1. #1

    Feeling squishy as feral.

    I know my gear aint up to scratch http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Popoki/simple but im feeling very squishy i have only done a few arena and rbg's as i only hit 90 recently.

    Is it just a gear issue or are ferals just squishy and i need to play more defence style? Normal bg's and RBG's i have been fine just the few arena i played i was dead within 30 secs of attacking everytime.

    One other thing:
    Is 5.2 gonna make PvP less bursty as more resil available or more bursty from PvP power as i can see myself enjoying a less bursty style of PvP more.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    why are you gemming power

  3. #3
    im using the gems i found in a MoP feral pvp guide, please advise why not to gem for power? gemming prio was Hit to cap > pvp power > agil > resil thats what was in guide

  4. #4
    You will always be squishy as a Feral. Don't gem for resilience; You won't be able to kill shit. Anyone who dies to a Feral that did not gem for PvP power is bad at this game. Period.

    Make sure to use Thrash in your rotation against anything that does Physical Damage. Use Barksin in reaction to any offensive ability with a CD greater than 30 seconds. Play with a good healer. Don't bother playing with a healer that can't keep you up without dying himself.

    Get rid of Renewal. It is terrible. Get Nature's Swiftness, and use it to either instant Cyclone someone (and prevent damage that way), or instant Healing Touch yourself (make sure you're in Cat form when you do this for the +20% healing.)

    What the hell? Soul of the Forest? Get rid of it. It's pretty much the worst talent in the game at the moment. Get Incarnation, and use it in your cooldown rotatio to spam Ravage. If you have both Incarnation and Nature's Vigil up, your Ravages will heal you for between 5k to 10k per global cooldown, until you are completely energy starved, that is. It will help you survive during your burst however.

    Make smart use of Typhoon. If you are in Dalaran sewers or Blade's Edge, and you face an opponent popping offensives, just Typhoon them off. This will only work against terrible players however.

    EDIT: Gem full resilience instead of PvP power once you have your T2 weapon. Only then will you do sufficient amounts of damage.
    Last edited by omgmewmewcat; 2013-01-07 at 05:47 PM.

  5. #5
    Thanks Omg, alot of good info there

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 09:59 PM ----------

    Any advice for when i have blown 1 shot macro, pretty useless for 3 mins atm

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Kals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    You will always be squishy as a Feral. Don't gem for resilience; You won't be able to kill shit. Anyone who dies to a Feral that did not gem for PvP power is bad at this game. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    Gem full resilience instead of PvP power once you have your T2 weapon. Only then will you do sufficient amounts of damage.
    You should be gemming resil regardless of weapon for 3s, 2s you can get away with PvP power if you wish. You still have more than enough PvP power and agility on PvP gear to kill someone while gemming resil. The only time I would personally recommend Power over Resil for 3s is if you're running something like FMP where your mage will be primary kill target most of the time.

    Also, you can get rid of a good chunk of hit, OP. You're over by almost 2%.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post

    What the hell? Soul of the Forest? Get rid of it. It's pretty much the worst talent in the game at the moment.
    Not exactly sure where you're getting this. Soul of the Forest is the top pick for PVE.
    Sig done by ElyPop

  8. #8
    Ferals squishy? What are you comparing to? I play hunter and i feel way squishier than druids.. OFC druids are squishier than in cata, but in cata feral survivability was a little too much tbh. I feel like ferals are in a really good place atm.

  9. #9
    Feeling squishy? ret pallies say hi

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Feeling squishy? ret pallies say hi
    A rogue enters the thread.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 09:09 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tittattotem View Post
    I know my gear aint up to scratch http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Popoki/simple but im feeling very squishy i have only done a few arena and rbg's as i only hit 90 recently.

    Is it just a gear issue or are ferals just squishy and i need to play more defence style? Normal bg's and RBG's i have been fine just the few arena i played i was dead within 30 secs of attacking everytime.

    One other thing:
    Is 5.2 gonna make PvP less bursty as more resil available or more bursty from PvP power as i can see myself enjoying a less bursty style of PvP more.

    Thanks.
    here is some nerd analysis about why pvp resi is better: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GEj-WEe31Y
    I am going to call my kids Ctrl, Alt and Delete. Then if they muck up I will just hit them all at once

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •