Page 45 of 116 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just in case, there was a typo in my previous message. Day ends January 14th at 11:59 which is tomorrow (Monday) and not Tuesday.

Deleted
    Bumping this again for Greeney.

This is a reminder that you only have 12 hours to get in your night action if you have not sent it already.

Deleted
    Bumping for Greeney.

The Riddler's voice rang through the Asylum.
    "Time's up!" He said, "I have a face and two hands, but no legs. I have a child with a child, but no wife. What am I?"
    "Y-you're a g-grandfather clock!" The doctor answered hesitantly.
    "Wrong, it was some old man who was crippled after I electrocuted his wife."
    ---
    Batman was heading towards Warden Sharp's office, where The Riddler was last seen when he got an alert from Oracle.
    "Bruce? Can you hear me!"
    Batman placed his fingers next to his ears, "Come in Barbara, can you tell me if you managed to trace the Riddler's whereabouts?"
    "Bruce, I was in the middle of it, but the mansion is under attack!"
    "Call Robin," Batman said, "tell him to help you."
    "Bruce, there's no time," she responded, "I'm not going to make it!"
    He heard some yelling inside the ear communicator he used.
    "Hello Bruce," A new voice called out.
    "Let me go!" He heard Barbara call out in the background.
    "Who are you?" Batman requested.
    "My name is not of any importance at this moment," the man responded, "what is important is that I have found out the identity of the Batman."
    "What do you want?" Batman asked.
    "A new Arkham," the stranger responded, "without a new plague of criminals caused by you."
    "Tell me," the man continued, "why this code of justice? Do you not kill these inmates because you want some sort of fame or glory for continuously capturing them? Must thousands die to protect a mass murderer like the Joker?"
    "If I killed the Joker I would be no better than him!" Batman responded.
    "No Batman," the man responded angrily, "because you don't kill him, it makes him better than even you. We, however, will make sure both you and he can no longer cause any further harm to Gotham once we rebuild it from the ashes."

Batman got into Warden Sharp's office, but he didn't see the Riddler or Dr. Whistler. He saw a bald, pale man lying face down in a pool of sweat. Batman turned him over and saw that his suspicions were correct. It was Mr. Freeze; Batman put two of his fingers on Victor Fries' neck, but could not feel a pulse.

A tape recorder was left on the desk, next to some of Warden Sharp's notes containing a detailed plan to extend Arkham into its own small city and other notes for his next media conference.

Batman clicked the play button on the tape recorder.
    "Wrong, it was some old man who was crippled after I electrocuted his wife." The Riddler said again before congratulating Batman on finding his first hint and warning that the next clue would appear if he continued playing the tape.
    "Maybe you can save the next victim in time!"
    "You're sick!" Dr. Whistler's voice stated in the background, "Please let me help you!"
    "Shut up," The Riddler told her, "I don't need your help."
    The tape stopped, Batman clicked the play button again.

Interview 1: Elvis Jones
    "Hello, Elvis," a very familiar voice stated "you've been working for Gotham Police for how long now?"
    It was the same voice Batman heard on his ear communicator moments ago.
    "Almost a decade," Elvis responded.
    "I see," The man answered, "and why did you feel you needed a psychiatrist Mr. Jones?"
    "I was ordered here," Elvis Jones said, "The Penguin killed my partner."
    "You're the third one this week," The man sighed, "to come see me because of a repeat murderer."
    "I followed protocol," Jones continued, "but he just rushed inside. I should have went in to help him! It's all my fault!"
    "It's not your fault," the man responded, "It was Batman's fault for bringing him to Arkham Asylum where he escaped so easily."
    "Batman's fault?" Jones asked; One could tell he was stunned by the psychiatrist's opinion.

There must have been a television around, a clip began to play and a woman's voice announced.
    "Gotham! We have breaking news," she said, "just after my colleague, Jack Ryder, announced that Quincy Sharp would be elected as mayor, his plane was flown directly into the sea Arkham Asylum! We are not yet sure why, but we'll keep updating you as we get more information! Do not change the channel, Gotham!"

Alive:
    1. Eniah
    2. Lysah
    3. Robozerim
    4. Worgenite
    5. Keleb
    6. Dyra
    7. Majad
    8. BrandonC
    9. Anakso
    10. Arlee
    11. listo95
    12. Kapaya
    13. Mumbles85
    14. foxximcleod
    15. Allysene
    16. rolo4804
    17. The Dwarf Lover
    18. Firebert
    19. Decagon
    20. Kuthe
    21. Vanatos
    22. Krayzy
    23. Saint Sinner
    24. Faraway14
    25. Falbacca
    26. Roose
    Replacements:
    * Nuex
    * Celtic209

Dead:
    Day 1: Nightfury Treann - Commissioner Gordon - Cop - Town
    Night 1: Kel - Mr. Freeze - Jailkeeper - Town
    Night 1: Silkku - Oracle - Tracker - Town
    Night 1: Elyaan - Jack Ryder - Vanilla - Town

Character: Mr. Freeze
    You are Victor Fries. Once you were a well respected cryogenic expert until your wife fell ill with a rare disease. You were able to cryogenically freeze her, and the complex cure you finally perfected was stolen by your CEO Ferris Boyle. While trying to get it back you were submerged in your own cryogenic chemicals. Your focus on protecting Nora and trying to avenge anyone who tried to harm her turned you into a frequent adversary of Batman. However, the only thing that truly matters to you anymore is Nora's welfare. As many of Gotham's wrongdoers have tried to take Nora and threatened to kill her, you will work with Batman to rid Arkham of these people.

Role: Jailkeeper
    Your knowledge of cryogenic have turned you into a formidable enemy. Each night you can use your devices to freeze one player of your choice. That individual will be protected from harm, but will be unable to use any of their own abilities.

Win Condition: You win with the town.
    You can only win the game once there are no more mafia members and/or serial killers left in the game.
    Character: Oracle
    You are Barbara Gordon, close friend of Batman and daughter of commissioner Gordon. You were once known as the crimefighter, Batgirl, until you were crippled at the hands of the Joker. Now you use your abilities to work alongside Bruce Wayne to provide him with any information he needs to help save Gotham.

Role: Tracker
    You are an expert hacker and with the technology of today it makes you an invaluable asset for Batman. You can use your skills to track any one player of your choice, each night, to find out who that individual targeted.

You can only win the game once there are no more mafia members and/or serial killers left in the game.
    Character: Jack Ryder
    You are Jack Ryder, a well known news anchor in Gotham City. You always seem to be trying to get closer to the action. You got a tip that Arkham Asylum is about to be taken over by the Joker soon and you are getting ready to go in a helicopter to broadcast it.

Role: Vanilla Townie
    You do not have any unique ability that can provide assistance in this game.

It is now Day 2:
    Day will end on Sunday, January 20, at 12:15 AM EST.
    There is a potential extension for 48 hours.

With 26 alive, it takes 14 to lynch.
    If nobody is lynched by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.

Riddle:
    Day 2
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-01-15 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting, head to bed though, will read it all tomorrow.

No new riddle? :3 or is that later? lol

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Batman hit the play button again on the tape recorder.
    "I suppose that a grandfather clock is an acceptable answer to the first riddle," The Riddler sighed, "so I'll give you another chance."

Day 2: Riddle me this!
    Though I'm green and tiny.
    I have large eyes.
    I kill my lover,
    Once I'm satisfied.
    What am I?
    You better beg your God I don't kill you if you can't figure out this simple one.

I / AM / A / _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _ _ _

The tape recorder stopped again.

I'll only accept your first answer, you can send the answer up until the day is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I get the shorter "special person" version of everything that was just said?

So we've lost the cop, jailkeeper, tracker, and a VT is one day.

Good start!...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably not hard to tell why Kel died. He claimed to have a night action and and that likely got people with night kills thinking he was a good target. The other two I'm not so sure about, I'll have to wade through the 44 pages of fluff to see if anything interesting was there.

Not a very good start to lose three power roles before day 2 even starts.

To Krayzy:

!) Riddler is a psychopath who did evil stuff in relation to his riddle. (speaking of which, I think it should say "After" he electrocuted the old man's wife instead of "before", since before then he still had a wife)
    2) Mr Freeze/Kel/Jailkeeper died
    3) Oracle (Silkku/Tracker) was killed by somebody who wants to kill people and get gotham to rise from the ashes.
    4) Some interview with a guy called Elvis. Sadly, he is not the King of Rock.
    5) Jack Ryder (Elyaan) died via helicopter crash into the ocean.

Hope that helps Krayzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    (speaking of which, I think it should say "After" he electrocuted the old man's wife instead of "before", since before then he still had a wife)
    Makes sense. Switched the word. Now I can sleep at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this another 5day long day. I hope it ends long before the 5 day limit this time, it got quite boring towards the end.

Again I can't get the riddle...hopefully it will click eventually xD

I only know the top two charecters and Mr Freeze was a good guy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Is this another 5day long day. I hope it ends long before the 5 day limit this time, it got quite boring towards the end.

Again I can't get the riddle...hopefully it will click eventually xD

I only know the top two charecters and Mr Freeze was a good guy!
    Yup, I guess some villains are town aligned, which'll make things more complicated.

Okay I've finished skimming the fluff to see what might have caused Silkku or Elyaan to be targeted.
    Silkku:
    -Says Kel is probably a bomb and then he said he had Kel "covered", which may be interpreted as him implying he had a power role.
    -Complains about people who complain about Lysah dieing early all the time.
    -At time argued against Treann in the Cop claim fiasco.
    Not much to go on with him from what I saw, sadly. The first one might have got him as a target by scum, the second I can't see standing out above the usual complaints in the thread, and the third is mild reason for a vigilante to perhaps target him.

Elyaan:
    -Made frequent "We kill the batman" and "Why so serious?" comments early on, implying joker. Possible vigilante target.
    -Quoted, or attempted to quote, the hero gotham needs/deserves lines from the dark knight, implying batman. Possible scum target.
    -Insulted Adam West Batman. Not much help unlesss you guys know who really likes Adam West here. Probably irrelevant.
    -Made a big deal about the riddle being easy when people said they didn't get it. Someone might have offed him for being a bit of a jerk.
    -Parodied himself from previous games where he did the "vote for me, I want you to, you'll regret it", some people may not see it as a joke and want him dead for general dickery.

So, yeah. That's what I saw. Not sure how much help that is.

FoS: Lysah. She was very eager to lynch Treann, even more so after he claimed cop.
    FoS: The Dwarf Lover. He says he agreed with the reasoning for people switching to Kel from Treann after his roleclaim yet wouldn't switch. Not that lynching Kel would have been much better, what with him being Jailkeeper.
    and last and least
    FoS: People who had a hard time with the riddle for the reason mentioned above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooooh!
    I should come up with a sardistic answer to the riddle, I half expected the Grandfather clock to be something twisted instead of the regular. Yey joker logic!

Another easy riddle though ^.^

What does Jack Ryder's death mean? Just some regular death to fit in with the 'lore' or what?
    So we have 3 Killers, whether it be two lots of SK's + Vigil. 2 mafias + SK. Vigil + SK + Mafia, or whatever random grouping I can think of.

So the news-person, the girl most likely in the story, can interview people. Because she's on the news, I would be right to figure she's a towny, and therefore an interviewer townie now knows who the 2nd cop is, or something along those lines?

Do we have 30 or 32 players? What do those 'replacements' after the 30 alive players mean?
    Offtopic-ish: Mr Green, can you please update the Page1 Alive/Dead thing. Thanks

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 06:45 PM ----------

Randomly enough I got bored and started to guess villains and who would have to be town aligned to fit in with the teams.
    I actually guessed Mr Victor Freeze was actually the Jailor. Yey me!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Seems we have at least three roles that can kill. The Death of Silkku has some indication that one of them is a Vigilante from the role play. I don't know if that's supposed to matter and if we're supposed to be able to read stuff into that and if I even did it right. Can't post much more now. I'll get back later.

15+ Year Old Account
    But grandfathers have wives! Grandmothers (typically) do not.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    I have caught up....and the riddle was a bit of a stumper at first, but I think I got it

Kel seemed like he was going to be targeted. Honestly I have no idea why a doctor didn't protect him(unless he jailed the doc or there are no docs). Elyaan seems out of the blue, maybe like what Robo said with peope wanting to kill him? Or maybe it was just a random choice. Silkku saying covered should alerted anyone who noticed that he might have been something like an observer/tracker.

WHAT DOES THE INVESTIGATION ON ELVIS JONES MEAN? Is it something some role does? Is it just story related? ONE MUST KNOW!
    Last edited by Loaf; 2013-01-15 at 10:49 AM.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by rolo4804 View Post
    But grandfathers have wives! Grandmothers (typically) do not.
    Yea, that's a bit strange. Perhaps it was a typo by Greeney?

I don't think we can try to read that much into who wanted someone dead.

FoS: Robozerim It seems you are trying to take advantage of something to put suspicion on Lysah being mafia as you did the last game when you yourself were mafia. While I didn't agree with the decision (and mine would only be marginally better) I accepted or found Lysah's reasoning rather valid. I'll have to review that part again though and see if I see the same way now.

10+ Year Old Account
    And back to business:
    VOTE: Kel.

With more Town PRs gone, you're even more likely to be scum.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And back to business:

Did I miss something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And back to business: