can glyph of icy touch be used to dispel raid bosses/mobs of "purgable stuff"

I was going over my glyphs and noticed the one about using icy touch to dispel one helpful magic effect. So I got curious if you could dispel something like the reflection shield that happens on spirit kings heroic on the first boss there? Do you know of any pve raid use for it?

Deleted
    yes... pretty sure it just acts as a dispell, raid leader was considering getting me to dispell adds on wind lord but that never transpired so haven't tested it!

Because there is an offensive mechanic tied to the dispel (the damage/disease application) icy touch on spirit kings heroic for dispels trigger the shields; at least that is what appears to be the case, given that spell steal triggers the shields.

I use it on windlord since our dispels generally suck

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendale View Post
    Because there is an offensive mechanic tied to the dispel (the damage/disease application) icy touch on spirit kings heroic for dispels trigger the shields; at least that is what appears to be the case, given that spell steal triggers the shields.
    Yes, Glyph of Icy Touch is useless on H Spirit Kings. It can't dispel Impervious Shield and it procs Shield of Darkness.

The first boss can only be dispelled with mass dispel and shattering throw.
    The third boss will kill you because Icy Touch counts as a damaging ability.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    yes... pretty sure it just acts as a dispell, raid leader was considering getting me to dispell adds on wind lord but that never transpired so haven't tested it!
    I was stuck on dispell duty 2 days ago since we didn't have anyone else and our SP went disc and didn't have the mana to mass to mass dispell apparently

so yeah it works 100%
    boring as fuck to do it but it works :P

good to know to not use it on spirit kings, are just about to try and do this next reset

Deleted
    Doesn't work on Heroic Spirit Kings.
    I use it on Windlord and on Protectors. Don't know if there are any more fights where is is usable