've seen anyone voted yet. Actually, it's the 2nd most, the most was Treann's lynch(though he didn't do himself any favors). Here I am trying to help turn this game around and no one will listen. [COLOR="red"]
    Unfortunately insulting the rest of the players isn't going to get them to take their votes off you and on to someone else. And actually, its not one of the worst reasons to vote for someone. The rest of us don't have the inside that you and Lysah apparently have. Following you blindly is as dangerous for us as you say lynching you would be. If we lynch Faraway and he comes back Timothy Drake as he claims, then we go for Kapaya, you or Lysah. Of course you and Lysah would be able to claim that you were going off information from another source and not necessarily your own TPR actions and use that as your protection from being lynched. You might even get lucky by hanging back a bit and sending a few votes to Kapaya. But that won't happen. As it stands you are at the cusp of a lynch. You won't explain yourself or your vote, but lynching you may give us the supposed information you aren't willing to give us through your role. Don't worry, my vote is staying where I have it because I don't trust any of the claims being made by You, Lysah, listo, Faraway or Kapaya.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

  7. #1507
    High Overlord Rigimi44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    158
    Holy crap, look what I came back to. First off, Worgen, like rolo said, insulting people doesn't help your case. You really have backed into a corner. At this point, if anyone were to quickly unvote you, they would be accused of being scum wanting to hide. The same goes for voting for you, it could be seen as scum wanting to finish off a townie.

    At this point, I am almost positive Faraway is the Mad Hatter. He could have googled which Robin was in the Arkham games (Tim Drake) to get a claim, because nobody can prove he isn't Robin until someone counter-claims. It makes the most sense for the Mad Hatter to be a Vampire SK role, because then we would have around 3 SKs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far we have The Riddler, and Zzaz. The only thing that puts a wrench in that is Scarecrow. I'm not sure where he fits in.

    Unvote Vote Faraway
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

  8. #1508
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,147
    I didn't vote for NFT, I didn't vote for Arlee.
    My conscience is clear.

    Day 1 votes are stupid, let alone on NFT because he voted for himself for lulz.
    Arlee was an accident on Greeney's behalf, oh well.

    Neither are my problem, and the fact that you are trying to use those now, well it's amusing.

    My vote stays on you, and I hope you die. Atleast then we will know if we can trust Lysah or not.

    Please stop acting like your 10, it's a game and your over 20.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  9. #1509
    Mechagnome Rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dwarf Lover View Post
    At this point, I am almost positive Faraway is the Mad Hatter. He could have googled which Robin was in the Arkham games (Tim Drake) to get a claim, because nobody can prove he isn't Robin until someone counter-claims. It makes the most sense for the Mad Hatter to be a Vampire SK role, because then we would have around 3 SKs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far we have The Riddler, and Zzaz. The only thing that puts a wrench in that is Scarecrow. I'm not sure where he fits in.
    While I don't disagree that Mad Hatter could be a Vamp SK, he hasn't made a kill (as far as we can tell) yet, and only states in his storied interview that he does not have access to his equipment. Scarecrow is show cased in the last night story as using his toxin on Batman, and then all of a sudden Batman kills Talia. There is no point in bringing Scarecrow into the story as doing that unless it was his night target. For that reason, I believe Scarecrow to have the Vamp SK action, but not the SK role. I can't explain what the group makeup would be, but I don't see how we could have 3 loan (or more) SKs and somehow Greeney limits their night actions specifically. If anything, they are a scum group hellbent on destroying Batman and to (for the sake of the game) the League Mafia and Town. Riddler is the only person to have been showcased every night so far, and it seems like his night kill is limited to answering his riddle. I would pin Zsasz, Scarecrow and Joker together for the sake of in game structure. Don't know who would be their forth. Or maybe Joker and Harley are a mafia mason duo. Hmm.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 06:16 AM ----------

    Then again maybe Batman and Robin are the Town aligned mason group.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

  10. #1510
    My 10 what? My over 20 what? Who have I insulted directly? The votes won't change so I have to resort to less pleasing means to get people to at least realize the error of their ways. If you were under fire I doubt you'd do any different. It's not acting like a child to call out everyone for voting on a townie.

    I am a townie. No one will believe me so what more can I do? People claim this game is of discussion and such, but when no one listens to anything, there's not room for discussion. You want to discuss? Tell me why you won't believe me. Tell me your role. Discuss with me. I'm waiting. I asked BrandonC for his role during Arlee's lynch and he never responded. Not so much as a quote saying 'sorry, but I won't answer that.' At least I'm being truthful. I am a townie. What are you Kuthe? What are you Ana? Let's go ahead and discuss, but wait, there's not going to be discussion, just voting on Worg b/c he voted someone he knows is scum. I'm not going to give my reason as it's something that can't be given. Stop asking for it. As I said, you'll find out after the game or maybe even sooner if certain things are put in motion. One of the prerequisites for those certain things is not lynching me and lynching the scum that most of you are ignoring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    No, Worgie is right. If a group is larger than 10 it will automatically divide itself into hunters and gatherers and instinctively build a life around the general vicinity. Soon enough you'll have camp fires, pelts, and a hungry god demanding tribute by blood.

    It's basic human nature, Arlee. Trust me, I'm a marine biologist.

  11. #1511
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Oddly, I seem to take insults, whether directed entirely at me or at me by default, quite personally. I don't like to be insulted, and I'm not willing to trust someone's claim if all they do is insult me or others. We have yet to see any logic here, I can't think of a reason that you won't tell us how you got your information besides protection from being killed in the night. As you are somewhat close to being lynched, I don't see any reason you should continue to dodge questions when any role and any action and any event can be explained, I see no reason to not explain yourself because if you don't, you'll get lynched anyways, and not only will we lynch a TPR, but we'll get no information for it. The only reason to not explain yourself at this point is because your scum, or you just don't care.


    Sorry if this post is a little redundant or doesn't make complete sense, I'm posting from a phone, and I'm pretty horrible at writing posts on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  12. #1512
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Tell me why you won't believe me.
    We have. Give us an explanation or give us a better reason why you can't explain other than "just because"
    Like I said even if you did know for sure faraway was scum, randomly voting him and expecting everyone else to go along with it is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Tell me your role.
    What?....that's the scummiest request I've ever seen.

  13. #1513
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    102
    Its almost like worg is trying to get lynched....Hmmmm....

  14. #1514
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Wait, you're complaining that we're stifling discussion? That's odd, I remember a page back when you said there was no use in discussing and the only reason you're talking now is because we called you out for not discussing anything. I wouldn't expect anyone to role claim at all since they could be killed if they claim a TPR and no one believes VT claims. The only reason a townie should role claim is to protect a TPR, to gainers information or if they are going to get lynched for no benefit. The last reason is what you are in now, if you really do have a role, then it is nonsense for you to get lynched without telling us about your role. Given the large number of roles in this game, I would be willing to bet that there is still a townie besides you and Lysah (this assuming you are town) that have roles, possibly ones that can protect. At very least we'd have a good idea of who is scum if you do die and if you do if us information before your death. As it stands, you or Lysah might be killed off anyways, because if the mafia thinks you have a power role, and you're not mafia, why not target you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  15. #1515
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,652
    If the reason you can't explain why you believe faraway is scum is because you found out in a way that will cause you to be a NK target then forget about it, you're already both a NK and a lynch target. If we lynch faraway and you're correct then you'll be NK because now you'd be a guaranteed TPR that has a Night action capable of finding scum, and one trusted by the town. If we kill faraway and you're wrong, then you're next and if we don't kill faraway then you're first. At least in killing you we'll hopefully get an explanation that you seem incapable of giving.

    Well I hope we get an explanation. If we lynch you and you're a regular VT I'm going to be really frustrated at the lack of explanation.

  16. #1516
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Oddly, I seem to take insults, whether directed entirely at me or at me by default, quite personally. I don't like to be insulted, and I'm not willing to trust someone's claim if all they do is insult me or others. We have yet to see any logic here, I can't think of a reason that you won't tell us how you got your information besides protection from being killed in the night. As you are somewhat close to being lynched, I don't see any reason you should continue to dodge questions when any role and any action and any event can be explained, I see no reason to not explain yourself because if you don't, you'll get lynched anyways, and not only will we lynch a TPR, but we'll get no information for it. The only reason to not explain yourself at this point is because your scum, or you just don't care.


    Sorry if this post is a little redundant or doesn't make complete sense, I'm posting from a phone, and I'm pretty horrible at writing posts on my phone.
    There's a reason I can't tell you. It's not obvious, but those who can see the pieces can know why I can't say. I will continue to say I CAN NOT TELL YOU until this game is over, whether I'm on my last vote or if I'm dead. Again the reasons I can't is not obvious but to those who would actually pay attention.

    I'm not scum and I do care. I care more than you know, and I will fight to my last vote if I have to. I have no information though beyond Faraway being scum. Vote me off if you want, but when I flip town, promise me you'll vote off faraway next.

    ana's stuff
    I've laid my role out on the table several times now and you're hiding behind the veil of secrecy and have the audacity to call me scum? lolk

    dec again
    I honestly never remember anything but a post or two before I say anything. Celtic is the one complaining of stifling discussion, yet here all of you are stifling me from doing anything.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 08:43 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    If the reason you can't explain why you believe faraway is scum is because you found out in a way that will cause you to be a NK target then forget about it, you're already both a NK and a lynch target. If we lynch faraway and you're correct then you'll be NK because now you'd be a guaranteed TPR that has a Night action capable of finding scum, and one trusted by the town. If we kill faraway and you're wrong, then you're next and if we don't kill faraway then you're first. At least in killing you we'll hopefully get an explanation that you seem incapable of giving.

    Well I hope we get an explanation. If we lynch you and you're a regular VT I'm going to be really frustrated at the lack of explanation.
    Not a cop, jack, detective or anything of the sort.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 08:44 AM ----------

    and again, you're not getting an explanation from me till after this game is over. Now, if certain things happen though, you'll more than likely put 2 and 2 together and be like 'Ohhhhhhh, that's why he wouldn't tell us' and again, doing that would require lynching Faraway and not myself. I don't care if I get nk'd but stop wasting our lynches, the only way we can kill scum, on townies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    No, Worgie is right. If a group is larger than 10 it will automatically divide itself into hunters and gatherers and instinctively build a life around the general vicinity. Soon enough you'll have camp fires, pelts, and a hungry god demanding tribute by blood.

    It's basic human nature, Arlee. Trust me, I'm a marine biologist.

  17. #1517
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    My 10 what? My over 20 what? Who have I insulted directly? The votes won't change so I have to resort to less pleasing means to get people to at least realize the error of their ways. If you were under fire I doubt you'd do any different. It's not acting like a child to call out everyone for voting on a townie.

    I am a townie. No one will believe me so what more can I do? People claim this game is of discussion and such, but when no one listens to anything, there's not room for discussion. You want to discuss? Tell me why you won't believe me. Tell me your role. Discuss with me. I'm waiting. I asked BrandonC for his role during Arlee's lynch and he never responded. Not so much as a quote saying 'sorry, but I won't answer that.' At least I'm being truthful. I am a townie. What are you Kuthe? What are you Ana? Let's go ahead and discuss, but wait, there's not going to be discussion, just voting on Worg b/c he voted someone he knows is scum. I'm not going to give my reason as it's something that can't be given. Stop asking for it. As I said, you'll find out after the game or maybe even sooner if certain things are put in motion. One of the prerequisites for those certain things is not lynching me and lynching the scum that most of you are ignoring.
    You claim to say that you aren't complaining of a lack of discussion. Seems to me this post says just the opposite.

    Also, if you don't have a special role, how could you know about anyone's role? Unless you continued to PM people that you're not affiliated with? You either have a special role, haven't been following the rules, or you are scum. I'd be alright with losing a VT if you haven't been following the rules, you'll be NKed (or at least targeted) if you have a special role so there is no reason not to tell us, or you're scum, in which case, I'd be more than happy to lynch you.

    The only exception I can think of to this is of you are protecting someone you are connected with because of your role or someone else's role and we'd be able to connect them to you and get more than just you, one townie killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  18. #1518
    Moderator Anakso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    4,652
    The thing is you aren't even saying why you can't tell us. It's completely ridiculous.

    Here is a quick reenactment of what you're doing so you can see how ridiculous it is.

    "fakevote faraway
    Can't say why, you'll just have to take my word that faraway is scum. I can't say why I can't say why but trust me I'm town, don't worry I'll tell you all why when the games over at which point it will be irrelevant anyway but just trust me fara is scum."

    I included the word fake before vote just so greeney didn't accidentally count it as my vote xD
    Anyway now I'm off to bed.

  19. #1519
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    You claim to say that you aren't complaining of a lack of discussion. Seems to me this post says just the opposite.

    Also, if you don't have a special role, how could you know about anyone's role? Unless you continued to PM people that you're not affiliated with? You either have a special role, haven't been following the rules, or you are scum. I'd be alright with losing a VT if you haven't been following the rules, you'll be NKed (or at least targeted) if you have a special role so there is no reason not to tell us, or you're scum, in which case, I'd be more than happy to lynch you.

    The only exception I can think of to this is of you are protecting someone you are connected with because of your role or someone else's role and we'd be able to connect them to you and get more than just you, one townie killed.
    Celtic was the one complaining of not being able to discuss.

    Again, if you knew more, you'd either a)know right away(much like Lysah) or b)will figure it out when the time comes. Again, I am not scum but no one will listen. There's no rule against pm'ing. I said it once and I'll say it again. That said, it's not from pm'ing I would know. And it's extremely scummy wanting to lynch a townie, even if it's just a vt b/c you'll lost votes. The town isn't likely in a good predicament anymore(no idea, everything is hidden) being ok with losing a town on a lynch? If I wasn't 100% sure Faraway was scum, I'd vote for you. I'm playing to win. What are you doing if you're town?

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 09:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    The thing is you aren't even saying why you can't tell us. It's completely ridiculous.

    Here is a quick reenactment of what you're doing so you can see how ridiculous it is.

    "fakevote faraway
    Can't say why, you'll just have to take my word that faraway is scum. I can't say why I can't say why but trust me I'm town, don't worry I'll tell you all why when the games over at which point it will be irrelevant anyway but just trust me fara is scum."

    I included the word fake before vote just so greeney didn't accidentally count it as my vote xD
    Anyway now I'm off to bed.
    Except, if I knew the reasoning behind someone else's vote, it wouldn't be ridiculous. Lysah has obviously caught on. It's time for you too as well. Again, use your head or wait for the certain something to happen. Either way, lynching me is not in the town's best interest b/c honestly, why would you want to lose another vote? I might be nk'd, who knows at this point, I'm just a vt so a kill on me would be lovely, but don't waste our lynches on a vt like y'all did with Arlee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    No, Worgie is right. If a group is larger than 10 it will automatically divide itself into hunters and gatherers and instinctively build a life around the general vicinity. Soon enough you'll have camp fires, pelts, and a hungry god demanding tribute by blood.

    It's basic human nature, Arlee. Trust me, I'm a marine biologist.

  20. #1520
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    102
    Lysah can explain if you're unwilling to.

    And please none of this "She can't either" bullshit. I've had enough of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •